Brookdale Briargate - Colorado Springs, CO

Brookdale Briargate - Colorado Springs, CO has yet not published prices.

A warm, welcoming environment where the residents seem happy and engaged. The staff is accommodating and encourage resident independence and activity. The menu and amenities suited my mother's needs. Rooms are on the small side and lighting might be an issue, but we are still considering the community.

Reminded Me of A College Dorm

I toured Brookdale, and did not like it. It reminded me of a college dorm. Rooms were small and furniture was minimal. There was also a lot of walking outside to get to the dining area, and I didn’t like the thought of my parents being too exposed to the elements. The facility is also older and seemed less clean than other communities I had visited.

Really good

Moved my mom in last year. It has been great, everyone is so friendly to my mother and they really care for her. The food is good The location is really great. Really quiet neighborhood in briargate. Really would recommend

A Tour with Big Help

I had helpful and friendly people giving me a tour and giving me useful resources. I felt they were fantastic people to work with. They were willing and always offering to help me find a good fit for my parents. It did not feel like a sales experience. In the end they did not have an availability for us.

Great Tour!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community. Everything went really well and the staff where very friendly during our visit. They made sure to give us lots of information in detail and take there time with our visit. It just ended up not being the right fit for my father.

Knowledgeable tour guide!

When I toured the Brookdale Brairgate, I thought it was a very nice facility. The place was clean and the tour guide was very friendly, she was able to answer any questions that I had.

Father's Care

I am happy with the care that my father is getting here from the friendly staff. The community is clean and well taken care of. He seems happy with the variety. They do offer him activities and might be involved more at a later time. We liked that this community was close for us to visit and the size of the community is what we were looking for. We do recommend this community for great care and value.

Good Care

his is a great community. the staff is wonderful. They need more activities if possible. The food appears to be good with a good variety. We would recommend this community to other families that want great care.

Staff Are Helping And Friendly

My husband is staying here at this place, which has been going pretty good. The staff are friendly and welcoming and allow me to call my husband anytime. The staff do their best to make my husband happy and entertained during his transition. I have ate with him and the food is tasty, fresh, portioned, and meet his diet needs. I have no worries and I am pleased with this happy community. I would recommend them.

Perfect For My Husband

Everything is going very well for my husband at this facility. It is a perfect fit for him. They are caring for him very well and I'am pleased. They keep the community very clean and nice looking. The staff is really great, they are very welcoming and helpful. There isn't many activities offered, but there are a few. The food is pretty good, he likes the meals. It is a locked and safe facility. This is a community I would recommend.

Highly Recommended-- Home-like atmosphere

The people who work there were a big selling point in relocating my uncle to this community. Lively and very caring, they treat you like family. Diverse community of mixed assisted living/Alzheimer's memory care, but everyone socializes and eats together so no separation due to degree of dementia. My uncle is still in early stages and needed more people he could still socialize with and activities that keep him involved. They have a "lunch bunch" activity that he enjoys so much and it's nice to see him get excited about something. The monthly speciality dinners that include family members are the best and the food is outstanding. There is always plenty of caring staff on duty on all shifts. They quickly inform of any problems. A huge improvement over the community we moved him from. So happy A Place for Mom sent me for a tour or I may have overlooked it.

Review of Brookdale Briargate - Colorado Springs, CO

Small facility but clean. 2 bed way too small no doors. Impressive staff and activities close to us

Disappointed

Very disappointed in Brook Dale briargate. What they put my elderly parent through was unconscionable. Yes I know all about the love they portray, but if your loved one has a big health issue or behavior issue this is the last place you would want your loved one to be. Moving my loved one here will always be my biggest regret.

Not that impressed

We found the building kind of old . Also there was an odor of feces. We chose another facility for our loved one.

Exceptionally Good

I can not think of anything they can improve on, but the training of the staff is exceptionally good. I have had experiences with some other facilities and none of them equal to what Brookdale can do, as far as the help and friendliness and quality of care.

needs improvement on activities

I think they try hard on the activities but they could improve. My mom said they were doing some flower arranging and the tool was not good. They could use better tools.

Brookdale Briargate

My Mom has only been at Brookdale Briargate for about two weeks so we're still adjusting and getting used to the place. So far we've been very pleased overall with the people, the activities and how eager everyone is to help and make sure people are taken care of.

I have nothing negative to say about the the facility my father in law was only there 7 weeks before he passed. They are excellent with care and overall the facili

really caring people

The biggest positive about Brookdale Briargate is that they are really caring people. I was a little disappointed at one point when a verbal agreement we had made they reneged on. They have been incredibly kind and supportive.

Peace of Mind

I toured many communities ( more than 12) before deciding
on Sterling House for my Aunt. Each time I visited Sterling House the residents were happy and engaged.
The building was clean and the care staff was friendly.
I was happy to hear that they have had some of the same care givers for over 10 years. This gave me peace of mind knowing that my Aunt will see the same friendly faces.
I am able to sleep at night knowing that my Aunt is well cared for and happy.

decent care despite Brookdale corporation

Turnover in staff has been high, newer aides need further training in care of elderly and symptoms to look for in infections and dehydration. Nurse is good at contacting doctor in a timely manner, when resident becomes ill. There are just a few aides to take care of many residents with varying degrees of dementia or physical decline, however the aides they currently have provide comfort and assistance adequately. More an issue of problems with the corporation itself, and their fixation on money, rather than elder care and paying their staff a decent salary.

Very good

I want to rate this community fives all the way. They are very personable and attentive and have a real personal interest my mom. They showed personal knowledge and investment in her. I just can’t say enough nice things about this community.

Rundown and Old

I would rank them at the very low end. Their cleanliness was very bad; there was an odor and the carpet was very stained and warn. My in-laws probably wouldn’t have noticed that but I certainly did. The facility was very run down and old. The rooms and apartments were extremely small, especially for the price. Also they did not have any transportation.

Close by, tiny apartments, no kitchens

Close by, tiny apartments, no kitchens

very nice, smaller community. Checkin...

very nice, smaller community. Checking [removed] how will handle advanced stages of Alzheimers when that time comes. Weighing options now.

Did surprise tour in mid January. Dir...

Did surprise tour in mid January. Director very sweet. Not the right atmosphere.

Very nice faciliy. We were going to ...

Very nice faciliy. We were going to use them as adult day care and would not have minded placing Pop there.

Very nice, and the director was very ...

Very nice, and the director was very helpful and knowledgable.

Brookdale Briargate offers secured assisted living and is the only one of it's kind in the Colorado Springs area. We offer care and support for those with slight cognitive decline as well as all of the amenities of traditional assisted living. Our small and intimate single-story community is conveniently located near many restaurants and shopping.

Our charming community provides residents with comfort, privacy, beauty and care, while promoting independence. Read a good book in our library, socialize with friends in the courtyard or pamper yourself in our beauty/barber shop, there is something for everyone at Brookdale Briargate. We offer a variety of amenities and activities, including:

Walking club

Cooking class

Guest entertainers

Exercise classes

We also go on many off-site excursions to local restaurants for lunch outings and other attractions in the area our residents enjoy. Our programs and outings allow for residents to make meaningful contributions to the city and the Brookdale Briargate community.

At Brookdale Briargate our staff is dedicated to providing residents with not only quality service, but also personalized care. We work with each individual to make a personalized care plan that we alter based on services needed. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to provide just the right amount of care, while still promoting independence.