American House Bonita Springs Senior Living - Bonita Springs, FL

Location close to current home. Friendly staff. Attractive grounds and two pools. Rooms ok. Clean. Covered parking. Affordable . But, all the public areas are spread between two buildings and several floors in each. Buildings not connected and no overhead protection from sun and rain on walkways.

Toured. Liked it. Very pricey but soon will be Medicaid approved.

Things Are Not What They Appeared

On our tour things seemed like it was going to be a good fit for my dad. The staff was friendly very nice it was a clean community it is located on a big piece of property things seemed like it was going to work well. Now a few weeks later the level of care that I thought my father was going to be receiving what I was told not to worry about has me concerned I don't think they can handle what he needs. Prior to him becoming ill he had been eating and talking with the other residents.
Facing the storm the management has already put in place emergency procedures and currently my dad is in the hospital> Sso once this emergency has passed then we will see what issues we can work through.

American House Senior Living Communities

We appreciate your feedback. Please be patient as our community has been evacuated due to Hurricane Irma. Once power has been restored and our staff and residents have returned to the community, we encourage you to give us a call to discuss your concerns. Thank you in advance for your patience.

An ok community

They only offer a few activities including bingo and exercise classes. The staff do not seem to be encouraging my loved one to participate in any activities. The food is ok, however they said that we are not allowed to eat with our loved one. The community is clean and the grounds are nice. You need to supply sheets and blankets. This community is close to family.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your feedback. Your concerns are very important to us and we encourage you to give our office a call to discuss further at [removed]. We look forward to speaking with you.

After touring American House Bonita Springs, I give this facility 3 stars. I was not impressed with the separate dining for assisted living and independent living. I also would prefer the bathrooms in the units were right off the bedroom.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us. We appreciate your feedback.

This was a bad choice for my father

When my father was at American House Bonita Springs Senior Living I felt he had been warehoused and it was due to the staff that was so disorangized, they had no direction from the director of nurses they were not consistane, never took him to any of the activies and my father began to withdraw and he stopped speaking. The director of nurses just could not lead or work with her staff. So I spoke with Corp about what was happening and they offered to transfer my father to the American House Coconut Point Estero. They took care of the move and the transition for my fther was great.
I think that they may someday get their issues strenghted out just a big disappointment with the staff.

American House Senior Living Communities

We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear your father has settled in at American House Coconut Point. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I believe this group wasn't offering seasonal stays.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your feedback. American House Bonita Springs offers respite care, which is most often used for recovery after an injury, surgery, or hospital stay. However, respite care can be a great alternative for seniors looking for a short stay away from home. We're happy to share details with you - give us a call at your earliest convenience!

Having A Good Time

My mom is good being apart of the community. I like the arrangement with not giving money upfront. She likes the meals and she likes that the community is new. She liked and picked this one because she knew people that lived here. The only thing is that she is supposed to get an iPad. A promotion for the new residents. I would recommend them to those who are in need.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your review of our Bonita Springs community. We are glad to hear that your mother is happy here with us, and we appreciate your feedback!

A good tour!

My brother was the one who toured American House Bonita Springs Senior Living. He said it was a nice place and they were friendly to him, but this place is in Florida, and our other wanted to stay in Pennsylvania with me.

We like this community

Mom is doing quite well at American House. She likes playing bingo. They offer a choice of food options. This community is clean and more modern looking than the previous community she was at. The staff are very good. They helped us with the finances and I would recommend this community.

I have been a resident here for two months now and am mot pleased in all categories. It meet or surpasses my expectations in all areas.

American House Senior Living Communities

That's great news! We're glad to have you as part of our community. Thank you for the 5-star review - we appreciate your feedback!

Mom is Very Well

Everything is working out very well for my mother with her move to this community. They have a great staff here, so I know she is in good hands. This is a nice, safe community, I'am satisfied with her move here. They have nice outings outside the community, and other great activities. She has gotten involved in some of the activities they offer. I've tired some of the meals, and the food is good. I have already recommended this community to my friends. It is nice facility.

American House Senior Living Communities

That's fantastic news! We're so glad to hear that your mom is happy at American House Bonita Springs. Thank you for the great review - we appreciate your feedback!

Very pricey!

When I toured the American House Bonita Springs Senior Living, I thought it was a beautiful place. I did not see anything that needed improvement, but it was out of our price range.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad you were able to visit our community. Our rent is comparable to other non-entrance fee senior communities in the area. Our residents' monthly rent includes all meals, activities, outings, social events and the campus offers additonal services should the need arise.

Great, friendly, apartments are roomy, 2 swimming pools (just none indoors), good menues, crafts are my thing (the director has a great variety to work with). Plus, the residents have many areas/activities where they can have their hands in operating and maintaining themselves.

American House Senior Living Communities

We're so glad to hear that you're happy at American House Bonita Springs! Thanks for the 5-star review; we appreciate your feedback!

Nice Friendly Community

This is a nice community, but unfortunately my father didn't care for it to much. I think he made the move to quick, and wasn't ready. It was a good experience overall. This is a good looking community. They do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff was friendly. There are nice activities offered for the residents. I knew he was being cared for well, but he didn't wanna stay.

A great place for both of my parents

This is a excellent community. The staff is wonderful they take care of the grounds and her room. The food is excellent and both my parents are very happy there. The staff is excellent and help both of them adjust to not being in the same room. They have visits daily which helps them adjust. A highly recommended community for all needs.

Mom's New Home

I selected American House for my 94 year old mother because of what they offered. The check on her quite often in 1 day and at night and that makes me much more secure in her living alone. She is living like a queen, having so much done for her, she doesn't have much to do except enjoy the apartment and the activities. Knowing she is eating 3 meals a day is a positive for me.

I am very please with American House.

Happy Father - Happy Daughter

We are more than satisfied with our decision to move my father to American House Senior Living in Bonita Springs. The almost brand new facility is very nice. Very attractively decorated and furnished. My father has a studio apartment which is just perfect size for him. There is plenty of room for a bed, night stand, and dresser on one side and a large sitting area that accommodates a love seat, recliner, end tables, and TV stand on the other half of the room, without feeling cramped at all. Everyone on staff has been very kind, and helpful in assisting my father in acclimating to his new surroundings.

According to my father - the food is excellent! With everything included in the monthly fee, we consider it to be a very good value. However, the best commendation for American House Senior Living in Bonita Springs, is that my father is extremely satisfied and completely loving his home.

Happy Father - Happy Daughter

The staff is top helpfull, kind, & thoughtfull Top shelf

good experience

American House Bonita Springs Senior Living was a good experience. My dad is difficult and he got through the months. His wife is ready to send him back. He was really impressed with the physical therapy there. He didn't integrate well but that's not their fault. I was impressed with their business motto. You pay as a you go. I didn't have any issues with anything. It was a really good respite stay. I was very pleased with everything.

Initial Admissions Process Went Well

There is nothing to say about the American House Bonita Springs Senior Living out from the top of my head. I think that the initial admissions part of the process with them went pretty well for my loved one.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your review and for choosing American House. I'm happy everything is going well with the admissions process and I am sure you both will be pleased with your decision to join our community. Looking forward to seeing you soon, all the best! Erin Sakmar, Executive Director

weekend receptionist is a total flake

At American House Bonita Springs Senior Living the weekend receptionist is a total flake. She absolutely knows nothings. She uses it as an excuse that she only works there the weekend. The weekday receptionist seems to much more concerned and on top of things. She is willing to write down notes and follow up. The care services staff are on top of everything. They have very few outside outings to offer at this facility. They do have a couple of lunches offered. I would like to see them taken to an afternoon play or something like that. The only thing I have seen them offer is dropping them off at K-Mart or something to that affect.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your honest feedback. By sharing these concerns you give us the opportunity to put things right and review the way we do things in future. I appreciate your positive praises for our care services staff and will review your other concerns with staff. If you’d like to speak with me directly please feel free to call. Warmest regards, Erin Sakmar, Executive Director

Pros: Atmosphere warm & homey. Layout functional. Clean. Grounds well-maintained. Zero-entry pool pristine. Staff friendly. Many activities available. Onsite medical and therapy services. Neutral: Newly opened facility currently at around 50% occupancy--likely to fill up quickly. Cons: there are few smaller 1-bedroom "apartments" compared to the number of larger 1-bedrooms and studios. No smaller 1-bedrooms offer lake view. Smaller 1-bedroom options are very small; the living space of one of the smaller 1-bedroom floor plan options is not very functional. Wish there were some options with a small kitchenette to maximize living room space for those not interested in a full kitchen. Strange, bulky heating/cooling duct work system in apartments. Overall, beautiful facility with many positive features!

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for spending your time to give us your feedback. We’re glad you chose to visit our location and although Bonita Springs may not be right for you, we do have another location right down the street from the Coconut Mall on Murano Del Lago Drive which may be more suitable. It’s a beautiful community built around a stunning three-story atrium and each apartment is equipped with a kitchen. If you’re at all interested, give me a call and I’d be more than happy to arrange a tour. Warmest Regards, Erin Sakmar, Executive Director

Nice looking place, but expensive

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a beautiful place, the facility was brand new, and the staff all seemed very friendly and professional. However it was also very expensive.

American House Senior Living Communities

Don't forget to keep in mind all the amenities and extras
that make living here more than just having a place to live! We're
like an all-inclusive resort, so you don't have to think about
anything else except having fun, since your needs are all met! If you
have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Sincerely,
Erin Sakmar, Executive Director

Our brand new American House Senior Living Community is being designed from the ground up to help you do one thing: enjoy life to its fullest. A kitchen in every beautifully appointed, private apartment will cater to your independent streak, while restaurant-style dining and cozy community areas will appeal to your social side. Follow this up with a range of diverse cultural, recreational, physical, spiritual and educational programs and you¹ll be making memorable moments that will enrich your life for years to come. Plus, enjoy the peace of mind that comes from having access to the care you need, if and when you need it. From Independent to Assisted Living, our services will adapt to your changing needs so you don¹t have to relocate to a new home.