Cottage Landing Senior Living - Carrollton, GA

My parennts loved the place. My mom keeps talking about how friendly the people was. [Name removed] invited us to the ice cream social tomorrow. [Name removed] was very knowledgeable.

Good "fresh air" smell

I toured this facility when I was trying to find a place for my mother-in-law and it was the nicest place I’ve gone. They have a lot of activities, and I don’t know all of them, but I do know they have bingo every evening at 6. There’s a whole list of things to do and I know that I, personally, wouldn’t mind living there. My interaction with the staff was limited but they seemed easy to talk to. [Removed], the lady that gave me the tour, was just learning everything when I met her so I think she has a little bit to go. The place is very clean, there’s a big porch with rockers outside, and it’s really the best I’ve seen. It wasn’t dark and didn’t smell musty; it had a good fresh air smell inside.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your review of our community and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Not a good fit

This is a great community if you are still independent or need some assistance. My mom has lived here for nearly 2 years, but she needs to be in a smaller setting with more of a one-on-one setting. They offer a lot of amenities for their residents and I would suggest scheduling a tour of this community. I have found a smaller residential home that is a better fit for my mom.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about our community; we appreciate your review of Cottage Landing Assisted Living! Our goal is to provide a five-star experience, so if there are specific areas of improvement that you feel would help us to achieve that goal, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with any additional input. We look forward to hearing from you.

My father chose this to be his preferred independent living option. The folks were friendly and the facility looked great. He like the one bedroom apartments.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your father has chosen to join our community!

We love it!

The staff here are really outstanding people. This is a way better place for mom then where she was. The staff take the time with mom and see how things are. They are very understanding as well. The food is very good and I love it as well. They have the best memory care department I have ever seen. I am very excited for mom.

Home Away From Home

When my mother's health and emotional well being began to deteriorate my family and I began the overwhelming process of finding her a new "home".We were all very dedicated to our loving mom and after visiting a few places where my sister and I shed tears we came upon Cottage Landing in Carrollton, Ga. As soon as we pulled into the drive and got out of our cars my sister and I looked at each other and said together, "This is it." The feeling we both got was that of a home away from home. From the first day my mom was there the staff fell in love with her and went out of their way to get to know her. They made her instantly feel welcome and that alleviated fear of the unknown not only for her but for my whole family. She passed away after only four months there and we all agree we wish she would have been able to spend more time there with such loving, caring staff.

I went in for a tour when searching for an apartment for my father. We were left standing in the entry (we had an appointment) for 15 minutes or so. A woman then arrived to speak to us but was totally disorganized and seemingly uninformed about the facilities. One iof the tenants sat in a television area alone with no one even speaking to her as we waited and wondered into the hall way. We did not complete the tour and left.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your honesty. We apologize for our lack of punctuality and our lack of professionalism. Cottage Landing strives to have a positive customer service experience. Please accept our sincere apologies and thank you for taking time to post your feedback about this experience. Respectfully, Brian Jackson, Executive Director.

Lots of activities offered!

Cottage Landing was a really new modern place. The common areas of the community were kept up nicely but the rooms lacked cleaning. The rooms needed attention to the dust, cobwebs, and floors. The community boasts a very nice open environment. The staff that offered the tour were very knowledgeable but they were not professionally or appropriately dressed for the community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your honest review and for taking the time with complete this review. I want to personally apologize to you and your family for your experience. We strive each day to be a professional community whom enriches the lives of our residents. I sincerely apologize you felt we did not meet those standards. Thank you again for your review. Brian Jackson, Executive Director.

My Parents Are Enjoying Themselves Here

My parents seem to have adjusted well to this community, they are enjoying themselves. It is a nice looking community, they keep their room and the community very well maintained. They have gotten involved in the community, they are trying some of the activities they offer. They are satisfied with the food, they do serve well balanced meals. I know they are receiving great care and is safe. This is a community I would recommend.

A Very Pretty Community

I feel this is a good community for someone that don't require a lot of care. My husband is doing pretty well here he is still adjusting to community. This is a nice community it looks very pretty very clean and the way the rooms are set up all the doors opens to the common area. My only issue has been with laundry service I had found my husband laundry not done many times.The staff is good I just don't think they are qualified to care for Alzheimer's patients but, they do have a great activities director. The food is good they serve a well balanced meal. This is a pretty nice community.

Review of Cottage Landing Senior Living - Carrollton, GA

I chose this place. It was very nice and everyone was friendly. The rooms were built around a LARGE area where everyone communes and does not feel alone. MY drawback is that he is very combative when you change him and he roams at night. They became very exasparated with him and mentioned I might want to look somewhere else. Since then it has become better but I need to look at other places if they decide not to keep him. I also do not think that the aids there have had enough training to cope with the more difficult patients

Give yourself peace of mind

My mother has been living at Cottage Landing for several years now and I've been very pleased. The staff is friendly and loving (even when she's not). She'll be moving to their Memory Care Unit tomorrow and that will be a big load off my shoulders. Even in Memory Care they've found a way to give her privacy and dignity.

When she's needed something and I can't be reached, they take of it themselves (diapers for example).

This place has been a Godsend. I suppose no place in perfect but I've had no complaints. I'm an RN and I feel very comfortable leaving my mother in their care.

Going just fine

We have already gotten settled in and gotten everything taken care of and so far, everything is going just fine. So far, we have not had any problems and thank you for helping us find a good fit for us.

Personal care during death of friends

Mother has lived here for a few years now. She continues to get personalized, professional attention. This was evident in the recent passing of one of her close friends. The staff and management understand the impact that death of a resident has on the others. Thanks for your care and concern.

Great home for my parents

My parents have lived at Cottage Landing for 9 months, and we have been very pleased. It has a clean, well-maintained, and inviting environment, with good meals and wide range of activities. Most importantly, its management and staff are what makes it so special. Brian, Denise, Brenda and so many others are good-hearted, caring people who work hard to make Cottage Landing a great place to live.

SLC Southeast

Thank you for your comments, Cottage Landing strives every day to be “ Best in Class” enriching the lives of our senior today and tomorrow.

Brian Jackson
Executive Director

Need More "One-on-One"

When my mother was in another nursing home they had her wear a Lapbuddy, which is a restraint to keep her from falling, and when we came to Cottage Landing she wasn't allowed to use it and she has fallen quiet a bit form her chair. They just need to be more one-on-one with their residents. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Cottage Landing Senior Living Carrollton, Ga.

The facilities couldn't be better. The staff is very friendly and caring about the residents and their families.

SLC Southeast

Thank you JMurphy, for taking time out of your busy day to recognize us for our commitment to delivering best-in-class service and care to our residents.

My mother began her journey at Cottage Landing by becoming a resident in the independent living facilities. The experience was wonderful. Due to very unfortunate health matters, we had to move to the assisted living facility where she spent her last days. Our experience was super! Bryan was most helpful in so many matters as well as his staff. I take great comfort in knowing that my mother's last days was spent at Cottage Landing. Her eight years of residency was a most pleasant one.

Cottage Landing is by far the best assisted-living facility. I walked in the first time and knew this was the place for my mom. What made a difference? Everything but mainly the people who work there. They are so caring & passionate. They treat everyone who lives there like it is their own parent, so much love. It is also very clean, beautiful interior, lovely dining hall. I was able to fix my mother's room up so cute,just like she wanted it. This place will become your second family. I love the staff, I love Cottage Landing.

SLC Southeast

Thank you very much for your review. Cottage Landing believes in having a caring team of dedicated professionals. We strive to be at the forefront of creating fulfilling lifestyles that enrich seniors’ lives, today and tomorrow. Thank you!

Cottage Landing has been a blessing in finding a caring and safe environment for my brother with developmental disabilities. The staff and community have have been wonderful in making him feel a part of the community. His quality of life is greatly enhanced since becoming a part of the community. Thank you Cottage Landing.

It has been all good

It has been all good. Every staff member has been friendly and nice. I am very satisfied with the Cottage Landing Assisted Living. My overall rating of this property is 5 stars. I rate the cleanliness 5 stars. I rate the friendliness 5 stars. I rate the value 5 stars. I rate the care services 4 stars because my loved one is in independent living so he does not have much contact with care givers. I rate the activities 4 stars.

Brand new memory care facility!

I couldn't happier with the staff there- so friendly! The memory care center is brand new, the food is excellent, the cleaning is excellent and done everyday, so great. They are hiring more staff, since they just opened but it's all been great so far.

SLC Southeast

Thank you for taking the time to recognize Cottage Landing’s commitment to delivering best-in-class service and care to our residents. We are extremely proud to offer care options to seniors in a friendly and home-like atmosphere. Feel free to reach out to me directly with any further comments you may have. Regards! Susan Nasser. [removed], [removed]

It was terrible!

It was terrible! It smelled like, I don't even know what the combination was, but it was bad. An alarm went off and the maintenance guy came over and flipped the button and didn't even check on it. We went into the church services and the people looked like they were strapped into their chairs slumped over, and didn't look happy and vibrant at all.

Susie Nasser

I am so sorry to hear about these details of your visit to Cottage Landing as that is certainly not how our community, staff or residents would like to be viewed. We strive to continually enrich the lives of our residents, families and visitors by caring for our Residents and making improvements to Cottage Landing daily. Although we only have one opportunity to make a great first impression, I personally invite you to visit us again and share your comments again. Thank you, Susie Nasser - Community Relations Manager

VERY NICE AND WELL MANAGED FACILITY.....

VERY NICE AND WELL MANAGED FACILITY..DIRECTOR WAS MOST HELPFUL WITH THE TOUR AND ANSWERING QUESTIONS..

Susie Nasser

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. I am glad to hear our staff was helpful and your experience was positive. Thank you, Susie Nasser - Community Relations Manager

Mom really likes the facilities and o...

Mom really likes the facilities and options. This will still allow her to be independent but give her the social opportunities she would enjoy.

Susie Nasser

Thank you for sharing your experience on this forum. Our care options certainly are of a wide range which enable Cottage Landing to enrich the lives of Seniors with diverse needs and interests. We believe "Everyone Deserves A Great Life"! Thank you again, Susie Nasser - Community Relations Manager

Cottage Landing is a warm, inviting retirement community offering seniors a variety of options to suit their individual circumstances and needs. New residents can initially select from among nine different spacious living arrangements depending upon the level of services they choose. If their needs change, they can opt for a new level of assistance to be sure they enjoy the space and personal care their changing lifestyle demands. All of Cottage Landing’s services are specifically tailored to individual care requirements.