The Springs at Mill Creek - The Dalles, OR

I like this community for my mother's care. The staff are nice and attentive. I like knowing that my mom is in a clean community with a nice enviroment. My mom has said that the variety of the menu is good and they offer health meals The activities are good for her to participate with the other residents. We would highly recommend this community for the care and the value of other families and there loved ones.

SpringsLiving Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are honored you chose The Springs at Mill Creek for your mother’s home, and so pleased to hear that she is enjoying life with us. With gratitude, The Springs Living

Lovely Community

This is a lovely community, my tour went very well. From what I saw everything was nice and well-kept. The staff was courteous and friendly. We found a community that was willing to accept Medicaid right away. Here at this community we would have had to pay two years first before they would accept Medicaid. It is a lovely community with kind people.

SpringsLiving Communications

Thank you for considering The Springs Living community. We are pleased that your needs were met.

There was no one available ...

There was no one available to give a tour when I arrived for my appointment. After waiting 20 minutes I gave my name and number and left. Have not yet been contacted to reschedule. My initial impression while waiting in the lobby for appointment was not favorable. The receptionist was not friendly with me or the resident that approached her with a request. A resident's family member stopped at reception desk when leaving from a visit and requested a repair be made that had apparently been requested previously but not done. Outside, front of facility is not well tended and is uninviting. Overall, I will have to be VERY impressed if and when I get a tour to even consider the facility. One star rating is probably inaccurate but reflects my initial impression based only on 20 minutes in the lobby area.

SpringsLiving Communications

Thank you for your initial consideration. We are sorry that this was your experience with The Springs Living, as this does not match our values. We have made management and staff changes, and hope that you will see improvements, should you visit again.

The Springs at Mill Creek is the perfect setting for relaxation, security, healthy living, and fun. We offer living options that include independent living, assisted living and memory care, each with personalized levels of support. As your needs change, you can continue to enjoy the amenities and enrichment of modern retirement living, and support of compassionate professionals who will see to your physical, emotional and social wellness.

We’re proud to be part of The Dalles, Oregon, which is surrounded by the beauty of Mt. Hood and the Columbia River Gorge. With more than 300 days of sunshine each year, it’s easy to enjoy our putting green, covered verandas, and lovely walking paths. Inside you’ll love our chef-prepared flexible dining, grand piano, cozy library, and on-site beauty salon and barber.

Our residents are looking for more than just a place to live, they are looking for a place to live life, to enjoy social activities, a place to make new friends and entertain old friends and family. And because we understand the important camaraderie with pets, The Springs at Mill Creek welcomes your well behaved pet companions, too.

You’ll have your own apartment for privacy and comfort, but because you’re part of a community, you can join friends for a game of pinochle, wine and cheese tasting, or even a computer class. Come along as we experience all that The Dalles and the Gorge have to offer.

At The Springs at Mill Creek, we recognize each person is unique. And so are your needs. Assisted Living is all about personalizing your level of care so you can have your independence while feeling secure that your needs are professionally met. You and your loved ones help determine the level of assistance that best fulfills your needs. Together we develop a personalized service plan based on an initial evaluation of your wellness requirements and social preferences. It’s like having experts in your life, for every area of your life. Our experienced nursing personnel are trained to coordinate and communicate with you and your medical providers, oversee your health care needs, monitor your health, and provide medication management. Our caregivers are specially trained to help you with personal care such as bathing and dressing.

Our resort-style community offers the lifestyle and amenities you deserve as well as ample opportunities to enjoy shopping, socializing, fitness, and entertainment. But you don’t have to do it alone. There is help for everything along the way. Our well trained, compassionate staff looks forward to getting to know you and your way of life, so we can come alongside and help you make the most of every day.

At The Springs Living, we walk with families through the journey of memory loss with genuine understanding and increasing support as skills and relationships change. Footsteps® Memory Care at The Springs at Mill Creek is comfortable, protected and designed specifically for residents with memory challenges and various types of dementia, such as Alzheimer's disease. Our philosophy of care recognizes residents as individuals with unique life histories, talents and abilities.

We offer many specially developed, therapeutic activities facilitated by our warm, highly trained caregivers. Everything about the Footsteps® Memory Care program is designed to provide each individual the personal care, support and structure that will enhance life, every day.
We want you to be at ease at The Springs at Mill Creek. That is why we offer a myriad of services and amenities to give you the comforts of home with a warm, friendly staff on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our residents have different needs and we tailor our features and amenities to best suit the care level needed.