• hospice care assistance

Nice community

This is a very nice community and they really offer a lot of different amenities for their residents to take part in. The staff that did my tour did a really good job, they took their time, showed me all around and the answered all my question. The rooms were nice and I would definitely recommend scheduling an appt to check the community out.

Gary M Tallent

We strive to do the best! If we can ever help...please let us know...thank you.

Your choice should end here at Ashbrook.

My grandmother lived at Ashbrook for a little over two years. She recently passed and we are broken-hearted. I must tell you that she received the best care and love at Ashbrook--our family is grateful for the staff and Gary for making my grandmother feel like she was special, as she was to us. The nurses are caring and concerned for their charges--everyone is treated with respect. My grandmother was a tough customer--her cleanliness standards were very high--and met by the wonderful housekeeper employed by Gary. I met with my grandmother on several occasion during lunches and dinner. The food was perfect for her needs. I see no reason for complaint. My grandmother was picky and she ate everything--always! She only ever complained of having a sandwich once in a while, for lunch, and that's just personal preference on her part. I could write a novel filled with accolades about Gary and Ashbrook--but I will end with saying that even when a time came that many other homes would have turned her away for health reasons--Gary never did. He would do anything to keep your loved one out of a nursing home. Thank you to Gary--and to all of the exceptional staff at Ashbrook. We made the right choice--so lucky for my grandmother. She was blessed.

Gary M Tallent

Thank you for all the kind words...your mother was a blessing to us here at Ashbrook!

Great facility

I would give anything if Ashbrook Village had been here when I had to place my brother in an assisted living facility! Ashbrook Village is the cleanest, best-run facility in the area. The residents are well-cared for, mentally stimulated, and kept engaged. Gary has done a fabulous job.

Thank you for sharing!

Amazing!!

Wonderful place and wonderful care to my family! I feel blessed and safe that she is in good hands!! We are grateful to have such a wonderful place near us!

Gary M Tallent

Thank you...we strive to offer the very best we can!

Congratulations to the staff and the three Doctors that own this business, praying they can continue to borrow to keep it open!

Gary M Tallent

When you get good ratings! Sometimes people react in a way that they would normally not do so or this person that give this review could be a person that has a vendetta against me personally or Ashbrook. I can not see any family member of a resident of Ashbrook Village or any person that has been to Ashbrook...rating Ashbrook this way. We strive to give every resident the care and love that they deserve. Ashbrook has had a waiting list since 2010 and has not had to borrow monies to remain open...this just does not make sense! Ashbrook is owned by Gary Tallent and three doctors. I would be happy to sit down with this person and try resolve all issues.
Gary M Tallent

Really! "Best of the Best"

When I started the process of looking for an Assisted Living for my parents I visited many facilities and still was lost as what to do. Then I met Gary [removed] at Ashbrook, he had a great a wealth of experience that made everything so much simpler. My parent’s health and social activity improved so much after moving into Ashbrook. I could not be happier with the care of staff and employees. The cleanness is overwhelming!

Gary M Tallent

Thank you for the kind words...just so happy that we make a difference!

I'd highly recommend.

We are so thankful that we were introduced to Ashbrook Village when looking for a suitable Memory Care Facility.
The facility is extremely nice but the staff made us very comfortable with our choice. From bottom to top of their team, ALL were caring and showed wonderful compassion for my mother. It gave the family great peace in knowing that she was receiving the best of care! I'd highly recommend Ashbrook to anyone looking for a great place for their loved family member.

Gary M Tallent

Thank you...so glad to help with your mom!

Very Thankful for Ashbrook Village and Its Employees

I don't know what my sister and I would have done without Ashbrook Village. Our dad settled in quickly, and the staff has been nothing but fantastic to him. He's been paid attention to, and that makes him very happy. He's kept clean, and his room is always clean. He fell recently and had to have hip surgery. Ashbrook welcomed him back with open arms and has participated in getting him as close back to normal as he was before the accident. It's been a trying time, but they have made it so much easier. I could not ask for nicer people to take care of him and take care of our concerns. Gary Tallent and Barbara Henderson always have their door open for any concerns. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone that needs extra help with their loved ones. It's a warm environment and does "not" resemble a nursing home. In fact, it's quite a pleasant place to be.

Gary M Tallent

Thank you...your father is a joy to have at Ashbrook!

NOT EXACTLY AS STATED

I must say the menu and the food are not good and certainly not delicious as stated. We all talk about it to each other but have not told the management. There should be a suggestion box installed for good and bad reviews then the management would know how they are doing. Many of the residents have there own microwaves and refrigerators because they cannot eat the food served. Room cleaning is very limited, never seen any dusting and only vacs middle of floor. 24-hour trained staff under licensed nurse....What does trained mean???

Gary M Tallent

I will respond to the statement above. We have about seventy resident that eat our meals daily that about 2,100 plates of food per month! We have residents that don't like a certain foods and we try to offer a replacement. Their has been a drop box located in the managers office door for six years now for any comments. Please come visit Ashbrook Village and you will leave saying it is one of the cleanest Assisted Living that you have ever visited. "24-hour trained staff under licensed nurse....what does trained mean????" Simply means staff has been licensed and trained by the State of Georgia!

COO/Partner Ownership

Very Friendly

I like it a lot. They are very Friendly. I would recommend it. I can't rate the Care Services because I haven't experienced that as of yet.

Gary M Tallent

Thank you for the kind words! If we can ever assist you please let us know.

Awesome Place!

Love everything about Ashbrook Village.

Ashbrook Village #1

I recommend Ashbrook Village! The food is wonderful and the facility is kept very clean. Just as important the Ashbrook team is very friendly and takes very good care of my mother. They take time to engage my mother in conversation and fun activities. I couldn't believe it when they told me my mother was participating in the morning fitness class. They truly care about my mother and have become family.

Gary M Tallent

Thank you...we love your mom!

very friendly

The owner and the staff are all very open and very friendly, which is very much appreciated. Mom goes out of her way to tell me how nice the people are. Her room is well maintained, and it is a very comfortable environment. It does not have a nursing home atmosphere, but rather it feels like home.

One area for improvement would be to have more activities. Mom likes to get out and do things like gardening and such, and they do not have as much opportunity for her to do that sort of thing as I'd like.

Gary M Tallent

We strive to be the best! Thank you

My Experience

Overall impression was okay, however; after moving in, I did not realize I had to supply my own refrigerator. Secondly, I also found the walls are thin; as I received a complaint for using my washer from 8:00pm to about 10:00p.m. one evening. The good part is there is not a deposit, but there is a non-refundable $600.00 fee. Also, you can have pets without having to pay a fee. Awesome! One place I looked wanted to charge $50.00 per month for a pet! Bathroom toilet had and order I suppose from the blind man who previously lived in cottage prior to me moving in. Took me awhile to eliminate the smell.

Ashbrook Resident Review

All staff are very friendly and helpful and most of the residence.

Monthly rates are reasonable compared to other places I checked prior to moving to Ashbrook.

Thanks so much!

An amazing transition!

My mom had a lot of anxiety at first about moving into an independent living community. The transition to Ashbrook Village in Villa Rica, Ga, facilitated through the fabulous A Place for Mom crew, has been terrific. The staff have made every effort to provide a safe and supportive community for its seniors. It was so nice to hear mom say recently, "I would not have believed it, but I have not been happier in years!"

Angels Among Us

Thanks to a place for Mom we found the perfect place .Sharon Rice was more than helpful and I would say she is a co-worker with God doing the lords work . God bless you all.

Confirmed wiht Gary at 2pm

Confirmed wiht Gary at 2pm

Assisted Living/Memory Care (54 rooms) – Ashbrook Village meets the needs of a growing population of senior adults who may require some assistance, but do not need a skilled nursing facility. Our values are determined by our residents and family needs. Our success in supporting our residents depends on valuable input from you, your family and your physician. Our staff will evaluate your preference to develop a plan specifically for you. We cherish and honor our residents, their families and friends. We take pride in providing personal care assistance and we support and encourage the independence of our residents. With our safe living accommodations and 24 – hour access to staff, you can rest assured that you or your loved one is in good hands. Ashbrook Village’s assisted living/Memory Care options offer personalized assistance and supportive services in a community setting. It’s the perfect alternative for seniors who can no longer live on their own at home, yet don’t need 24 – hour, complex medical supervision. We are conveniently located ½ mile from Tanner Hospital in Villa Rica. Independent Living – Located on the same campus as our assisted living community, Ashbrook Village offers 42 apartments for senior adults who are independent in their daily living, yet may appreciate the option of choosing selective services. One or two-bedroom apartments are available. Residents will feel safe knowing their next door neighbor is just a step away.

Ashbrook Village is located in Villa Rica, GA, a charming town full of history and a golden past. Villa Rica is a great suburb of Atlanta for families.

- Population: This smaller town has a population of only around 15,200. The average age of residents is around 32 years old.
- Walkability: The walk score for the town is a 54. Downtown areas are easy to walk, but most errands will need a car.
- Weather: Residents can expect typical Southern weather with hot and humid summers with temps in the high 80s and mild winters with lows averaging 35 degrees.

Villa Rica was the site of the Georgia Gold Rush in 1826, and its Main Street Program provides financial resources to help Main Street small businesses survive.

Transportation

Residents of Ashbrook Village are invited to use the transportation provided onsite. If other transportation is necessary, taxi and rental options are available in surrounding towns, including

- Affordable Taxi
- Global Taxi
- A A Adex Taxi & Shuttle: Taxi cabs and shuttle service

Medical Services

Villa Rica has a large medical center and a children's hospital, plus variety of primary care providers as well. Not far away is the big city of Atlanta, home to many world-class medical facilities. Local medical facilities include:

- Tanner Medical Center: Emergency services and a network of providers for urgent and routine medical care
- Villa Rica Family Medicine: Primary care providers for routine medical care
- Grady Memorial Hospital: Full service acute medical facility in Atlanta

Sports & Leisure

Villa Rica offers seniors many services and programs. The Senior Center offers daily events and activities including exercise, games, and day trips. They even offer a senior dance three times per month.

Quite a few golf courses in the area are open the public. Some of the top picks are:

- The Frog Golf Club: 18-hole course designed by golf architect Tom Fazio, with a restaurant on site
- Fairfield Plantation Golf Club: 18-hole course for all skill levels
- West Pines Golf Club: 18-hole golf course, with practice areas and instruction

Those who wish to play or learn tennis can find facilities in town:

- West Georgia Tennis Club: A private club that offers seniors a discount
- Gold Dust Park: One of four town parks with tennis courts for use

Shopping

Local options include:

- Villa Crossing: A variety of popular stores and places to eat
- Another's Treasure & Antiques: Antique and thrift store
- Walmart Supercenter: Groceries, clothing, and everyday items

Options for grocery items range from usual grocery stores to organic markets.

- Bea's Produce: Fresh produce market
- Ingles Market: A grocery store
- Publix Supermarket: Chain grocery store
- Essential Clarity: Health food store

Restaurants

Residents can find chain restaurants that they love for a quick bite in this area. Some of the best are Popeye's, Arby's, and Sonic. There are a lot of choices for those who want a family style dinner.

- The Olive Tree: Italian favorites
- Trading Post Cafe: Southern favorites are served
- Johnny's New York Style Pizza: Family restaurant serving pizza, subs, and more

Entertainment

Residents can enjoy a movie or visit the library. For more entertainment options residents can travel to nearby Atlanta for many activities.

- Cinema Tavern Reel Sports Bar & Grill: A complete entertainment spot, with large screens showing movies and sports, and daily events such as poker and trivia. A full menu and cocktails are served.
- Regal Cinemas: Multiple screens showing the latest movies
- Villa Rica Public Library: full-service library with computers and events
- Pine Mountain Gold Museum: Learn about the 1826 gold rush. Pan for gold, learn the history of Villa Rica, and even take a ride on the scenic railroad.

Religious Services

Some of the closest churches to Ashbrook Village are:

- First Baptist Church Villa Rica
- First Presbyterian Church
- West Hills Baptist Church

Villa Rica, which has plenty of activities to keep residents moving, is a town that truly cares about their community!