Brookdale Robinwood - Gastonia, NC

Gaston Place provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Gaston Place we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.

A very good tour!

When my father looked into Brookdale Robinwood, he liked the fact that there was a private room available. The facility is nice and clean and everyone was very friendly, but my father is still doing just fine at home so he is not ready to move.

Mom's Care

I am happy to see that my mom is receiving great care by the staff at this community. They do inform her on the activities and try assisting her to be active. The meals are appealing. We are really liking this community for being so clean and maintained. I recommend the great care to others and the value being received here for her care.

This community needs more organization

My friend likes living at this community and it is very nice. The minor issue I have is that the dining room staff do not seem well trained. The other issue I have is that I feel they need more organization. I spoke to the head nurse, the director and the marketing director and none of them knew anything about his insurance change that we needed to complete.

Issues with care and billing

Our experience with Brookdale Robinwood has not been a positive one. I've had issues with both the care services offered, and multiple issues with the billing department. Based on our experience it isn't somewhere I'd recommend.

very good experience

It's been a very good experience at Brookdale Robinwood. They have made everything very easy for us as far as the transition goes. The staff keep us advised on what is taking place. They have given us a notice with all of the holiday events that will be taking place. I have been very pleased with them.

Very Satisfied

Well we moved over to Brookdale Robinwood from another facility and this facility is a much better improvement from the other place we were at, so we are very satisfied with what we have going on over here.

Review of Brookdale Place Robinwood Assisted Living in Gastonia, NC

I liked this place, third nicest. also the pricing was second best. Private apartment 3125, mini-private apartment 2600. There is an assistance fee to be determined when Mother is interviewed.

It looks really clean and everyone has been really helpful.

It looks really clean and everyone has been really helpful. I am not happy with the parent company Brookdale. She was in another of their communities but they were not able to confirm her residence with the VA to get her benefits, for two years. Their billing also leaves something to be desired. Gaston Place has been much more helpful and said that they will be able keep her there until the end of her life. They have some workers that have been there for 9-10 years. She is thriving here. They have someone to round everyone up at meals and they have ambassadors to make residents feel welcome. They were really accommadating and worked with us. When you walk in you get the feeling that they really are invested in the care of the residents, and it has that small town feel.

A little out of my budget

It is a very nice community my son, granddaughter and I looked at it and it is just a wonderful community. The staff is just wonderful they are very personable. I would like to move here but it is just too pricey for my budget. The price list they gave us is based on the private rooms but I am looking for a semi private room.

Very kind staff

The Gaston Place worked with our limitied budget and were willing to meet us in the middle. Most of the therapists, nurses, and aides are extremely friendly and really kind people. We had toured another community in the same price range but chose the Gaston Place because of it was cleaner and friendly. The only disappointment has been with the activities scheduled. Their activities calendar is filled with activities but when I have stopped by to visit my mom or join her in an activity I am told that the activity was cancelled that day. It seems if there is not enough interest the activity is cancelled. It would be nice for the residents to have more stuff to do and that what activity is scheduled to happen actually happens. I think my mom and other residents would benefit from being able to participate in the activities that are scheduled. It may take the staff reaching out and reminding residents to help include them, but it seems the activities just get cancelled instead which is disappointing.

very nice