American House Carpenter Senior Living - Ypsilanti, MI

Not the right fit

We toured American House Carpenter Senior Living. We did not have lunch there. The staff was friendly. It wasn't as well-kept as we would have like to see. It did not appeal to our taste.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us at American House Carpenter. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to better assess areas of improvement. We value your opinion. If you feel inclined to do so, please reach out to our community directly to elaborate on your experience.

Mom's Choice

I really liked the American House Carpenter Senior Living community, one reason was that it was close to my house. It was a very nice and clean community that we toured. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We chose another community that my mom decided was closer to her friends and where she had lived all of her life.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us. We appreciate your feedback.

Easy Floor Plan to Navigate

My dad is blind so being in a place where the floor plan is easy to navigate was extremely important to us. He seems to have settled in well and is liking it so far. He is making some friends and with his handicap, it makes it rough joining anything but he does attend a bible study group which he enjoys very much.
He says the food is good portions are well balanced.
The staff is friendly and very helpful and they keep in contact with us if there are any concerns or issues.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 4-star review of our community. We appreciate your feedback and we're so happy to hear your dad is settling in and making friends!

A Good Place

My mom is doing good at American House Carpenter Senior Living. It was good place for her.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 5-star review of American House Carpenter! We appreciate your feed back and we're glad to hear you and your mother are happy with our community.

I like it, loved one depends on the day.

It is very clean and the staff and residents that I usually see when visiting are very friendly and helpful. My loved one has gotten more depressed since being there, but I think that comes it costing her and my siblings so much she can no longer afford to go out and enjoy herself. She's always complaining that the housekeeping staff will come in and make the roommates bed then leavr without making hers. In the amount of time she says it takes for help to come when she pushes the emergency button around her neck she'd get faster help calling one of us kids to come help. When help does arrive they check on the roommate first. As for the food I've had some and while not as hot as I'd like I thought it tasted pretty good. My loved one on the other hand does nothing but complain about it. I like the place and I'm always made to feel welcome , however my loved one it depends on her mood at the time you ask her.

American House Review

I placed my sister in American House 3 months ago and have been very satisfied with the staff, meals and surroundings. Everyone is friendly, helpful and encouraging to my sister.

She loves the food and Bingo.

I would give it a 5 plus!

I am very impressed with the American house when you walk in you can feel that it is sunny, bright and well lit. They have so many activities available at all times. I think it is so cute how the residents give me updates on how she is doing. They do an excellent job with the security, cleanliness, and meals. She is participating in the exercise programs. It has been a positive experience so far.

Having a Blast at This Community

My mother in law loves it here at this community. She is really enjoying her time here. We were concerned at first, because she wasn't a very socializing person, but she has made many new friends. That is very surprising, and nice to see. My wife is very impressed with this community. Everything is very well-kept. It is a good, safe community, and I would recommend it. It has worked out very well for our family.

Mom's happy here!

My mom is in good care in this community. We are very happy with the staff that are very friendly. They offer alot of activities to help her stay active. The food seems to be good. My mom highly recommends the care her and the value to be a good with a high recommendation for other families.

The staff at American House are fantastic!!!

The community is well maintained. The staff are very efficient and have great follow up. They had some extra furniture and they moved it into my friends room for him to use. He likes the food and I would recommend this community.

Mixed experience

Our experience with American House has been somewhat mixed. I think the facility itself is very nice, the building is well kept and clean and the apartments are attractive and a nice size. However, I think they are a little short staffed. The response times to the call button necklace can be very slow, we discovered that it's actually faster if my loved one calls me and I call the front desk to ask for someone to help her, which is certainly not ideal. The people they do have are friendly and hard working, they just need a few more people on hand.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into senior living options for our loved ones. This was a very nice looking place! The staff were all very friendly, the facility was clean and well kept, and the prices were good!

American House Senior Living Communities

I'm very happy you enjoyed the tour and the American House Carpenter community! The American House vision is to provide high-quality housing for seniors at an affordable price. If I can be of assistance in any way, please reach out to me personally. Sincerely, Debbie Adams

Seems like a nice place

I have heard good things from my Aunt about American House! I don't get a chance to visit often, as I live out of state, but she really seems to be enjoying herself here! I've really only heard a few minor complaints. She wishes the food would come out hotter, and I guess they often are not able to assemble a big enough group to play bridge.

American House Senior Living Communities

How lovely that your aunt is having fun! Thank you for letting me know her concerns, I will let my staff know. Hopefully we can round up some more friends for bridge! Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you or your aunt have any concerns or ideas.
Debbie Adams, Executive Director

Pleasant community and friendly staff

Over experience with American House has been a very good one overall. They just provide a very good day to day experience, and I'd give them top marks across the board. Everyone has been very friendly, and they are taking great care of my loved one. From what I have heard they also do a great job with the food here!

American House Senior Living Communities

We work hard to make sure not only are our residents well
taken care of, but happy, too! Thank you so much for your high ratings
and your feedback -- it is really appreciated. Please don't hesitate
to call me if you have any questions or your loved one needs anything.
Debbie Adams, Executive Director

Overall they are doing a pretty good job.

Overall they are doing a pretty good job. There have been some minimal minor complaints about the food. I would like to see them give the tenants a little more of a voice with changes and renovations. I really liked the location, that was probably the biggest deciding factor for me.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for leaving your feedback! While we love to have

input from residents -- particularly about food -- sometimes it's

harder to be accommodating to everyone when it comes to choices in

renovations. I hope you understand! But with any other concerns,

please visit my office or call me personally and I'd be glad to

discuss things with you.

American House Ypsilanti

We have only been at American House for 2 weeks. All of the staff have been helpful and have been there to answer any questions or concerns. The food is terrific and the staff in the dinning room are friendly and helpful!

American House Senior Living Communities

How nice that you are having a great time adjusting to your new living experience! It sounds like this has been a smooth transition for you – and if there is anything you need, my door is always open.
Debbie Adams, Executive Director

Friendly staff and good food

We don't have much to compare it to, but so far everything here seems very good! My parents are enjoying themselves, and seem happy. One thing I really appreciated was how much effort the staff puts into making the transition to this new style of living easy on both the residents and their families. The staff have all been very friendly and helpful in general. The food is also excellent, I've had a chance to try it a few times myself and I have been impressed!

American House Senior Living Communities

Isn’t it a huge relief when your parents are enjoying themselves after a move?! I’m sure they are having fun with all our activities and events we offer! If they (or you) have any questions, please let me know.
Debbie Adams, Executive Director

Attractive facility, good f...

Attractive facility, good food, seem to have lots of activities, residents seem happy.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words about our American House Carpenter community. Residents are the key focus of our communities and activities are enjoyable for both residents and our team members together. If you ever have any specific questions or comments you’d like to share with me, my door is always open. Thanks again!
Debbie Adams, Executive Director [removed]

Horror stories are unfounded

Things are going pretty well, surpisingly. She doesn't like her roommate but that's just my mother, she's high drama, she enjoys hating her roommate. American house has been very wonderful saying we can try to get her a different roommate but she didn't want to change. Things are going well, she loves breakfasts, lunches, hates the dinners, she loves it there. I don't know how many activities she does, she's never been a joiner, she goes down and visits and gossips. The care really has been excellent, they're very nice to her, they know her name, they give her her meds, they're always very nice as far as when we check her in and out. I had heard horror stories about american house and I think they were unfounded. I mean it is kinda depressing, the clienteles a little... there are people that have extreme disabilities or are extremely senile, its not real fancy or real pretty but none of that bothers her. I'll give them a glowing report. In the medical field when people hear "american house" everybody goes ughh but it's really not that bad.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for leaving such a detailed review. We’re happy you are pleased with your mother’s new home. If you ever need to chat about anything, my door is always open.
Sincerely, Debbie Adams, Executive Director

Great Community

American House is a really great community with lots to offer for the price. We are paying about $2,700 for apartment, meals, cleaning service and medication assistance, plus all the services they offer free of charge as well. The community is very accommodating they were able to make adjustments to the apartment so that our loved one would be more comfortable. The community is also conveniently located with access to Access Transport which takes them to appointments; it is also located within walking distance of Kroger, Target, Lowes, Home Depot and Meijer. The apartment is very spacious with a nice size bedroom with plenty of closet space, a living room, bathroom, and a small kitchenette. They do offer a lot of activities on and off the community, but their transport vehicle is not handicap accessible so it limits those trips to those who have limited disabilities. Overall we are very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you very much for your recommendation and glowing review! We do offer such a variety of services that we hope our residents are able to have everything they would want and need, and I’m happy your loved one is doing well in our community.

Debbie Adams
Executive Director
[removed]

Looks pretty good

Close to shopping (Kroger), garden out back. I didn't like that the windows seemed small. Visited it about a year ago. Seems affordable.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for leaving your feedback! You’re right – our communities are affordable and we offer a lot of activities like a gardening club, shopping trips as well as full maintenance and meal services. If you have any questions, please contact me directly and I’d be happy to help

looks good

looks good

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you! We try to provide an atmosphere where our residents feel at-home here.
Debbie Adams, Executive Director [removed]

Bringing American House quality and value to Washtenaw county near the crossroads of U.S. 23 and I-94, American House Carpenter is ideally situated near family friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Saline, Superior Township, and Pittsfield Township. American House in Ypsilanti is also located close to hospitals including University of Michigan Hospital, St. Joseph Mercy, and Veterans Hospital Ann Arbor. Carpenter Senior Living in Yspilanti provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Apartment options at Carpenter Senior Living include studios, or 1 and 2 bedrooms - all with full kitchens and private baths. Property amenities include a dining room, beauty salon/barber shop, private park with trails, gardens, and ponds, and much more.

Restaurant-style dining is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. An Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include 24-hour on-site management and scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services, medication reminders, and strength training programs are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.