Brookdale Bonita Springs - Bonita Springs, FL

Brookdale Bonita Springs - Bonita Springs, FL has yet not published prices.

Toured. Liked it. A bit pricey.

This was very nice and more reasonable in Bonita. The room rate is better than any I have looked at. The care plan was very high. [Removed],director was not pleased that she had to waste her time helping me if I wasn't going to stay there.

This was a very nice and more reasonable in Bonita. The room rate is better than any I have looked at. The care plan is higher than I expected.

Seeing All is Pretty Good

My husband's experience is going fine. I have no problems from the staff. The community is clean and secure. The meals are not looking so good from what I have seen. He really hasn't got involved with the activities. I think they don't have enough of them and I wish I there could be more. I have requested a thing called Halo a number times after he moved in. They gave him a wheelchair and a mat on the floor by his bed, to help not hurt himself so much if he falls. I would like to see them help his in the bathroom more too.

Slow Start to Adjusting

My dad is slowly starting to adjust to his new surroundings. He seems to be relaxing and starting to talk to residents and making friends. The staff has been patient and in the beginning were calling me if they had concerns. But now after getting to know my dad's personality things seem to be settling down.
Dad is really enjoying the food there. Over all the housekeeping of the community is well done.

Dining is a pleasant experience

It is a very beautiful and clean community. They do need to do maintenance on some of the eaves of the building, my mom's room has a view of it and it appears to look like it's rotting. The friendliness of the staff and housekeeping is great. Right now I am having an issue of getting the wellness team at the community to communicate with my mom's Dr. They offer many activities for the residents to participate if they wish to. Dining is a pleasant experience, I have dined there myself. The food is generic, nevertheless, there is a large variety of things to choose from, and they offer generous portions. I generally see none of the staff or caregivers on the upper floor when I visit. Downstairs the residents seem to need more assistance. You definitely have to pay extra for medical attention. Since my mom cannot give herself an insulin shot and I am not allowed to give her the shot, we pay to have a caregiver give her one. She is able to go outside and has a medical alert button. I can see she is making friends when people pass her in the hall they call her by name. All in all, I would recommend this community.

Please - don't go here and get your friends OUT

I frequently visit one of my good friends there. The place is a dump. It is dirty and there are 'water worms' on the floor. I normally see water worms in the 1st floor, but these are on the 2nd floor. He complains that he is afraid to say anything because the management will 'take it out' on him. I found the CNA's and the nurses to be very nice and helpful, but overworked. The management is the worst. They are rude and [Removed] the residents of causing the problems that management should take care of (understaffed, dirty). Not enough people in maintenance - the building looks like it has not been worked on for years. I think it has sick building disease as I get stuffed up when I walk in and it clears up within minutes when I leave. The cloth chairs in the common areas smell like urine.
I'm trying to get the cooperation of my buddy's family to get him out of there; however, with the confiscatory practice of 'community fees' he has THOUSANDS of dollars of up front monies he will lose and have to come up with more to go somewhere else.
These [Removed] seem to want to get old folks financially bound and then continue to hit them with bogus charges for anything imaginable. DON'T EVEN LOOK AT A BROOKDALE FACILITY

I found the facility pleasant and the people also pleasant. The apartment shown to me was small and I am not sure my mother would be able to get her stuff in without paring down and that could be a problem. They have a nice list of activities and the menu in the Dining Room was very nice with at least 5 selections of entree. I am sure that it would be a very nice place to live, but my mother's dementia might make it difficult for her to accept the change. I would advise anyone looking to check it out. It seems very pleasant and the prices not bad.

Friendly people!

My brother was the one who toured ABrookdale Bonita Springs. He said it was a nice place and they were friendly to him, but this place is in Florida, and our other wanted to stay in Pennsylvania with me.

A good experience!

My mother is doing very well since her move. I would recommend this community for assisted living because we have had a good experience with them so far. They have a lot of activities and entertainment constantly.

Very Nice Community

I had a very nice tour of this community. Everything went very well. The staff was very kind. The community looked great, and everything was well maintained. It was a nice experience, and everything went well. Unfortunately I didn't get the feeling that this was the facility for my mother, and her needs. Overall our tour went well.

He's having fun!

My father is having a great time since he moved into this community, he loves it. I live a few miles away and he is always telling me he is too busy for me to visit, which is a good thing. He is involved in all of the activities and goes on most of the outings. We are pleased with out choice!

Lovely Community

My loved ones are doing great here at this community. They are currently here for their respite services, and so far everything is working out very well. This is a lovely community, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. Everyone is very kind, and friendly. They are pleased with the meals. Everything has worked out very well, and they would even consider returning back to this community. This is a wonderful facility.

Brookdale Bonita Springs - Bonita Springs, FL

I love this facility and happy to be here.

Loves the staff

Everyone is good to me.

Brookdale Bonita Springs - Bonita Springs, FL

Love the food. I am so happy here.

Brookdale Bonita Springs - Bonita Springs, FL

I recommend it to my friends

Everything is convenient.

Brookdale Bonita Springs - Bonita Springs, FL

Would recommend to anyone.

Staff is great.

Brookdale Bonita Springs - Bonita Springs, FL

Everything is nice and I am treated good.

Brookdale Bonita Springs - Bonita Springs, FL

I enjoy everything & like everything @ this community.

Horrific management to say the least!

My mother was in Brookdale in Bonita Springs for about 2 years. She had several falls and was left under beds bleeding with no one to check on her for a long period of time, she needed to be fed after her stroke and was put in the tiniest room where more often than not, there was no room for her to eat at the table provided and she was not allowed in the main dining room with everyone else even with her private care giver to feed her (which had there been space in the private dining room I could have dealt with it), activities were canceled without warning if not enough people showed up, more often than not there was no one to answer the phone and phone calls were not returned on most occasions no matter how important they were, her bed would sometimes go unmade most of the day, toilet paper and trash bags were sparsely provided or not at all and in the end the food was so repetitious and disgusting I almost couldn't bare to have my mom stay there...I could go on and on. We were lucky enough to be able to provide private24 hr. a day care for my mother because of her and my father's many sacrifices throughout the years. Had it not been for that, she would NEVER have stayed at Brookdale. It is probably the most poorly managed facility I could have ever imagined; however, I could visit my mom every day because of the proximity of Brookdale to our home and because we fortunate enough to find exceptional private care outside of Brookdale. While she was there, I will say that over the many months 'in the beginning' before my mom had a severe stroke, my mom was so sweet that some of the caregivers gave her special attention, but they all left one by one...and then in mass...to go to facilities that were better managed. I couldn't blame them. Again, the only way I could justify having my mother there was because of her 24 hr. a day private care. To sum it up, I wouldn't leave anyone there unless they were 100% capable of making their own decisions and that is usually not the case. This is not being bitter, this is to let you know that no one should be left at this facility unless they are constantly being monitored by family members on a daily basis. There were so many residents that were just left there to fend for themselves. I was there almost every single day so I saw a lot. Unless it has completely changed, think long and hard about Brookdale before you commit. I always thought it was so sad that such a fabulous location and what could be an amazing facility has been left in ruin along with its residents. And it is unconscionable that the Brookdale Corporation cares so little about the elderly. It is a money machine for them and nothing else. Nothing. They could care less about your loved one. There are too many other facilities in the area that you should consider.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our district operations team has been made aware of your concerns to further look into.

Nice looking place, not the best match for us

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. The level of care they provided was a bit beyond what my loved one needed, but it looked like a very nice place overall.

Look elsewhere

This place is totally understaffed. No one gets back to you. Some of the staff are great, but others are less caring. Rooms are left dirty, especially bathrooms.

Poorly managed, but great location

The location is great but, unfortunately, there are no managers on site for long periods of time. There are some residents who seem to have severe dementia, are left to their own, and should be a memory loss facility. The staff is overworked and open positions unfilled. They are not investing enough in the staff and facility.

Beautiful facility, well lit & well-maintained. Numerous sitting areas, activities, & shared spaces. Onsite medical and therapy services. Pool access not as convenient as some facilities visited. Steps into pool, no lift for those unable to maneuver steps.

Heard very good things!

Our experience with Brookdale Bonita Springs has been a good one, so far! I haven't had the chance to visit myself, but I have heard only good things from my family members. They've helped our loved one tremendously, and the seems to settled in very well!

Similar to Aston Gardens. Too expensive for our budget.
$3300 for a studio, plus the assistance fee of $[removed]/mo.

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. We liked what we saw here, overall. It was an older building, but it had a nice feel. The staff all seemed very friendly, and the residents looked well cared for.

Terrible Customer Service

The facility is lovely. The intake staff and sales personnel are completely incompetent in customer service. Multiple attempts were made to secure a unit, and the sales staff member was a no show for a confirmed appointment. The maintenance man was offered as the "tour guide". We should have never returned.
On the second visit, we asked for two things- a furnished unit and a prepaid (6 month) discount. It took almost three days and multiple phone calls to get an answer. When we complained about the customer service and lack of responsiveness, we were given arguments and excuses without apology. As experienced business executives in human resources and health care, we were shocked at the terrible customer service. We moved on to a much better place, with great customer service- The Terraces at Bonita.

We were very pleased with the service.

This was just a short respite stay, we were very pleased with the service. The staff was exceptionally friendly. The food was not as good as the rest of the community, the portions were very small, and it was a little plain, I would give it a 3, I guess. We chose them because they were the best place around that offered the respite stay.

Nice Lake

I don’t actually live there, my loved one does. They have a good calendar of activities. It has a nice location because my loved one can get out and walk around. There is a lake nearby and my loved one loves to walk, so that’s good. I haven’t been very impressed with the head of nursing. I haven’t felt like I got a good response when I needed information or help for my dad.

They do a good job so far....

The pool area is not really kept up, it looks dirty, it looks like fungus. I am a little concerned that they may not take some of our concerns seriously. She likes that she gets her meals everyday. They do a good job so far, and when we have asked for something, they have been accommodating. They have someone that collects the trash late at night and enters even if the resident is sleeping, this is a little strange and unsettling to me. They seem to have a good amount of activities to participate in.

Very nice property; spaciou...

Very nice property; spacious hallways, nicely appointed furniture; flexible care revisited every 6 months. Lovely dining room - white table cloth service all 3 meals; snack cafes; 2 computers for residents; heated pool with great sunny deck; interior courtyard w/shade; varied activities; transportation and field trips; happy hour thur/fri. good selection of food; director eats there as well; all staff and residents cordial and greeted us. 1 bedroom with kitchenette (small refrigerator) walk in closet; large closet. $2250/mo includes basic cable; just pay for phone service. nurses on staff. $2200 fee to move in. assistance for financial planning if extra $ needed to move in

Husband is Very Happy

My husband is very pleased and seems to be happy with the room and surroundings, and tells me that everyone is very nice. He has not had any complaints that he has told me about, but he has been there two weeks. They do activities, but he doesn't participate in them. They seem to have a lot and do try hard to keep the residents engaged.

Great Location!

It's a wonderful place. I loved it and they're just great. It's personal, you know, they actual cared about my father. They are nice to the family too even thought we're always barging in all the time. I like the fact that you could take the scooter and head over to the shopping center where there's plenty to do. There's the Lake House Restaurant where you can go have food and drinks. Most nursing homes you're kind of stuck unless you take a bus. This one is right next to the shopping center with art galleries and things. It's in a very unique location that way.

They have really large one bedroom units. That and the possibility of going "off campus" as it were, is really appealing. I'm so thrilled Emeritus worked out!

Mom seems to be very satisfied with e...

Mom seems to be very satisfied with emeritus. The only thing she aked for which was not available was a class that she could do her artwork. She was told that would not be available until the season begins???

No staff and rude administration

There's not enough staff, maybe there's not enough people in the world when everyone is falling all at once. For what they were paying, they were a level 3, they fell down, they dropped them a couple of times, there was one time where they didn't come for 80 minutes. They had one guy in administration that was the rudest man, we had hospice in and one morning this administration came in saying "is he gone yet?" and things like that. Nobody was ever there, they never answered phone calls, it was a horrible experience.

No personal outdoor space. Nice peopl...

No personal outdoor space. Nice people. Good activities. Good pet policy. A bit too institutional. All meals included in price. More than what she needs at this time.

This is one of the top choices.

This is one of the top choices.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system