Lakewood Care Center - Denver, NC

Needs a Renovation

I took a tour at Lakewood Care Center, and the people were very nice at this community. However as far as the facility itself goes, The atmosphere just felt very aged. The rooms were not well kept, and in my opinion, the community just needed a total renovation.

Overly friendly

They do take good care of the residents. However I was not happy when my husband came home and stated that he had been hit on by some the aides there. One actually gave him a note asking for his number, and it stated what she'd like to do with him, another one told him he should take her with him on a trip. That's being unprofessional. And it was NOT appreciated.

Comfortable With The Care They Are Providing My Mother With

Everything has worked out pretty well for us here at this community. My mother is being cared for well, I know she is in good hands here. They have a good staff here, they are helpful and courteous. The community looks nice and well-kept. The meals are well balanced. Overall my mother is doing well here and I would recommend it.

Nice place, overall

Overall we are pleased with our experience at Lakewood Care Center. It's a nice looking place, the staff is friendly and attentive, and they do a good job looking out for the residents. My one complaint would be that communication with families could be improved. It seems like they could add a few people to their staff to improve response times.

"Back in the Day" Charm

Lakewood is an older facility with a more subtle, "back in the good old days" feel. While it doesn't ring with a lot of bells and whistles, Lakewood has much to offer.

Lakewood Care Center was the "idea child" of a woman who wanted to offer a family environment for seniors no longer able to live alone. The center is still family owned and operated today, maintaining a small community of "neighbors" (a.k.a residents) living under the same roof.

Lakewood hosts a large activities room, a large outdoor area with picnic tables and a large gazebo designed for social interaction among the residents and guests alike.

The management and staff are qualified, friendly and concerned for all of the residents. Lakewood offers "small benefits" that many other facilities do not.

If you have a loved one who thrives better in a smaller, more neighborly environment, you may want to visit Lakewood Care Center in Denver NC.

Overall things have gone very well wi...

Overall things have gone very well with Lakewood Care Center! The staff are all very patient and friendly, and they've done a good job looking after my loved one. They've been very easy to work with, and their pricing structure and what they provide is all self-explanatory and easy to understand.

I would not even rate this ...

I would not even rate this place. I was rundown and looked like a low end nursing facility. I have to rate it save my comments - so it get 1 star when it should have a - 1.

I would give them an A, they are doing good.

I would give them an A, they are doing good. One of the reasons we chose them is their reasonable pricing. We like the staff. They keep it pretty clean. They staff is very responsive to the family and they are very helpful. They keep in communication with us, they answer any questions we have, and are always asking us questions about our loved one too. I don't really have any complaints.

Personnel was very accommod...

Personnel was very accommodating and pleasant to the residents while I was there. The outdoor facility was very nice, as was the dining area. I liked that the dining area remained open all the time for the use of the residents other than meals. Pool table would have an attraction for him, as would the piano since he plays very well. The room was adequate, although somewhat stark compared to what he had at Hickory Manor. Keeping an open mind as this may be an option. It is a little further away than I would like.

60 people; full range of care - assis...

60 people; full range of care - assisted thru skilled nursing; not many activities - church groups, piano performers, trips (Walmart), bingo, auction; low turnover, patients have been there long time