Benton House of Newnan Lakes - Newnan, GA

Benton House was a very nice facility with spacious accommodations and all the support facilities I expected to find. The drawback was the requirement than hospice care could not be continued to the end of life at this facility. They required the patient be moved to a nursing home if they become unable to ambulate on their own. That provision defeats the whole purpose in spending the extra money to provide a high quality of life for the terminally ill patient to the end of life.

Excellent facility with the support that we need for both Mom and Dad. Thanks for all your help!

Great Day Care

We've used Benton House for day care opportunities for our Dad, who has dementia. It is a lovely, safe place for him on days that we are unable to care for him. He enjoys his visits and sometimes doesn't want to leave when we arrive to take him home.

Was very nice and clean the staff was great. We have decided to use this one for daycare for our Uncle.

Just to far!

We were able to take a tour of this property and it was very nice. The people were very accommodating and they answered all my questions. Nothing was wrong with the community it just was to far for us to travel.

Everything Is Working Out Pretty Well

So far it has been a good experience for my father. His health has been up and down, but I know he is in good hands here. They have very good staff here, they have been very helpful and responsive. I like the fact there are many activities available for the residents to choose from. The meals are decent, and they have a nice variety of choices to choose from. I know he is safe and being cared for well here. I would recommend this community, it has worked out great for us.

Mom's Respite Stay

Benton House is an awesome home away from home! Our Mom was there for a week to visit while we had some time with our Grandchildren. Mom was nervous about the change to her routine but the Team at Benton House made her welcome and helped her to fit in to the "family".
The whole management staff made the transition much easier than we had even hoped and when Mom is ready for a permanent move Benton House would be our FIRST CHOICE!!!

Thank you for all you do!

This was for a 1 week Respite stay

The Team at Benton House were awesome! They were helpful and understood our needs. Benton House is very nice, clean, & bright (lots of sunshine!)

Temporary Help

My Great Aunt was using services from this agency for just a short time. I did like how they did care for my great-aunt but she was just not ready to stay in a community with other residents. I look forward to the help from A Place For Mom.

Review of Benton House of Newnan Lakes - Newnan, GA

Sharon was great in showing me what Benton House provides. Probably one of the better assisted living communities I have seen. We chose another location only because of what my parents could afford

Review of Benton House of Newnan Lakes - Newnan, GA

I toured here it was very nice but the halls were so long and I felt it would be hard for my husband to manipulate in his condition. It was a bit more than I wanted to pay because I am financing this personally

Great Activities Director

Things are up and down with my mother she still adjusting with the move into the community, but that is expected. There is a transition going on at the community with the management, so we are just waiting to see what comes next. The staff has been great and helpful to my mother I would say the activities director here is amazing she always something planned for the residents to do. They do have a few good cooks here and the food that I've sampled was pretty good. I would recommend this community to someone but I would just say to anyone considering senior living to not expect everything to be perfect all places have their ups and downs.

Very Well Kept Community

I am very pleased with my father's move into The Benton House it is truly a wonderful place to be. The main selling point to me was the way the community looks and it looks amazing and very well kept and super clean. It is a brand new facility so the rooms are new and the areas around the place looks great. My only concern is that I wished the staff would communicate more with me regarding my father's progress and how he is doing, but other then that they are friendly and helpful in other ways. He is starting participate in the activities they offer and has made some friends my father is younger then the other residents around the community so finding friends he can relate to can be a little difficult for him here. Food is pretty good and tasty and they do have wide variety of food available. This was by far the best community I could had chosen for my father I very pleased with all that they have done for us.

Mom is happy here!

When the need arose to relocate Mom to a facility near me, I was directed to consider The Benton House at Newnan Lakes in Newnan GA. I dropped in to check it out and was greated by Ginger. She listened to my needs, gave me a tour including several residents rooms and came up with an affordable plan. I found the facility to be clean and well staffed with lots of services. There was a vacancy and I immediately started the process to bring Mom to The Benton House. Kathy and Phyllis were terrific in expediting the process. Mom is settled now and happy with her new home. She is actually overwhelmed with the aray of activities available and has become more mobile.

It was clean and the staff was friendly.

I toured here when I was looking for options. It was clean and the staff was friendly. All the places we looked at were pretty comparable, and it ultimately came down to location.

It was a very accommodating, short term stay.

Not very happy

I'm not happy about the fact that my husband got a bad cut on the palm of his hand and they could not tell me how he got it. I just think when someone gets hurt, they should be able to explain what happened and quite possibly provide better care/supervision.

Benton House

Benton House is so very sorry to hear about the situation with your husband and we encourage you to contact our Home Office at [removed] so we can learn more and assist further. Benton House values all feedback from our residents and their family members. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
- Benton House

Benton House

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and for visiting with our home office. Rest assured we are reviewing your concerns. We are truly sorry your experience was less than satisfactory and wish you and your husband only the best in the future.

BH Needs Improvement

I've had my mother here for a year and saw fantastic care when Jennifer Miranda was the director. She saw the value of each patient and accommodated their individual needs. The following director (H.W.) was very impersonal and corporate minded who stayed in her office a lot. I often saw her assistant stay in their office constantly and not make rounds checking on staff & personnel. Cleanliness is in dire need with constant reminders needed to clean the room, put sheets on the bed, take dirty laundry down, clean the kitchen area, etc.

Being wheelchair bound my mother really does need the assistance which is not forthcoming and needs to asked for. Their medicine policy is extremely in dire need of auditing and correction. The company they use (Guardian/Moyes) is inconsistent in billing and delivery and has to be called frequently.

The food is fairly good for the clientele. Hopefully the new director will make some sweeping changes and monitor the staff better. Kudos to Mary (RN), Donna (who does it all), and Mary Mckool.

Benton House

Benton House of Newnan would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on what we are doing right and on the areas where we need to improve. Benton House is taking immediate steps to address these important concerns. Benton House values your comments and we would like to discuss more about your experience. Please contact our corporate office at: [removed] so we learn more. Thank you again for your time! – Benton House

Very nice place

They do a fantastic job at Benton House of Newnan. It really is a top of the line community. The facility itself is clean and well decorated, and they take great care of the people who live here. Unfortunately they also charge a premium price for the level of care that they provide, which is really the only downside to this place.

Terrible Care

Lisa & Donna have a chip on their shoulder. I visited my mother 2 weeks ago. The place wreaks of urine (my mother's unit does), and the staff is indifferent. Flowers meant for residents are not delivered promptly to the room. The staff (Donna) at the front reception desk keeps them at the front reception desk for 24 hours so they can enjoy the arrangement and to make it appear as though the property decorates the place for the Holidays, and only when we call do they deliver the arrangements. The excuse for not delivering the flowers (literally a 30 second walk from the desk) - they're too busy. Be sure to carefully check this place before placing your loved ones in this facility.

above and beyond

The staff at Benton House of Newnan Lakes really went above and beyond to make sure that all of our needs were met, and in a timely manner. We had to get my mother in law in quickly, and they were able to fulfill our needs. They treated us like family, not like a patient or customer.

My experience with Benton House has b...

My experience with Benton House has been wonderful. The staff is very caring and accommodating to my mom. The facility is extremely clean. The memory care area is very secure. They have really good meals, and lots of activities to offer. I receive pics regularly from staff with my mom participating in activities, which I enjoy. Overall, I'm very satisfied with Benton House.

Pleasant, friendly, and attentive facility.

My parents are happy with the quality and promptness of the care they receive. The staff is very friendly and competent. The Directors of the facility are outstanding in communicating with family and dealing with emergencies. The facility and rooms are nice and the outside setting is pretty. The meal schedule is a bit odd and sometimes the service is slow, so meals take a long time.

A beautiful place for your family.

Benton House is a gorgeous facility,. I like that outside activities are encouraged. The staff (Care and Office) is very caring and helpful. I liked that they were respectful of my dad and listened to him with full attention. The rooms are nice and big, and the common areas feel almost like a resort-it's that beautiful. My parents are no longer here, but that is not due in any way to this great facility. Benton House took good care of them.

Mostly Good, A Few Issues

It is a beautiful facility, and we chose because the facility was nice - nice and clean. I can't really complain. I see a couple of areas for improvement but other than that they have been gracious to us.
The improvement needed would be the nutrition. I don't know if it's the state guidelines, but the food is relatively common, it's not excellent. The meals are probably balanced, but it might be state guidelines but they are relatively bland and there's not a tremendous amount of food on the plate.
Also, there have been days when the staff has not checked on my mother during the day. She has a few issues and the're not in and out every two hours, although that may be at my mother's request. She sleeps a lot, and maybe they're coming and I just don't know it.

Very Happy

The staff at the Benton House of Newnan have been great. Anything you ask they do their best to help you.

Love the Staff

All on one level. Kitchenettes, walk...

All on one level. Kitchenettes, walk-in closets. Very nice common areas - baby grand piano. VIEW OF LAKE

Benton House was neat and clean excep...

Benton House was neat and clean except for one of the rooms that she showed where a person had just moved out. That room had an odor. The room that we would get was small. The entry was attractive as were the assembly rooms; however, it seemed a little small. There were so many infirmed people that I would not want to go there unless I too was infirmed or my husband was. I liked it being close to shopping, and the grounds seemed nice with the lake below.

Welcome to Benton House of Newnan Lakes! A beautiful community of warmth decorated with fine furnishings, stunning artwork and more often than not the scent of something delicious baking in the kitchen. A place where independence thrives but help is just a call away.

Benton House of Newnan residents enjoy a full community life! Our social event calendar includes exercise options, concerts, trips, religious services, cooking classes and more for our residents’ preference! We have a variety of apartment styles including patio models with a beautiful lake view. Residents bring their own furnishing and keepsakes so the apartments can truly be their own. Also, Benton House offers a full array of services including enjoyable meals, housekeeping and dignified personal assistance by a qualified staff. Benton House Communities value choice and dignity, providing a caring environment where friendships can flourish. When you’re here you’re home!