Lake Wylie Retirement and Assisted Living - Lake Wylie, SC

Situated near the Catawba River in York County, minutes from the city of Charlotte, Lake Wylie Retirement and Assisted Living Community offers the lifestyle that’s just right for you. With Lake Wylie nearby, a small town resort-like atmosphere and old-fashioned Southern charm make this peaceful and picturesque community an ideal place to call home. Featuring Assisted Living, Lake Wylie provides a nurturing environment designed to support and enrich your lifestyle, now and in the future.

Husband is Happy here

My husband is doing very well since his move to this community. I'am very comfortable with his move to this facility, everything is working out very well. It is a well-kept community they do a great job with the cleanliness. The staff is wonderful, they are taking very good care of him and his needs. They have nice activities offered for the residents. The meals are lovely, and well prepared. He is safe, and in good hands at this community, and I would recommend it.

I have heard nothing but good things about the place

I am not dealing with the home, my Sister is, but as far as I know everything is going well. I have heard nothing but good things about the place.

they are thriving here

It was a great experience at Lake Wylie Retirement and Assisted Living. When I walked in the residents looked so happy, more so than I saw in the other two facilities that I toured. I just got a good feel at this place. You could tell that the residents are getting good care and attention, and that they are thriving here.

VERY UNFAIR WAY TO TREAT PEOPLE THAT NEED THEIR HELP

I called a place for mom ,Jennifer Alwin was my contact and helped me secure a week for a dear friend Judy that was in dire need of a vacation after 4 solid years caring for her husband Don Edmondson after mini strokes and other health issues. Jennifer made arrangements several weeks prior with this facility for Judy to go meet wih them and make payment arrangements.. The day b4 she was to take her husband Don they called her and said they needed a chest exray b4 admission. Well that was impossible to get in one day.. They waved that than they told instead of the agreeded $1,200.00 for 7 days it would be $2,000.00 for 7 days. This was devastating for her,since the only way she could afford to go was family and friends had accumulated the original 12,00.00.This was a terrible way for her to start a much need vacation . I will personally never recommend this facality because of that..Her husband received good care and enjoyed his stay. The people responsible for this costly error do not need to be working their.

SLC Southeast

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are disappointed to learn you have not had a good experience at Lake Wylie and do not feel you can refer to us. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. We must have a TB test prior to admission and I understand at times families would like to move a love one in quickly so in order to do that a chest x-ray would be needed because the standard TB test can take well over two weeks. I apologize about the discrepancy in charges, unfortunately some of our partners may not have our accurate charges updated in their systems but we have recently verified they have our current charges and now they do. I would love to discuss how we can partner together so you do feel comfortable referring to Lake Wylie going forward. My contact information is [removed] or feel free to call me at [removed].

I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you.

Kristi McCuin
Executive Director

The staff has been very helpful, friendly, and caring...

The staff has been very helpful, friendly, and caring. The food isn't great. My parents are getting out more. They are getting involved. They are enjoying the activities. I think they could improve on the communication. The communication with the staff is good but not great. I don't think that I would recommend the Lake Wylie Retirement and Assisted Living to anyone. My overall rating of Lake Wylie is four stars.

Not As Advertised

Very friendly but under-staffed. Food is NOT nearly as good as advertised. Cleanliness is a real issue. Total price was $500 per month more expensive than quoted prior, but by then it was too late as my parents had already committed. Many other smaller "promises" have not been kept. Not very satisfied but will do for now. Will likely begin looking elsewhere soon.

SLC Southeast

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are disappointed to learn you have not had a good experience at Lake Wylie. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. I would love for you to provide me with more information on why we failed to deliver and meet your expectations and how we could improve the quality of services going forward. My contact information is [removed] or feel free to call me at [removed]. I look forward to speaking with you and coming to a resolution together. Thank you.

- Kristi McCuin, Executive Director

They are doing great.

They are doing great. My sister is very happy, and if she is happy we are happy. They take real good care of her there. The staff is friendly, and they keep the place nice. She is enjoying it. She is enjoying the food. I don't have one bad thing to say about them.

Disappointed

We were disappointed by our experience with Lake Wylie Retirement. We heard very good things about them, but things seem to have gone downhill recently. Our loved one was mostly just sitting in a chair on his own. Since he was left he attempted to get up on his own and suffered a fall.

Great place!

Residents here seem happy with lots to do. Staff is always visible. Nurses (Gina and Mykala) work very hard to make things run smoothly and are always eager to help. Management is always willing to help. Great community! Good job to the staff!

mother in law is very happy

My mother in law is very happy there at Lake Wylie Retirement and Assisted Living. They are feeding her well, and she has gotten a lot healthier and stronger since going there. The people there are very accommodating. They go on trips and do other things to make it a really good experience.

The only thing I can think of where they could improve would be to have WiFi, and also a cable outlet in her room to watch television.

Wonderful facility!

This really is a wonderful facility, and they've been great to work with. My loved one was having a very difficult time adjusting, but they've been so patient and so caring. They've got all sorts of activities (which I hope she starts participating in!), and the food is great. We knew they'd do a great job, we've had a relative stay here before and they did an equally excellent job that time.

Happy Resident

My mother is extremely happy here. She has friends and activities that she enjoys. Her apartment is precious. The staff seems very friendly and caring to my mom. She has respect for the staff

I am very frustrated that after over 2 weeks of residency I have no confidence that I have filled out all of the proper paperwork. All of the forms for residency were filled out. However, there are multiple authorization forms that have to be filled out and those are all dealt with separately. Administratively there needs improvement at this community.

There seems to be communication issues among the staff. If you ask simple questions it seems that there is only one person to ask and it is not clear who that person is. Example of this a flyer that is put out to the families but when questions arise two people did not know the answer.

close...nice place... Went to family...

close...nice place... Went to family night party...

Nice room -- opening in 1 br, nice ki...

Nice room -- opening in 1 br, nice kitchette with sinks. Studio also ok. Lowest sign up fee -- takes refundable deposit of $500. Allows pets and has service dog in rehab dept. Rehab people -- 2. On site Nurse & Dr visits. Concerned over building security tho.

This will likely be the next choice s...

This will likely be the next choice should my father decide he no longer wishes or is able to live with us.