We found a place for mom.

They were very helpful with information and identifying needs as we searched for a place for my mother. We have moved mom in and things are going well.

A Good Community

The care and experience is all well for my mom. She seems happy. The apartment she has is comfortable and just the right size for her.

Wonderful People at This Community

Everything is working out pretty well for my mother here at this community. I really like the staff. They have bent over back wards for us. They are very helpful, and kind. It is a very well-kept community. They do a very good job with the keeping everything neat,and tidy. I know she is being provided with great care overall. This is a wonderful community, and I would highly recommend it.

Nice facility and even nicer people!

We are very satisfied with the community!!!

They offer all kinds of activities including exercise classes and field trips. The staff are very nice, help with our questions we have good communication and they are very accommodating. The food is really good and they offer dessert with every meal. The community looks nice and is kept very clean.

Best place

I don't know why people would review this place so badly. I have a loved one that lives here, the management has been stable, in fact, it is WAY better than the place down the road that is a national corporation. They have made significant changes from the time I toured 2 years ago. Everyone is always friendly, staff has been there over 6 months now, and you can see how happy and well taken care of every person who lives there is. Don't pay attention to old reviews because that does not reflect how things are now.

Wonderful experance!

Mom really moved in very well. She was warmly accepted by the staff and resident from the very first day.

She joined in with the residents as if she had known them for a long time.

Having her own things there when she arrived in her apartment was very comforting. A few adjustment to placing her personal items and she was fine, and at home.

The staff has been wonderful, kind, smiles on their faces, and laughter. Always helpful without a complaint. We have never seen a negative word out of anyone. How wonderful!

Thank you so much.

Wish I had Listened

This place changes management faster than it changes the depends of their residents. There must be a lot going on behind the scenes to have lost so many good employees. The rates keep going up without seeing any changes of quality. Service is unpredictable, you never know if you're going to get it or not. I wish I had listened to the reviews here before I moved dad in. I thought, maybe my experience will be different - well it wasn't. Save your time and get more for your money anywhere else. This area is full of competition - stay away from Vista Springs.

Disappointing

My uncle lived here until his death. Whenever I came in, I dreaded seeing the state of things there. Although friendly, the aides don't know what they are doing and passing strong medications with little oversight from management. Several occasions, I came in to find him soiled and it appeared he hadnt been checked on for quite some time. His room was supposed to be cleaned weekly but it always looked sloppy. For the money we were paying, there shouldn't be dirty dishes in the sink, dirty depends in the trash, or laundry laying around. It seemed like they were operating very understaffed. Whenever I would ask questions about his care or apartment, I was treated like how dare I ask questions? Our family was quite desperate to find a place for him, so we moved before doing enough research. Don't make the same mistakes I did.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this place!

My Aunt has lived here for 3 months so far and we've had nothing but problems. I have to stay on the staff constantly to make sure things are done right. There is no communication between any of the aides and nurses. Things that should be in her chart mysteriously disappear and no one seems to know what's going on. They are supposed to provide cleaning services but her apartment is always a mess. There is almost always a basket full of clothes that need to be put away lying around even though this is something that they are supposed to do. Before my Aunt even moved in, they promised a brand new bathroom that wasn't done until a week after her lease was signed. This brand new bathroom is equipped with a walk in shower with a terrible draining system. They have to line the side of the shower with her towels just so the entire bathroom doesn't flood. They have aides administering prescription medicines that have no idea what they are doing. On one occasion an aide came in to give her insulin and had no idea what kind she was even on. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place right now because she's 90 years old and I'd hate to move her again. Save yourself the trouble and don't bring your loved one here!

Bad Experience

My mom lived here for a couple years before I moved her. She was so depressed living here. The facility is in the midst of construction and the dining room is so cold that they have served meals in their rooms for months. There are no activities going on. My mom felt like she was locked up like a prisoner in her room. They make lots of promises, anything to get you in the door. Nothing here is what it seems. My advice to families looking for a place for their parent is to keep looking - there are lots of places in Lansing. The management is a joke. They tell you blatant lies to try to keep you there. This facility is unlicensed, which means they can get away with doing these things. None of this would fly in a licensed facility. Their tag line is "full of life"... It should be "full of lies".

Bed Bugs

This community used to be much better when it was Edgewood Retirement Center. Now there has been a large turnover in management and the place is a mess. Construction work that is never-ending. Burned out and underpaid care staff. Unhealthy processed food. Bed bugs are rampant in this community. I would never let a loved one live here. There is a reason their prices are much lower than the competition. Stay away!

Wonderful VISTA SPRINGS!

Vista Springs is WONDERFUL! While I am not the resident, my sister and her husband have said many times, that "this is the best thing that could happen to us". She also says "that Vista Springs has to be the best facility for seniors in the state of Michigan." My personal experiences in making contact with Vista Springs through "A Place for Mom" have been wonderful as well. Your staff is more than helpful, courteous, and engaging--They are Marvelously Wonderful!!
Thanks you again for being there.