Brookdale New Hope - Gastonia, NC

Abingdon Place of Gastonia provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each assisted living resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. We offer graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care, and value.

I've been very happy with it.

I've been very happy with it. It's really clean and nice, you couldn't ask for a better situation. There were some questions we had about getting some things installed very smoothly. Most recently we asked some questions about medicare, and they haven't been able to answer those for me. So some billing issues.

Just worked out great. I could not have ask for better help and understanding.

prompt and accurate service

When I go visit Brookdale New Hope the nurse gives me prompt and accurate service. Anything I need she helps me with. The marketing lady is also excellent. My sister is in good of shape now being in this facility as she was before her stroke. Things are really working out well for her there. My only complaint is I haven't gotten the billing straightened out yet.

Brookdale New Hope - a comfortable alternative to "home".

I have been very satisfied with the services given to my brother, who is 84 years old and blind. He is the only blind person in the facility and we are charged for someone to come and get him to take him to the dining room. He has been unable to learn to get there without help.
His room is cleaned once a week and items that have fallen to the floor (kleenex, papers, etc) are in the floor when we arrive unless it is the day the room is cleaned.

He has been very pleased with the meals, but sometimes he said they have only "cottage cheese and salad" for a meal. I believe he just does not see his choices and hears only a little of what may be said to him, as his hearing is also bad.

The Sunday church service is recorded. He is unhappy about that and so he does not go. He likes that a minister comes on Tuesdays, and they sing and play the piano. My brother has always been in choir and had started singing with them. This is giving him some times to look forward to. They have holiday celebrations with decorations and mini-parties.

Prices increase each year. You may start out being able to afford the rate, but it keeps climbing. You can talk with the office personnel and may get a discount if you truly need it. It is no higher than others around, and in fact, is a little lower than some.

You are charged for any additional services "you" require. An extra charge is levied because he has to be led to the dining room, living room, etc. He is charged because he needs help taking his medicines.

I am proud to tell people that he's at Brookdale New Hope. Residents are treated like the valuable people they are. The outside of the building is nice and the inside decor is quite nice. A large living room like home, dining room with table that seat only 4, not long dorm tables. This helps for people who are hard of hearing.

I recommend Brookdale New Hope as a nice alternative to "home>"

Too big for my liking

I visited this community and thought it was really good. The staff is friendly the community is clean but it was just too big for what I am looking for. The size of the community really seemed overwhelming. Everything else in the community is nice and seems like a good value but the size just steered me away.

We have already visited Abingdon Plac...

We have already visited Abingdon Place and enjoyed our visit. We are still in the process of looking at different assisted living facilites and appreciate the great tour and lunch we had at Abingdon place with Mother, myself, and my daughter. We have not made a decision yet.

Outdoor walking paths; 86 beds? 2010 ...

Outdoor walking paths; 86 beds? 2010 - 3 Star, 105.5; 2009 - 3 star, 98.5

Talked with a rep. They have couples ...

Talked with a rep. They have couples with one on private pay & other on medicare.