Brookdale Shelby - Shelby, NC

Brookdale Shelby - Shelby, NC has yet not published prices.

Great place for mom

I chose this place because my mom is still very independent and lively. And I thought she'd thrive here. It is always clean and kept up and even updating areas of the community. They have a very nice and caring staff. The director [Removed] is so amazing. My moms mindset has improved so much since she got here. She always gets involved with the garden area and they took her to the greenhouse to help them one day. And she does exercises they say they can't keep up with her.
The food is tasty. The grounds are well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Very Kind Community

This is a lovely community and I really enjoyed my tour. Everybody was welcoming. My tour guide was very kind and helpful. She was informative and answered my questions. The staff was kind and courteous. They offer nice activities. I saw one of the menus and they have a good selection of food to choose from. It was a very pleasant tour, this is a nice community.

Disappointed

I find this faclity highly over rated. Management lacks involvement with residences. Very little attention to residents by management. Very little structure. Meals are not very well planned for the elderly. Extremelly spicy even alternate. Example: chicken livers and onions or polish sausages and baked beans!!!! Not to good for those
Sensitive digestive systems. Apartments are extremlely high compared to competition and any extra service has additional charges which are included at most facillities. Residents get very little attention unless addional charges
Are added to your bill. Very disappointed! Assistants work very hard and do all they can with the little time they have. Weekends lack management supervision as does evenings during the week. I have been in supervision for 25 plus years and I see a lack of at this facility. I will be moving my loved one as soon as possible.

Brookdale Shelby is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected