Brookdale Harbison - Columbia, SC

Brookdale Harbison - Columbia, SC has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Harbison - Columbia, SC

No one around, no one monitoring residents sitting in chairs. Some were sling out of their seats. Place stunk of urine.

Starting To Settle In

My father is starting to do better now since he has been settling in. The community is a little smaller than others we had looked at which I think helps my dad. He is starting to play bingo. He enjoys having meals with the other men in the community he raves about how good the food is. The staff is very friendly very nice and attentive to the residents. I would recommend this community

A tour for care for dad

I toured this community for care for my father. I liked the staff who were nice and helpful. I liked that they were able to answer the questions on the care that is available. The community was clean and the menu looked appealing. They do offer activities for the residents. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

5 Stars

My mother is doing very well here at this community. I'am pleased with her move to this community. I would give the highest rating in everything. Everything is working out very well.

Love the care!!!

Great care, love the staff!

Great Care

This facility is great, the staff really helped my mom get settled in . The food is great

Need Improvements With The Cleanliness

I would not recommend this community to anyone. The appearance of this community needs major improvements. The two rooms they showed me had junk in it, it wasn't ready for someone to move in. The sales people were very nice and kind. I would suggest major improvements with the cleanliness of this community.

The place to Live!

I love this place for my parents, they are very friendly and courteous. I love that the whole management team works together to sole problems.

A Place for Mom

I found Harbison Brookdale to be a very nice facility. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend it as a facility you should consider when looking for a place for Mom.

new place

My mom has not been there long but I think it's a good place. It is a 100% friendlier than the other place she came from. She doesn't do too many activities.

A positive experience so far

The main thing I liked was the overall friendlyness of all the staff members that I have met so far. Was very important to act quickly,keep parents together and meet the special needs of Mom. I contacted other places but Sterling House Harbison was so very quick to meet all the needs and had both parents moved in in less than 2 weeks. The staff is so nice and treats the whole family as if we were their own family. Pets are welcome, and i can visit whenever i wish. The only draw backs so far are the inability to accomodate the transfer of cable/phone services properly which comes from administration. Also, the bathroom floor can easily stay wey from showers which is a fall hazard. Mom has fallen twice but not injured. I think staff could encourage more activity for Mom who has dementia and so needs social interaction

Really like place. Parents ...

Really like place. Parents may be interested to visit.

I was very happy with the room choice...

I was very happy with the room choices. Other facilities have more activities. My brother looked and liked Sterling house better than anywhere else also. Friendly people. Nice facility.

Brookdale Harbison is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected