Brookdale Carrollton - Carrollton, GA

Brookdale Carrollton - Carrollton, GA has yet not published prices.

Not very satisfied

I was looking for a place to bring my mother to be closer to me as she was aging. My sister and I sat with the Marketing/Sales rep at Brookdale and then met with the financial director and the Director of the facility. They all made us feel so comfortable and that their top priority was caring for our loved one and that we would be a "family". They said all the right things and seemed so sincere.

Once my mother moved in I don't feel we received all the "touchy feely" care they promised us and boasted about while they were taking our deposit and paperwork. Overall they were not friendly. There were a few people here and there that were nice, [name removed], [name removed], a few nurses and the wait staff in the dining room. I gave a low score for cleanliness because there was a moldy smell in the hallway outside my mothers apartment that was concerning.

My mother lived there 2 weeks and they did nothing to introduce her to other residents or get her engaged in any way. I had to call the Director broken hearted that my mother was just sitting in her room daily with no engagement at all. I was giving her time to adjust and thought the staff would help. It was only then that they assigned an Ambassador to her to help her get acclimated. But even with that they did not encourage socializing.

I was very involved in my mothers care visiting her 3-4 times a week. Many times I would come through the building and wouldn't see a single staff person.
The only staff person who called my mother by name and made any effort to make her feel welcomed and comfortable was [name removed]. He made it a point to make sure my mother would eat and eat well. He is a true chef and the food is very delicious and well suited for senior adults.

Two and a half months into her stay my mother became ill on a Wednesday morning and the nurse called me to come to her apartment. They knew and suggested that I take her to the emergency room. She was admitted to the hospital and was there 5 nights when I finally went back to Brookdale to file the papers for mother to move out and to start cleaning her apartment. NOT ONCE during those 6 days did they contact me by phone to see how my mother was doing. They didn't even miss her. Someone had to know she wasn't there because she was administered medicine daily from them.

My mother passed away a few days later and I informed the front desk person because none of the leadership staff was available. It has been one month and they NEVER called me to give condolences or send a card. The "family like" atmosphere they sold us on our initial visit is not what we received.

If you are okay with no contact with the staff and walking through the building and rarely seeing a staff member then this is your place. If you want to be involved in the care of your loved one and want the communication between staff and you then this is not your place.

Very impressed. Staff was informative and helpful. Location was well kept and clean. All personnel was friendly.

The director toured us around and in general we liked the layout although the rooms were a bit small for my dad's liking. Since he lives in the area he new several of the residents which I felt was a plus. The head chef is who initially greeted us and we felt very welcome. In fact all of the staff was gracious and accommodating of the large group. The facility was clean and well maintained. My father was the decision maker and he opted for a different facility.

Best care for mom

I am happy with the care here for my mom. The staff has been so very helpful in other resources to care for mom.The community is always clean and maintain. We like that she is liking the menu and happy with being able to participate in the many activities. We would really inform others for the care that is offered for a good value for a loved one.

Brookdale Carrollton - Carrollton, GA

I just rec'd notice that my rent will increase $196.00 per month, to $3,923.00. This will be a hardship for some of us. We are especially un-happy with the food; It gets worse & worse, I can't tell you how bad it is. They are constantly short of help & the servers do the best they can. There is a thief in our midst, [Removed]. Ran out of room, but you will hear from more of us.

My time spent here has been, 4 years plus, & is, so gracious & cheerful, very friendly. As a child my dream was mission work – god has blessed me with this desire. Elderly ones, some so happy, some needing encouraging. Food here delicious, 24hr care, ambulance service if needed, bus to church Sundays. Nurses who could ask for anything more!

The staff are always happy to see us!!!

The community is very clean and a healthy environment. The food is very good and they offer good healthy choices. My mom does participate in a few of the activities offered. I would recommend Brookdale Carrollton.

Brookdale Carrollton gets my recommendation!!!

My aunt has been at Brookdale Carrollton for about a month and unfortunately her health is declining. This is not due to the environment or the staff as the staff are very nice and helpful. The community is clean and well maintained. She does not participate in any of the activities offered. The food is good and they offer a huge variety.

Review of Brookdale Carrollton - Carrollton, GA

Wonderful atmosphere! Clean lively happy community. Seems to have plenty going on to stimulate the mind or peace and quiet in your own space. The eating plan is great since food is available throughout the day. My first choice

Food Is Good

Well I would have to say that I really do like the cafeteria at the Brookdale Carrollton. I am impressed with the food and with the meals and also with the way that the staff members serve it over there.

Five-Stars

The billing at Brookdale Carrollton is inconsistent. I think that it might be a corporate office kind of issue though. I want to say that all the staff members really care about the residents that are living there.

Happiness everywhere

Every time we visited we saw happy residents. Anytime you pass any of the residents they are happy, waving and chatting. It has been an almost seamless transition. All the staff can pretty much tell you who is where and what they are doing, just off the top of their head. The staff is very low key, taking care of business and keeping everybody happy. There are a lot of caregivers who generally stay on top of things.

They were hands down above the rest in my community taking into consideration room size, activities and dining. The dining room was what sold my family member on the move. She loves not cooking and having family join her. We can spend the night with her whenever we wish which is fortunate because we have family out of state.

I feel the administration was fair on their up-front discussion of costs. We were given possible and may-be situations which was helpful on our final decision but they nailed down the costs when we got down to business. We were told if there were additional needs what the costs involved with them would most-likely be. We haven't been surprised yet.

She has been sick and she has fallen and they were quick to respond and call us. We are fortunate to live 5 minutes away.

My sister LOVES her new home!

I moved my sister into Horizon Bay 8 months ago and could not be more pleased. There are many activities from which she can choose each day.
The facility is now going through a complete renovation and it is going to be even more beautiful than before. I loved the appearance before but colors had become a little outdated and they are quick to make those necessary changes. New carpet, new furniture and NO wallpaper!
The staff goes out of their way to make sure that my sister is happy and has anything that she may need. If she's not feeling well they bring her meals in until she feels like going to the dining room again.
The food is absolutely OUTSTANDING!!! There is an extensive menu to select from for every meal and she can eat anytime she wants to from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.!
I highly recommend Horizon Bay to anyone looking for a home away from home for their loved one.

The Perfect Place

Just last week we moved my sister into Horizon Bay in Carrollton, Georgia. I could not be more pleased. Each person on the staff has gone out of their way to make sure that my sister feels at home and has everything she could possibly need. The facility is spotless - you can't believe that even the stairwells "sparkle". The food is fantastic as well with eight or nine entrees from which to select. I thought "anytime dining" was only for cruise ships but I was wrong! Horizon Bay has it now! One of the best features is how happy and friendly the residents are and how welcoming they have each been to my sister and to my husband and I as well. That alone tells me how happy they are to be living at Horizon Bay. In fact, we've already told our children, this is where we'd like to live when our time comes. There are so many activities that we couldn't get bored. Many of the residents have their cars parked outside and it truly is a retirement home for them - they don't need assistance yet, they just love the lifestyle there.

Includes everything except telephone;...

Includes everything except telephone; Anytime Dining; Family Dining Room by reservation; library, activities; transportation; courtesy calls daily; covered front porches with level sidewalk throughout and walking paths with sitting areas; flower and vegetable gardening plots; Help with VA; Lease month to month - 30 day notice to leave;

Brookdale Carrollton is an assisted living community in Carrollton, Georgia. Home to the University of West Georgia in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Carrollton boasts a strong sense of community, with endless recreational and cultural opportunities. Our residents enjoy all that our beautiful city has to offer, along with local attractions including the Southeastern Quilt and Textile Museum, the Carrollton Cultural Arts Center and Little Tallapoosa Park.

Brookdale Carrollton sits on impressive landscaped grounds less than 50 miles outside of Atlanta. Our gardens and courtyards are meticulously maintained for the enjoyment of our residents. We offer plenty of common areas for entertaining and socializing, and our residents enjoy their spacious and welcoming apartment style homes, which include a kitchenette, a walk-in shower and a 24 hour emergency call system.

We offer award-winning and life enriching programs, along with activities designed around the interests and abilities of each resident. We strive to provide a comfortable lifestyle by managing all housekeeping and other convenient services, ideal for a relaxing and rewarding retirement.

Services offered by Brookdale Carrollton include:

Ample resident and guest parking
Private dining room for special occasions
Pet-friendly living
An on-site library
Paved walking paths and a breathtaking garden
Delicious and nutritious meals
On-site laundry rooms
On-site beauty salon and barber shop

At the heart of our community is the quality of care our loving staff provides. We treat our residents like family, and hire individuals with a passion for senior care, who possess friendly and compassionate demeanors.

To learn more about our care and what makes our community so special, call today to schedule a tour.