Brookdale Palmer Park - Colorado Springs, CO

Brookdale Palmer Park - Colorado Springs, CO has yet not published prices.

Strictly Memory Care

We looked at other communities but we chose this one was because they are strictly memory care. I feel good about mom being there because I know she is getting taken care of well I don't have to worry or stress over it. She is doing as many activities as we can get her to participate in. From what I am being told she is eating at every meal and seems to be enjoying the food. Every time we are there the community and her room is clean and well maintained. The staff is good they keep me updated when necessary they are open and friendly.

Brookdale Palmer Park provided the best care when my husband needed extra care to manage his dementia. We had placed him in two other facilities that said that they were secure but he was able to leave the facilities and put himself and others in danger. The staff at Brookdale Palmer Park worked to be sure that he would be completely secure and that they would do what it took to make him secure and well cared for.

The Brookdale Palmer Park staff was by far the most caring and knowledgeable with which we had personal experience.

A Good Place But We Needed More

I had to move my mom into a higher level care community. She needed skilled nursing. The staff were nice the whole time and they were good at keeping me up to date. I would recommend them to my family and friends.

A pleasant tour!!

I loved this Brookdale when I toured. The lady that took me around was excellent. She was helpful and informative. The facility was very clean, and it was a good experience, but it was not the best fit for my mother.

A Helpful Tour

I had helpful and friendly people giving me a tour and giving me useful resources. I felt they were fantastic people to work with. They were willing and always offering to help me find a good fit for my parents. It did not feel like a sales experience. In the end they did not have an availability for us.

We are happy with this quiet community!!

This community is 100% dementia care and is secure. They have four little sections and my dad is able to go whenever he wants inside the community. They do have times when the residents are able to go outside. The staff know who I am and I have good communication with them. They seem to know the residents names and this community is good for assisted living for people with memory issues. He likes the food and I would recommend this community.

Fish Out of Water

The process of admitting my parent went very smoothly. Since then, I've found communication with the staff to be very hit-and-miss. Feedback is practically non-existent. I understand that everyone is very busy, and I don't want to be that person that everyone avoids, but I don't feel a part of any "care team." My experience is that 1 out of 3 phone calls are returned - I usually have to make the follow-up call. No one talked to me about what "Family Council" on the calendar is about. When I ask a specific question, the response (at all levels) is usually "S/he's fine" or "We see that a lot" or "Most of our patients..." and I'm left with the feeling that I'm glad they remember the name. I guess I want a little more personalized care, or at least the illusion of it, before I lower my expectations. My parent seems to have adapted well. I think there is room for improvement for helping family members move from home care to institutional care.

A day of smiles

Recently I attended a Valentine's Dance at Brookdale Palmer Park where my mother is a resident. What a joy it was to see the residents, families, and all the staff participate in a very special event. The atmosphere was inviting with fun decorations, excellent live music, and delicious snacks. Watching the residents dance with their sweethearts or a staff person was a blessing indeed. The residents faces would light up, and smiling they would join right in the dancing. My mom has Alzheimer's disease and sometimes is difficult to communicate with. This was an activity that encouraged her to enjoy herself just the way she is, and brought lots of smiles and laughter to her day. Thank You!

This is the worst place ever. If i would have known about their lack of care I would have not let my Grandma go there. They just don't care about their patients well being. Abd the cost is outragous.

Staff Could Be Friendlier

I don't feel like all of the nursing staff is too friendly, or they are just not as friendly as the last place he was at. I see a lot of different nurses in his area, and I don't see the residents doing anything except watch TV. They let residents go outside and there is not an active monitor out there, and my dad has fallen when he's out there is just no telling how long he was out there before he got help.

Good, But Could Use Improvement

They have had a very high turnover rate of employees which has noticeably impacted the service they provide and the experience of the residents. Every time I made a phone call there to inquire about my brother, the person I needed to speak to either was not there or was in a meeting. I could never get a hold of the person I needed to speak to. There were also instances where they said they would do something and did not deliver. When I first placed my brother in there I had a very good impression, but there have been a few issues since then. The facility itself is nice, and the grounds they are on are lovely. My brother likes to walk on the trails that they have out there. That is one thing that has been very nice. So they are good in ways, but certainly have room to improve.

Brookdale Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to visit share your feedback. We are committed to continuous quality service and care and will share your feedback with our management team.

Great Memory Facility

My husband is in the memory care facility. He is getting very well taking care and couldnt be happier. They really care about their patients and understanding. I dont know to much on there activities just yet but sure there not to bad .

This hasn't been the best experience.

This hasn't been the best experience. They haven't done a very good job keeping up with the two hour checks and making sure that the residents are changed on a regular basis. This can cause UTI's which can really do some damage. They also haven't been great about keeping the laundry together, even with the name and initials on everything, the clothes do eventually come back though. They also have a staff meeting everyday at 2:00 and the entire staff disappears for about an hour.

It's going pretty well.

It's going pretty well. The staff is very friendly, and it's kept very well. My loved one likes to lift weights and there is no weight room. There haven't been any complaints about the food. They have a very nice outdoor walking area. Some of the little rooms around the circle, are decorated for themes and different things, just a sitting room where one can read and get away from everybody would be nice. There are places to sit, but about 60 percent of the time there are guys laid out sleeping on the couch. I would think that the staff could take them back to their room. It would be nice if they offered some information in the entryway for Alzheimer's, and perhaps support groups. Perhaps the caregivers could offer some helpful information.

It's a wonderful place.

It's a wonderful place. They do a great job, and we like them a lot. Everything is good, we are happy.

It was wonderful. Their response time has been immediate. The food was ok. They were very friendly and very clean. They took good care of my loved one. The staff was awesome, they called and checked on me. To anyone bringing a parent I would say, it's hard probably one of the hardest things you are ever going to do. I would start with the respite first, and give them some time see how they feel give them a chance to ease into it, and see if they like the environment and the people. I liked that there was a warm feeling, and the rooms themselves were warm and welcoming.

Overall the staff was friendly and very helpful.

Overall the staff was friendly and very helpful. Communication could have been improved, and I think some more monitoring of health conditions could have been better. Lynette with A Place For Mom was instrumental in helping us understand everything and she spent a lot of time speaking with us about what our needs and options were.

Patients Must Feed Themselves

My wife was there for about three months. She had glaucoma and her sight was very limited. If I wasn't there to feed her, they wouldn't feed her. They said that it's an assisted living and they expected the patients to feed themselves. However, because of her sight she couldn't see the plate or find the food so I had to be there to feed her. That was the only real serious complaint I had about them and the food wasn't that great either.

Small Community with a Very Helpful Staff

They help in any way they can - the care is very good. The things that I like are they are very helpful. They are able to get additional support like hospice for my father through medicare and medicaid at little to no additional cost to my dad. They have small plays that people come in and put on and they do bingo and church services. They also have availability for hair cuts. They have the capability of transitioning straight to medicaid when dad's funds run out. They have 8 rooms that are double occupancy so that gets the cost low enough that medicaid with take care of it. That is something that is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel. Nothing is cheap anymore but where they are and what they do and the smallness of the facility are all pluses.

Outdoor space for memory care

They have a dedicated memory care only area that we really liked. They have access to outdoor space in memory care where the residents can go outside without having to worry about wandering away. Some of the staff at Peak View had also recommended it.

The facility itself just stood out. ...

The facility itself just stood out. I liked the people there, their memory or life station. They have fairly large grounds that are well-kept. All of the staff were very helpful and very nice. I think their costs were comparable with other communities in the area. They have a medical staff on site 5 out of 5 for the quality of their care. They've got a wide range of activities there.

It is a beautiful and clean facility....

It is a beautiful and clean facility. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The price is good. Location is great. resident to RA ratio is 8 to 1 The room is very small. The bathroom sink is not wheelchair accessible. It appears that she would need to keep her room locked or much of her stuff would need to be locked up (in the laundry areal) to keep wandering residents from taking and/or harming themselves with any solids or liquids. I am not sure that her acuity level is a good match for the facility.

We just loved the Staff and the envir...

We just loved the Staff and the environment.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.