Brookdale Ada - Ada, OK has yet not published prices.

My mom is happy here

I picked this facility for my Mother because it’s in a good location and they offered transportation to doctor’s appointments. She is really happy here and everyone is really friendly. The staff members are nice and they keep her entertained. Her room is nice and it’s kept very tidy. I’ve spoken with other families and they love it too. I would recommend this facility to other families.

SIX YEARS AT BROOKDALE

My mother was a resident of Brookdale, Ada, for six years. She was treated with respect, kindness, and caring by all the staff. I could count on the aides to clean her room, check on her during the day and night, give her meds in a timely manner, and make sure she ate. She was not always easy to deal with, but the staff there was always going out of their way to see that she was comfortable. She would pull her cord, and someone world arrive within 5 minutes. I would recommend Brookdale highly for your loved ones. It's the next best thing to "home."

Highly recommended: But it's a learning experience.

We really liked this community, however, the amount of care that was needed for mom and dad, Brookdale wasn't equipped enough to handle them adequately.
Heres some advice: For any dementia patient I would highly recommend they be admitted for psychological evaluation at a well equipped hospital or facility who can make knowledgeable prognosis and prescribe any medication which would help handle that patient's mental state. This information would be shared with the care facility and help them better understand the care that would be needed for the specific patient. Unfortunately, the psych evaluation for my parents was AFTER moving into Brookdale. Dad was first to receive the 10 day evaluation at Hillcrest Hospital in Heneryetta, OK. Mom was then taken to Hillcrest upon Dad's return. I feel if we had these evaluations as well as the prescribed meds, prior to moving into Brookdale their stay could have been longer or at a different care center.
Brookdale's RN & Director performed an initial interview to help them understand my parents' state of dementia, unfortunately not until Mom & Dad had been residents at Brookdale a couple weeks, when their true mental & physical state were better understood by the staff & administration. Which ended up requiring a great amount of additional cost for care.
The time that my parents spent there was GREAT!! Mom is a social butterfly so she enjoyed talking to the residents and the staff, she was a pleasure to all those whom would meet her. I too enjoyed visiting Brookdale, everyone seemed friendly and nice. My parents loved the food, every meal offered variety, balance and the residents seemed to have plenty to enjoy. Especially compared to the Meals on Wheels Mom & Dad had for a couple years at home, he and she seemed to be eating better.
After it was determined mom and dad were going to need a higher level of care which came at very high cost. We decided that in-home 24/7 care would be to our cost advantage. However, within 3 weeks at home, everyone involved with my parents care are beginning to feel even more caregivers might need to be hired. Currently a 24/7 full-time caregiver along with an aide coming in for a few hours each day to be an extra set of hands & eyes hopefully will work out. If not, we'll have to consider two 24/7 caregivers at the same time. Obviously driving up the cost.
Which brings us to another option we're considering... care facilities whom can take on dementia patients and provide true "Memory Care", Thus far several choices are available in Texas which would allow my parents to be located between one of my sibling whom lives in Texas & myself in Oklahoma. Interestingly, several are properties run by Brookdale, which judging from our past experience we'll look into those facilities first!
A word of advice... My siblings tried to convince me to move Mom & Dad to a nursing facility 3 years ago, thus they could have more easily adapt to their new situation, which made perfect sense to me. However, I listened to my parents instead, wanting to please them. Since I live in the same town, I felt confident with the right In-Home care service providing several hours through out the week, Mom & Dad could stay home as long as possible. Thus hoping to keep Mom & Dad happier.
Unfortunately, trying to please them appears to have been the wrong choice.
So don't make my mistake... don't put it off.
It's a tough decision to make, but I really feel if I had heeded the guidance offered by my siblings, much of the headaches, heartaches, and total frustration for my parents, caregivers at home & care center and finally myself... all of this would have been avoided, by having Mom & Dad moved to a care facility 2-3 years ago. Good Luck with your decision, as hard as it is, don't put it off.

A Geat Place for Mom

I have tried for years to get my mom to moved to assisted living. After falling and spending the night on the bathroom floor, it was time to make the move. She is in Brookdale in Ada, ok. She loves it. The staff is wonderful and they help her in every way. I feel confident she is safe and well care for.

very friendly

They have always been very friendly, nice and helpful. It is a very nice facility. I've been very pleased with Sterling House of Ada and would highly recommend them. I can't think of anything they can do to improve as they are really do a great job all the way around.

Brookdale Ada is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected