Brookdale Niles - Niles, IL has yet not published prices.

Review of Brookdale Niles - Niles, IL

My dad moved into Brookdale Niles 6 weeks ago. Everyone in the sales/marketing department is fabulous. [Removed] made it incredibly easy to know that my dad would have all of his needs met. Move – in day was a breeze, with multiple employees – including [Removed], seeing that our every need was met, and every question answered. The food quality and taste is great. Everyone is friendly, and the activities offered are quite enjoyable. It’s great having a library and computers on site. Being next to Golf Mil mall and public transportation has been wonderful. My dad couldn’t be more pleased with everything!

Nice Community, Too Expensive

I toured at Brookdale Niles, and I thought that the community itself was very nice. The place was beautiful, and the people there were very friendly. However, I found that the community was just too expensive.

Looked nice.

I liked the tour, and the tour director answered all of my questions. The facility appeared well maintained and clean. The lobby area felt a bit too "busy" and not a good fit for my loved one.

A lot of amenities

I absolutely love this location. There are a lot of amenities, there is a pool on site, the food is good, the staff keeps everything super clean, everyone there is really nice, and they are just top notched with reasonable pricing for what you are getting. For their activities they post a schedule for what is happening that week so they keep everyone updated. They offer exercise classes and also water aerobics in their pool, which my love one participates in. They also have nice entertainment schedule as well. They have music in the evenings that the residents can enjoy. The food that they offer is good as well. They have set menus that change daily. You have several options that you can choose from. If you do not like something you can choose from something else. They seem to have nicely portioned food too. The staff team is definitely on top of their cleanliness. My loved one gets his apartment cleaned weekly and the housekeeping seems to be cleaning everything else every day. I would definitely recommend this property to other people. It is a very nice community with understanding staff, a clean facility, fun activities offered, and wonderful tenants.

I liked the facility. It was clean and beautiful. It was a busy place. The residents were out and eager to engage in conversation. The location was not close to dr. and hospital which mom wanted to keep.

The Tour Experience

I had a tour of the community and I saw that they were smaller than the community I liked. They also didn't have as many amenities as I had hoped for.

Care and options for mom

We toured this community for moms care. We like the staff and the nice environment. The community appeared to be cleansed and we liked the menu. They had the activity that would have been helpful for her care. This community did not have the care that we needed at the time.

No complaints!!

My wife and I have recently made the move into this community and I have no complaints of how things have been going for us so far. The apartment that we had moved into has been the perfect fit for us and has enough space for all of our personal things. I liked that they have an activity center for all of us to go and enjoys games and different events with other residents. Overall we are happy and would recommend it to anyone.

Care as needed

We were very happy with the care from this community. We liked the staff who were caring and understanding to our needs. My mom liked the menu and the activities that were offered. The community is clean and a good environment. We would recommend this care for other families for their loved ones.

Food is excellent. Staff is very cheerful, helpful and always available.

An Easy Transition

My mom loves the community she moved into and she has made some friends. It has worked out fine for the meals that she gets twice a day. They clean her room too. She feels great about the community and she did not have trouble transitioning.

I Saw and I Toured

Overall they were too much money for me and not in a good area for me. I did see a clean community and good staff who looked like they know what they were providing to the resident who lived there.

super friendly people. beautiful elevator and atrium.

Super friendly staff!

It's a very nice place and the food is good. The people are very nice, some nicer than others but they are all generally nice.[Removed] are very helpful and friendly. The guy who runs the dining room is very nice too.

New place for dad

The people at Brookdale in Niles made my dad so welcome. He just moved in a week ago and loves it as his new home. I looked at many places when considering the perfect place. Kim Pera was amazing and clinched the deal in having us select this wonderful place.

Dad loves the food, the lively atmosphere and all the activities.

Clean Property!!

I thought this property was very clean and had a lot of great amenities to offer all of there residents. The staff where all wonderful and where very friendly and professional during our tour. The environment felt really comfortable and relaxed not to mention the property was spotless. We ended up just choosing another Brookdale property that my mother had knew people at.

We Chose Brookdale

After reviewing 6 different communities for my Dad, Brookdale seemed to have the best combination of all amenities. It's clean, bright, cheerful. It has a great dining room that feels like a restaurant. We chose a studio with an alcove that feels like a 1 Bedroom and is cost efficient. It is appointed well with a separate kitchen, new cabinets and countertops. The refrigerator is a bit old but works.
One surprise was that they charge monthly $25 for a pendant (emergency button). Others included it in the price.
The staff is smiling and friendly. Its only been a couple weeks and Dad is adjusting to being alone after losing his wife.

I love it here!!

I love how comfortable and home like this community feels. The food that is served is wonderful, it tastes very nourishing and the produce seems to be of very good quality. The residents and staff are very nice, I have made a lot of new friends. They have a lot of activities here. Some days they have two at once and it's hard to choose but I really don't mind that.

In a Familiar Neighborhood

Brookdale Niles is providing the right care for my brother. I choose this community because the price is reasonable and the location is in a familiar neighborhood. The staff are compassionate with everybody. My brother enjoy the meals and likes what is made. The community has many activities during the day. We have not had any issues with housekeeping or how it is up kept in the community.

Nice People!

I was able to take a tour of this place quite a while ago. Me and my loved one did like the community. The people were friendly and they answered all our questions. It just was not as good as the Jewish place.

No Pet Policy

We had a good tour of this community, it went pretty well. The staff was kind and friendly. The community looked nice and well maintained. There were many factors that played into where we were going to move. One of those factors was we needed a place that allowed pets. This community policy does not allow you to bring pets to live with you. It was a good tour, but not the place for us and our cats.

Respite Stay At A Friendly Community

We were only at Brookdale for a respite stay and our experiences were good. The community is extremely clean and her apartment was big with nice widows. Only problem we had was with the heating and AC we couldn't control it from our apartment. They would make the rooms very hot in the winter. Everyone here is very happy and cheerful the residents are wonderful. They have an extremely kind staff they were always willing to help us. There are great activities here we enjoyed going to water fitness. This is a very friendly community.

Friendly, welcoming community

Our experience with Brookdale has been a very positive one! The marketing person we worked with was very helpful through the whole process, and really put a lot of effort into making sure my loved one was welcomed into the community! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and everyone seems very friendly.

Very nice place with what my Dad was looking for in a senior living facility. My dad chose Brookdale Des Plaines as he liked the apartment he chose better than the ones at this location.

Not truly an independent living facility.

The staff is mostly exceptional however it is advertised as independent living when in fact it is more of an assisted living facility. Some of the private caregivers do not display badges and Brookdale has done nothing to rectify this situation. My Aunt was looking for a Christian community and we want a place where they do a better job of screening the residents. Way too many dementia and Alzheimers residents. This is a complaint voiced by many residents.

The Right Place

The Brookdale Niles facility is just simply amazing. Everything about the place really is just fantastic. We definitely placed my loved one in the right place and my loved one is doing well over there.

Great Staff!

Great staff! Have visited about 10 times and each time they are great. They take care of the residents. It is a very nice place! More like a 5 star Marriott. They have marble bathrooms and glass elevators. I told my brother I would love to retire here.

So Far, So Good

In my opinion, I think that they do a nice job over at the Brookdale Niles. We have not been at the facility for very long, so there are a lot of things that we have not experience yet, but so far so good.

Good location to hospitals, shopping, and centrally located

My parents are settled here at the Brookdale Niles and they are happy the atmosphere seems very nice they are very happy there and with their decision. It has a good location to hospitals, shopping and it is a good central location. Not to much interaction but the staff seems to be attentive and responsive.

more emphasis on activities

Brookdale Niles needs more emphasis on activities. No one plays bridge here. The facility is clean. The staff members are friendly. I am overall satisfied with this facility. It is good.

Brookdale Niles (formerly known as "The Park")

My mother moved in recently to The Park, now known as Brookdale Niles. It is an exceptional retirement home. Good food, nice people and very helpful staff. Joanne, our contact, stayed in constant communication with us throughout the entire process. She always remained patience and upbeat with us and answered all of our never ending questions. I highly recommend Brookdale Niles for your loved one.

My mother is very satisfied with everything except for the food..

My mother is very satisfied with everything except for the food. She feels the food needs some improvement. They act quickly on requests. The front desk people are very efficient and friendly. It's a well run place. The service in the dining room is slow. My mother just complains about the service and food. That is why I rated the Brookdale Niles four stars. Everything else is good. It's an overall nice place.

excellent

They did an excellent job helping us move and being very accommodating to make it a very smooth transition. It has been a very positive overall experience and I would highly recommend Brookdale Niles.

They might could use a few more/better activities, but other than that everything has been great.

It was very nice, we liked it a lot.

This is one of the places we toured when we were looking into options. It was very nice, we liked it a lot. It was outside of our price range though. We could never have afforded it.

I would reccommend

Brookdale is a beautiful facility with activities. The food started out to be very good, but later became les s favorable. The area is clean. Many of the personal care givers are caring and take care of the patients. There are a select few that are rough and in a hurry. They made my mother feel that she couldn't remain in the bathroom long enough to complete her business. Services must be kept up with by an adult family member but are quality. Visiting your relative is a must to ensure the best care.

Everything is going good, they are wonderful.

Everything is going good, they are wonderful. I don't have any complaints or concerns. They are doing a good job.

Both my mother and I love living at The Park.

My mother is 94 years old. She has been at The Park for almost a year. She loves it and I love it. I'm from California, though my sister lives in Chicago. I just returned from a 3-week visit there. I stayed in my mom's room, with no charge to me, for 3 weeks, so I experienced first-hand the day-to-day life there.

Without exception, the entire staff is very caring and helpful. They are all very respectful to the residents, often suggesting things that could improve their stay.

My mother broke her arm the day before my recent visit. Within a day of that event, someone from The Park came to talk to her and let her know the services available to her through Medicaid and through The Park. The next day, a nurse came by, and that week physical and occupational therapy began. The Park arranged it all.

Mom mother had a minor fall a couple of days before she moved into The Park almost a year ago. When she moved into The Park a few days later, The Park arranged for Xrays to be done there in her room so my mom didn't have to travel. Recently, her doctor sent The Park nurse an order for routine blood tests. The Park will arrange to have the blood tests done onsite. This is an enormous convenience, as it is difficult for my mother to travel.

The food is wonderful. My mom and I had dinner every evening in the dining hall and I looked forward to it. It's obvious that great care is taken in the choices of foods and preparation of meals. The chef is friendly and open to suggestions, though to me, it was perfect, delicious.

There is entertainment after evening meals at least 3 times a week, usually singers who sing songs familiar to my mom's generation, my generation (I'm 67), and a few surprises. I sat with my mom and watched many performances.

There are bingo games, which my mom likes, and evening movies regularly. People have organized mah jongg groups and card games. A resident can participate as much or as little as they want in the many activities. They can be social or stay in their rooms and be alone. There is no social pressure to participate.

There is a Park bus that goes to many places that residents would be interested in, even doctors' offices. And the bus driver is exactly what you'd hope for: he makes sure the residents board the bus safely and get off the bus safely. He's a good natured guy who takes his job seriously.

There's a maintenance staff available 24 hours a day, which is important in case unexpected events happen, a clogged drain, a spill that a resident can't handle alone, and even TV repair. The maintenance staff is friendly and generous with their time in getting jobs done.

My bottom line is that I feel that my mom is safe at The Park, and my mother does, too. She had several friends living at The Park, which made the transition a little easier. They all said good things about it so she was familiar with it before moving in. She had been living in the family home for 40 years. As I said, I am grateful that a place like this exists for her.

Great decor, dull meals, activities

I particularly like the decor; it was just refurbished, and it's beautiful.

The food is a bit dull; it could use more flavor and more variety.

We have trips outside to different places every couple of weeks, and live singers and movies.

I like the decor here, and the privacy. I can go to my room, or to the library.

Mixed results

The Park is now Brookdale. The food is great and the common areas are appealing. The services are good when they are provided on a consistent basis but this seems to be very difficult. Quite often the personal living people don't show up when they should and this causes frustration. I havent received the bill for this but I will have to go through it carefully as I don't want to pay for services not rendered.

The staff is mostly helpful and kind.

The community is kept so clean!! ever...

The community is kept so clean!! everyone who works their is beyond amazing.

Food could be a little better, considering the amount you pay monthly!!
My Mom beyond lover her apartment!!

Very nice, lay out seemed b...

Very nice, lay out seemed better suited for senior living. Very bright and the residents seemed engaged with each other and the staff.

Too independent for us.

Too independent for us.

Very nice/dark wood/glass e...

Very nice/dark wood/glass elevator, but NOT assisted living

Looked nice during our tour

We toured this place while looking into options for my loved one. It was a nice looking place, and everyone was friendly during the tour. This is a tower style community, which wasn't our preferred set-up. We were also more interested in a community with different levels of care so we wouldn't need to move him as his care advanced.

Bill Schneider was exceptio...

Bill Schneider was exceptionally nice. That alone was one of the several positive thoughts I had for picking the Park. The second thought was their acceptance of pets. I'm not sure of the prices and there are no balconies. I told Bill that I was not interested in the Park but after going to some other retirments, I am not going to totally dismiss the Park. It still has a chance. I give the Park 3 stars.

Dad Didn't Like the Location

We thought The Park at Golf Mill was really nice. It was more of a matter of location than anything that made use choose another place. My dad didn't want to be all the way out there. He wanted someplace where he would have easy access to public transportation and things to do and see within walking distance, so this was not the right place.

we took a tour of this faci...

we took a tour of this facility on Tuesday. We found the facility to be nice but it did not seem as clean as others. They were doing some renovations so that may account for some of it. The staff were nice. The facility was more like a hotel with the large atrium and for our needs anything over 5 or 6 stories may not be the thing for my father. He did like that large amount of storage and closet space, but did not like the fact that there were no laundry units within the living space and only common ones. I also think their fitness room need updating with more treadmill equipment. No enclosed parking was also a negative.

Very nice community but sec...

Very nice community but second to tamarack because of urban location and more ala carte costs for care. But very close second.

Visited with the Director on site. W...

Visited with the Director on site. Waiting list fot the apt. layout I liked. Not sure they will meet the needs I am looking at.

Nice facility and friendly seeming fo...

Nice facility and friendly seeming folks. Looks like there's a lot going on that my Dad could get involved in. Still not sure how much support he'll need and how that will figure in in the pricing.

Liked most everything here,but may be...

Liked most everything here,but may be too expensive.

Brookdale Niles is an independent living community in located Niles, Illinois. We are close enough to downtown Chicago to greatly benefit from and enjoy all of the activities, educational and cultural events the city has to offer, but far enough away to enjoy a relaxing lifestyle.

Our studio and one-bedroom apartments are beautifully designed to be both comfortable and to provide additional safety for seniors. Apartments come in six floor plans and include:

Full kitchens
Private bathrooms
Ample closets and storage space
Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
Wall-to-wall carpeting
Large windows

We feature many amenities that take us from ordinary to extraordinary, including:

Indoor swimming pool
Ten-story atrium
Private dining room for entertaining
Art studio
Grand piano
24-hour concierge
Resident greenhouse

Visitors to our community often comment on the friendly staff, wonderful aromas from the dining room and our bustling activity schedule. You will frequently find residents enjoying books in our library, playing the piano in the atrium, attending educational seminars or cheering on their favorite teams during our popular sports nights.
Pricing at Brookdale Niles