Brookdale Lewisville - Lewisville, TX

Brookdale Lewisville - Lewisville, TX has yet not published prices.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and I liked it. The staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. The rooms were on the smaller side. There was just a lot of people sitting around asking for help.

This is a smaller facility with a family feel to it. The rooms are smaller than my mom wants and the price is high for the little amount of space. If your loved one has dementia, this place has doors that are locked at all times and a staff member must let everyone in or out which is good for their safety. The staff was friendly, and I left informed after my tour.

Friendly people!

When I was searching for a good community for my mother, I came across Brookdale Lewisville. It was a good place to tour, the tour guide was friendly and able to answer any questions that I had. It was a good experience to tour, but I found another community that for my mother's needs a little better.

Not a bad tour

This community looked beautiful when we visited. The rates were good for just an apartment, however there are additional charges for any additional services required. I would say this community might be worth taking a look at.

Mom is loving it!!

My mom is absolutely loving her new living environment and has no complaints since she made the move. Its a great social environment for her and the residents have been so welcoming. She is participating in activities almost everyday and is staying busy which Is the most impressive thing to me. I have had a peace of mind since she moved in and would recommend this place to anyone.

This was a great place for assisted living. Small and home like. The staff seemed very engaged in the residents. However my Mom said it felt too much like a " nursing home" to her so we will be looking at independent living facilities.

A Community I Would Recommend

My father experience here at this community was a good one, but unfortunately he is going to need more care than they are able to provide. Overall it is a nice community. The staff is kind, and caring. This is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends.

Not A Memory Care

The community we toured was nice, I didn't see anything that was in any way bad. I was looking for a community specifically for Memory Care. Since this was not it, I ruled it out immediately.

Not a homey feel...

During my tour of the Brookdale, I noticed that the place seemed a lot like a nursing home. The rooms were very small. When we arrived, the tour guide was very friendly and handed us a packet of information. Everyone was very friendly but it was not a good for her.

Senior Care From Heaven

Our mother in law has moved into Brookdale Lewisville much against her will. She was very angry with us that we would do such a thing to her. The staff at Brookdale has been very understanding and caring with us as this has hurt us tremendously. They have also been wonderful with her as she is now starting to join the community and become accustomed to being there. It's because of the Brookdale staff that she is doing so well.

Thank you Linda, Shelley, Charles and the rest of the staff, whose names I don't know yet, for helping her and us get through this very difficult time.

A Nice Community, My Tour Went Well

This was a nice community, it was one of the place we were considering moving my mother too. From what I saw everything well maintained. The staff was kind and friendly. There were pretty informative and answered my questions. It was a little more expensive for our budget, but it is a lovely community.

Hope things get better

My parents have been at Brookdale Lewisville for almost a month now. It has been a struggle on our part to try and get issues with care and billing in order, of which is still an ongoing concern. We're doing what we can to help make this work as a place for my folks. I'm surprised A Place for Mom would have recommend this facility as an option, it makes me hesitate to consider other options they may recommend.

Suggest taking a look at

The staff are very friendly and go above and beyond to be helpful. They seem to really care that my loved one would be happy at Brookdale and feel at home.

They seem to be doing just fine.

They seem to be doing just fine. They are really responsive to anything that comes up. I have eaten there and the food is fine, and mom really likes the desserts. I don't have any complaints, I would rate them highly.

Outstanding Staff

No matter what time you go there or call, they are always helpful or understanding. They never pass you on to the next person or make light of what your call is about. When I had concerns, the head nurse sat down with me for a half hour and addressed them all. All wonderful, caring and understanding staff who definitely know how to deal with dementia patients. Just fantastic. They do BINGO, exercises, people come in to do musical performances, church services, and a balloon toss thing. I have seen almost all of those activities every day. I wish my mother would participate more. I walked by one day and they were doing Wii bowling. I wanted to do that! They are taking her back after rehab, even though I don't believe that they would admit her now as a new resident. They are great at motivating her to bathe and take care of herself in a way that other places aren't able to do.

Doing a great job so far

We're very happy with how they're doing with Mom so far! It's a nice looking place, with a very warm and friendly atmosphere. The staff are very friendly, and encourage the residents to stay active and involved by participating in the activities. They're also very good about communication and feedback, they give me a call to update me on how she is doing to keep me informed of any situations.

This is a great facility bu...

This is a great facility but it does not have a memory care area. Linda McLaughlin is fantastic. My concern with this location is that my mother would be left alone in her room.

Older Building

It was and older building. There was nothing wrong with Sterling House but I just sort of gravitated to the newer places.

Was more expensive

They were all very similar, you just didn't get as much for your money here. My mother didn't get as much square footage but the service, the cleanliness was all pretty much the same. When you go from a 4 bedroom almost 2000 square foot home to a 300 square foot one it's really hard.

So far so good

They're way friendly, my mom doesn't need a lot of care care, they just hand her her pills everyday. She does the exercising, she likes it. I feel the value is good for her, this is her second month so it's relatively new. It was real homey, more like a home atmosphere than a nursing home atmosphere. That was the main thing and she can keep her independence. She has dementia so she's making new friends everyday and she's happy.

Nice place. 42 residents. All seeme...

Nice place. 42 residents. All seemed to be more independent than Mom. Not sure they can handle Mom's level of care, though the Director says they can. Further distance than we would like.

This is a BEAUTIFUL facility with ton...

This is a BEAUTIFUL facility with tons of social areas and is very well appointed. The staff was lovely too.

This was a really sweet community. Lo...

This was a really sweet community. Loved the staff and residents. A little small? The rooms were just too cramped. Could be a fit because it felt homey. Will somehow accommodate bridge group.