Morningside of Gastonia - Gastonia, NC

Morningside of Gastonia is the only Assisted Living Community with 24-hour licensed nursing staff. It provides a full complement of assisted living services combined with a comprehensive Check Point Program that enhances and protects quality of life through coordinated and integrated service delivery. Uniquely designed to meet the changing needs of today's seniors, Morningside of Gastonia offers an elegant lifestyle that surrounds our residents with personal care support, comfort, and security. In addition to residential assisted living, we offer our Award Winning Bridge to Rediscovery, an enhanced Montessori-based care program for residents with Alzheimer's Disease or other memory-related impairments. We do this by emphasizing four basic principles: promoting independence, preserving dignity, protecting privacy and providing safety and comfort. At Morningside we strive to exceed customer's expectation in a unique and outstanding way.

Working Out Well For Us

My father is doing well since his move to this community. I do feel he is safe, and in good hands. They have a good staff, and they are taking good care of him, and his needs. When I visit the community everything is nice, and clean. This community is working out pretty well for us, and I would recommend it.

Carpets needed to be cleaned

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Morningside of Gastonia seemed like a nice enough place, the staff was friendly and professional, but I noticed a few cleanliness issues. I could see a lot of spots on the carpets, it seemed like they had not been cleaned in quite a while.

so convenient

Morningside of Gastonia has been so convenient for me. The staff here are very cooperative and helpful. My wife has only been here 6 weeks and so far we have been very impressed. If things continue as they have been we will be extremely happy.

Very happy mother and daughter

My mother has been here for almost 3 years and is very happy. The staff is very attentive and patient. Mom raves about the food and loves the fact that she "orders from a menu." The staff is great about keeping me informed about any issues with Mom. Since her memory is so bad, I have to call them whenever I am going to come get her (she will either get dressed and wait for me for hours or forget altogether). They have her ready for me when I come. Mom will probably have to move to the Memory Care Unit soon, so they are integrating her into their activities, so she will feel comfortable with the staff and the residents when the time comes. They are very concerned with preserving her dignity.

We toured Morningside. I liked it.

We toured Morningside. I liked it. It was clean and the staff was friendly. I can't really say much about the value or the care, since it was just an initial tour.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. We saw quite a few, and this one really stood out to me, it was a nice place. Everyone here was very friendly, and the facility itself was clean and well kept. They also appeared to have a good amount of activities available for the residents.

Very nice place, great food!

Everything at Morningside of Gastonia has just been wonderful so far. I'd give them top marks across the board, they really do a great job! The people are friendly, the building is well kept and clean, and the food service is incredible! They're definitely worth a look!

Review of Morningside of Gastonia Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Gastonia, NC

This place was the second nicest. However their small room is 2600.00 and then the next larger one is 3500. their is also an assistance fee, but I think that is all. This place is a 30 minute drive from here.

Review of Morningside of Gastonia Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Gastonia, NC

This is a 5star facility. We have put a deposit down and we hope we will have mom in within the next 2 weeks! Thanks for all your help!

Phenomenal Care!

My mother and father both were at Morningside due to Alzheimer's , dementia, and medical problems. The Director, nurses, CNA's, dietary, PT, Hair dresser, the Ladies that painted Mom's nails, and Activity Coordinator were phenomenal! My Mom had to be placed on the secured Memory Care Unit and my father was on the Assisted Living side, close to that unit's door. My father could go in anytime and help my Mom and he could participate in activities and be social with the residents in Assisted Living. Morningside made the last days of my parent's lives comfortable and the compassion was beyond my expectations! Bless you all!

They are clean. They staff is friendly, and the food is good.

They are clean. They staff is friendly, and the food is good. They have all the normal things you would look for. The price is about standard to what everyone else charges. Our circumstance is a little difficult. My loved one is having a tough time adjusting, and I am having to bring in some additional outside help.

wonderful facility

Our family has been very pleased with our Mom's care; she is receiving excellent care. Everyone at Morningside is very friendly and courteous, and they care about Mom. They respond to every need , the meals are excellent,the facility is very clean, and the residents always look tidy and clean.

Morningside of Gastonia

A Place for Mom recommended this facility. It is the facility we ended up going with. We felt it was a good fit for our family members needs.

Finally-A place for Mom.

Dawn McKensie, A Place for Mom, encouraged me to visit Morningside of Gastonia and I am so that glad she did. Mom is contented and happy. I know that she is getting the best of care. It is so clean, the food is excellent and most of all, of the residents are treated with respect. I will be eternally grateful.

This was a nice facility an...

This was a nice facility and the staff was very helpful and forthcoming. I don't think that this is a proper fit for my father just because he functions at a higher level and needs a more mentally stimulating environment.

Better place for dad, and they do what they can with mom

Mom's not really able to participate in anything, but my dad is in the assisted living and his room is right next to where the activities are. He doesn't necessarily remember that bingo is at 2 but he hears them so he'll go out. I'm sure that the memory care has activities, I'm sure there are some people in memory care who are able to do them, but my mom is in bed all day, she'll tell them no to everything to begin with. With my dad she might walk up to the dining room but I think they're basically doing what they can with her and they have been good. Like on a Saturday, they put her in a wheelchair and roll her down to my dad's room to visit, I think it was more just to get her out of bed, so they're doing a good job with that. I don't know that they can do a lot more, but I have asked if they could put an alarm on her or every 2 to 3 hours encourage her or tell her to go to the bathroom, I don't fault the staff for anything, I know how my mom is. But it's been really good for dad in terms of having some social outlet.

Seem very genuine and caring

The cleanliness is not a problem at all, it was one of the things that drew me to them. More than the staff's friendliness was their at least percieved sincere interest that they took in her in the beginning and has continued over the last month now, it has continued at a high level of concern and interest and feedback. Everybody talks the talk and it's a pleasure to see peopel walk the walk. It is such a pleasure to see her particpate because knowing that I had that as a major uphill battle going into it in the beginning, it's nice that in the period of this past month she's already pretty well imbedded and particpating. She still has her shy ways and that's not an issue, but from the point of having activities available and having access to them and her being willing to participate... it was totally a surprise to me but i think it's attributable more to the attitude and perserverance of the staff than her personal preference. It's a load off of my shoulders.

Nice facility rooms are nice side. Me...

Nice facility rooms are nice side. Memory unit had odor. No activity to view. Nice calendar of events

Super management team. Safe, inviting...

Super management team. Safe, inviting healthy envirornment. Supportive staff. Wide variety of options available. Happy residents.