Brookdale Bend - Bend, OR has yet not published prices.

A good community with care

I toured this community and was happy with the staff who were able to answer my questions. The food seemed to be very good. I did find a community closer and would recommend other families to see for them selves everything that is offered for a loved one.

Brookdale of Bend

My mother moved to Brookdale of Bend recently. We find it a warm and caring place. I feel my mother is safe and well taken care of. There are issues with staffing, as with all care facilities in Oregon, due to drug testing and a weakened drug law. Although the staff wear many hats throughout their shifts all seem well trained and willing to help (and when necessary spend extra time) with all the residents.

Peace of Mind

I was greeted so warmly - I almost forgot how nervous I was to look at memory places. The staff is happy and the people who live there were singing and laughing when I walked in. It felt warm and bright and happy . I met a lot of the staff and they were not rushed with me, but gave me all the time I needed to get my questions answered. It can be a stressful time to care for a loved on and frightening to have to look for places. I instantly felt relief and comfort. I know safety and companionship were important to me. I am very pleased with Brookdale . I feel like I belong when I come to visit.

Needs Professional Help

With all the anguish and exhaustion you are experiencing by the time you arrive at Brookdale, you think .... this is it!
But after overlooking several red flags, we look back and wish we would have chosen another facility. First, the $2,000 non-refundable deposit to hold room for 1 wk! Second, the set up, you must use their pharmacy...if you have Tri-Care it is a nightmare. Next, caregivers are not CNA trained, only HS grads required. Then the billing is never clear to your understanding.
My step-mother fell from wheelchair twice and was given too much medication she shouldn't have been given in my opinion,
This facility lacks professionalism! Brookdale projects all the first rate advertisement and enticements, but comes up short with any real knowledge of alzhemiers diease to help understand their residents..

Fraudulent Pricing

They quoted me a price of $5800 per month for my father's care, after their nurse had evaluated him. Three days after i had moved him in they upped the price to $7100 per month. They say that he is asking for help toileting too frequently. Since that time he no longer needs help and can walk on a walker himself and I am anxiously waiting to see if they are going to reassess him and reduce the price. I feel their accounting methods and communication about how they arrive at their pricing is highly questionable.

I don't think they did anything well

I don't think they did anything well. I'm not happy with them at all. I had to move my Dad out of there. They do not have enough qualified people working there. They said they could not handle his behavior, but his behavior was due to Alzheimer's Disease.

Very pleased with the look of the inside

I was very pleased with the look of the inside of the place. It did not look like a nursing home at all. I really like the people who work there.

this one was designed so cute in the front parlor, but really didn't see residents in this area. they were all behind doors that were locked at the time we were there. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. but at this stage a little too locked down for our needs.The rooms were just that rooms not apartment at all so they are completely dependent on the facility for everything, everyday and for some thats what they need, in our case its not that way.

So far, so good

A lovely, homey, bright environment that my Dad says he really likes. Everyone seems well attended-to and kept fairly active with daily activities and even outings. Registration was a breeze as Clare Bridge of Bend staff are very accommodating and thoughtful. The staff keeps us up to date on my Dad's meals, sleep and activities. It's only been about two weeks, but, so far, so good!

Memory Care

This was one of two memory care facilities we visited. It's not my favorite place but I also know people who have their folks there. I think memory care is a very difficult thing to face. It's taxing and it's sad to think that my mother may need it.

Good place, but not for everyone

The staff is very caring and deals with a wide variety of patients. A difficult task at best. They are kind and upbeat and the patients are clean and treated kindly. Peoples' belongings are not always in their possession, but doing laundry for so many is quite a task. The financial dealings between the parent company and local one are not clear, as they do not seem to be on the same page. I am still trying to get it straightened out. After almost 2 weeks, I realized that it was not a good match, for my husband so I brought him home.

Brookdale Bend provides a comfortable, home-like setting with programs and services designed specifically for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other memory impairments. Clare Bridge offers private and companion suites in a comfortable neighborhood environment. Unique building features, such as visual cues and walking paths, help residents stay independent and find their way. Twenty-four hour trained staff works closely with each resident to provide personal assistance that promotes independence, dignity and choice. Our life enrichment program enables residents to participate in activities that can enhance self-esteem and maximize quality of life. Services offered at Clare Bridge include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Purposefully designed environment, including interior and exterior walking paths, way-finding cues and a home-like setting
- All exterior doors alarmed at all times
- Neighborhoods designed for small groups of residents help to regulate stimulation and create familiarity
- Resident Assistance Center located within each neighborhood enables staff to provide necessary services with privacy and dignity
- Exterior living spaces include enclosed courtyards and patios
- Training designed to assist staff in managing difficult behaviors and work effectively with the memory impaired
- Life Enrichment and Memory Support Programs