Brookdale Centennial Park - Englewood, OH

Brookdale Centennial Park - Englewood, OH has yet not published prices.

Very impressed with the facility and have it rated as our number one pick thus far. We are looking to tour at least two more sites.

Very loving staff

All the staff is very nice. They are very nice to my parents and they treat them very well. We visit often and at first, I thought the staff was friendlier to them because of that. Some of the residents do not have family that visits and the staff is loving and compassionate towards them as well. Everyone from the housekeeping to the activities staff is very sweet.

It is Going As Good As It Can Be

my dad is doing fine in this community. He has a nice apartment. You walk in to an area with the TV and a kitchenette. His room has a bathroom, I think it looks comfortable. He is enjoying the pizza parties and popcorn events. The meals they make are fine for my dad and recently they had a lock down to not let the flu get more residents. We are pretty satisfied with the community.

Review of Brookdale Centennial Park - Englewood, OH

Great place great folks. One of our top choices. Ultimately the reason we chose another facility was location and convenience for family and friends.

Sterling House is Excellent

I have been very happy with all of the aspects of Sterling House. My father can be very stubborn, though, and the aids sometimes want to take him at his word about 'not' being able to walk. He can get up better than what he lets on. It was a problem at the beginning, but not as much anymore.
Everyone is very friendly and the care is exceptional. I was visiting every day at first to make sure things were going okay. I am now comfortable enough to not feel I have to be there every single day. He has settled in very nicely.

We liked the people, and the price.

We recently moved our loved one into the Sterling House of Englewood. I would rate it a four or a five. We liked the people, and the price. The staff was friendly, and we heard the meals were good.

Not staying

This is not a good place for anyone who wants to live independently or close to it. Many have memory problems.

The staff is excellent though. It just wasn't a good fit for my loved one.

Not impressed by what we saw

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Overall I was not impressed by what I saw here. It just felt like a nursing home. It had a noticeable odor, and the residents just all seemed to be on the higher end of the care spectrum, and just didn't seem social or happy. Based on my first impressions it wasn't somewhere I would recommend.

Nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. We liked this one quite a bit! It was a nice looking community, the staff all seemed friendly, and it looked like they had a lot to provide for their residents.

I was never happy with it,

I was never happy with it, but mom chose it, and wanted to stay there. They knew what her medical issues were but even as we went along, they assured us that if we paid more money they would be able to take care of here. They called me on the phone and let me know that way that we would have to move. The staff was not good with her. Mom would call us and we would tell her to pull the cord, and one time she was having trouble breathing and it took them 15 minutes to respond. I was on the phone with her, and after ten minutes I had to call them and tell them I was on the phone and to go check on her. They weren't very compassionate. They do not clean, even though you are paying for cleaning. In the three years she was there they didn't clean under the bed, or behind the couch. She would always have very heavy spots on her clothing even though we were paying them to monitor her clothing and dressing, she would always have dirty clothes. I would not place my mom back there. We had complained numerous times. I never went and saw things clean.

Very cart nice, limited me...

Very cart nice, limited medicade..ala cart prices

Not what it appears

My mother has been in this community over a year now. It started out great and then they started having management problems. They have had several Executive Directors in the past year and I have noticed that my mother's care has dropped tremendously. My mother has Dementia and cannot remember things. Her bathroom has been a mess recently and things don't seem to be getting any better. Better take a good look at all facilities in the area before coming here.

Nice visit, good floor plan...

Nice visit, good floor plan not 24/7 nursing pet friendly good! small good friendly, outgoing staff

visited...fell in love with this place

visited...fell in love with this place

Very nice. Very intimate. Not sure ...

Very nice. Very intimate. Not sure it would meet his tastes. The rooms are small.

Brookdale Centennial Park is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs. Special Features- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility - Emergency response system in each resident’s room - Resident assistance center enables caregivers to provide necessary services with privacy and dignity - Holistic approach; specific staff are responsible for assisting with all aspects of an individual’s needs - Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths - Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected