Brightview White Marsh - Nottingham, MD

Very pleased with how our family [Name removed] we gas adjusted to the facility. We are pleased the way the Staff has taken care of our family member

Rooms were smallish. There were 2 studios, the large one was adequate. The small one. was too small. 1 bedroom nice but pricey. Lots people and the place was very clean and bright.

Brightview Senior Living

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to positively rate and review Brightview White Marsh. Our apartment home sizes vary and we consider our gathering places - the living room, dining room, activity rooms, patios, and more - to be just as important as the apartment homes. Here, residents are among family and friends, they socialize and are engaged. Their worlds expand when they move to a community and are no longer isolated in a few rooms in a large house. Plus, everything is taken care of by our dedicated associates so residents can make the most of each day.

They have a really good transition team

The transition team here did a really good job with my Aunt. They made sure that she did not isolate herself and they helped her make friends and she started taking part in the activites and fields she even likes going to the dining room and the food. This community is beautiful, The management was great at addressing an issue that I had brought to them and they did it with a positive attitude. The staff here show that they care about their residents. I would definitely recommend this community I would even consider moving here myself.

Brightview Senior Living

Hello! Thank you for sharing your feedback and positive review about your Aunt's experience at Brightview White Marsh. Strong relationships and bonds form quickly at Brightview communities. Some residents and families liken it to a "family-like environment" at Brightview White Marsh.

Life at Brightview

My dad has been at Brightview for over a year now, and he has gotten excellent care. The staff is very friendly, they genually care about the residents. There are activities every day that the residents can participate in, and they are encouraged by the staff to attend. The food is good, meals are in a restaurant setting with a menu they can choose from. There are also many opportunities for families to join in special programs. Overall I am very pleased with Brightview. My dad is happy and that makes me happy!

Brightview Senior Living

Hi Robin! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and positive review about Brightview White Marsh and your father's experience this year. Providing excellent service is at the heart of Brightview's mission and core values. We take great pride in being a great place to live for residents and a great place to work for associates!

Go elsewhere.

My mother has been at Brightview since February of 2016. Initially I had nothing but good things to say about the facility and the staff. But I had a very unsettling visit with mom yesterday. It was unsettling for two reasons.

One. For the first time, mom is insisting that she is afraid to stay at Brightview. She not just afraid, she is terrified. I realize part of it is her mental condition, but there is more than that going on. It seems like there has been a big change in the staff and their attitude. I didn't see the loving interaction between staff and seniors that was the norm. Staff seemed more interested in each other and their cell phones than their charges. Mom wasn't aided, she was pushed around. She wasn't helped to dress, she had clothes thrown on her bed. When I arrived, my mother was sitting alone in a hallway in filthy pajamas. Which brings me to another problem.

Two. Laundry. My mother had lovely clothes when she moved in. Her wool sweaters have been tossed in the washer and shrunk to doll size. Her clothes are coming back from the laundry with food still on them. Either they never get in the washer or the machine is so full, clothes don't come out clean. Clothes are just shoved in any drawer. Her things are so wrinkled they are unwearable.

I'm hoping I was at Brightview on an off day, but I am very, very concerned. I am beginning to feel like I am not leaving mom in good hands.

Brightview Senior Living

Ms. Doyle, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. As you know from your history with Brightview, we set very high standards for resident and family satisfaction. Although sometimes residents with dementia may exhibit fears or anxiety, your description of her personal care and laundry situation is inconsistent with the quality our residents expect and deserve. Our Executive Director Heather would like to hear more details about your visit. Please call her at [removed] or you can email her ([removed]) directly.

Clean facility, nice staff, has an affordable option. This is our top pick.

Brightview Senior Living

Hello. Thank you for sharing your feedback about Brightview White Marsh. Our associates are committed to high quality care and service for all our residents and families.

Third choice.. Good location nearby. Prices good. But limited ( no Infependent Living) and limited storage space.
Very pleasant staff and place.

Brightview Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Our associates are dedicated to exceeding the expectations of residents and their families. Independent Living is offered at several nearby Brightview communities if you are still exploring independent living options.

Nice Impression

I visited here in April. My visit was enjoyable and I felt very comfortable talking to the sales director. She was friendly and seemed to really care about my mom. Unfortunately, we cannot make the move because my mother passed away. I would recommend families do stop in and meet with [Removed], seems like a great spot.

Brightview Senior Living

Hi. Thank you for your positive review and feedback about your visit to Brightview White Marsh. Please accept our sincere condolences on your mother's passing.

Care and comfort for family

We like this community. The staff is very caring and patient to the residents. They menu is outstanding. and very clean. I like knowing that he is active with the residents. I would be happy to recommend this community for the care and the value for loved ones to other families

Brightview Senior Living

Hello and thank you for your positive review and comments. Our chef-prepared meals are outstanding. As well, our calendars are full of fun and interesting programs so residents remain engaged and enjoy their lives to the fullest. Exceptional service and care is a Brightview hallmark.

Great option for mom and dad

My parents move into Brightview is going well. The staff is very accommodating and do whatever they can to meet my parents needs.There isn't anything they could change and I would recommend them!

Brightview Senior Living

Hi! We are delighted to hear that Mom and Dad's move to Brightview went well! Our associates are known for their high quality service and care!

Terrible dementia care

The year my mom was in dementia care at Brightview was the worst year of my life. Wellspring village was understaffed for the number of residents with a high turnover, and had no idea how to deal with dementia issues. Their solution to any hint of dementia aggression was to call 911 and transport the resident to the emergency room. Mom once went three weeks without a shower. Another tactic was to send the resident to a geriatric psyche ward for 6 weeks. I do not recommend them for dementia care for your loved one.

Brightview Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. At Brightview Senior Living, all of our Wellspring Village caregivers are extensively trained in caring for people with dementia. We pride ourselves in the personalized care given to all of our residents. There are rare occasions when behaviors exceed our skill level. Physical aggression is one such example. An aggressive resident poses a risk to themselves as well as other residents, family members, and visitors to the community. Sending a resident to the hospital through emergency personnel is for these rare incidents, and occurs as a last resort. There was only one 911 call due to physical aggression in Wellspring Village in the last year.

If you would like to talk more about this, please feel free to call our Regional Director of Operations, Eileen Adams, at [removed].

You can do better

Selected BVWM based upon appearance; wrong thing to do. Five of nine senior staff left within 18 months with high turnover at lower levels. Good place if you are able to take care of yourself but not if you need help transferring, showering, are incontinent, etc. Bathroom and bedroom always smelled strongly of urine (this was not limited to this one apartment). RA’s lack adequate training (consistent rough handling caused injury) and their lack of response to pendant calls were a constant problem. Good food, pleasant facilities and if they get their personnel problems resolved, this would be a nice place. Found a better, smaller facility nearby.

Brightview Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. We know that your family member’s care is extremely important to you, as it is to us. We take many steps to carefully screen candidates for employment at Brightview Senior Living to identify empathetic and caring associates. After hire, Resident Assistants complete an initial training program before they work with residents. Training is then ongoing with a review of their performance after 90 days of employment. Additionally, each year Brightview hires an outside consulting company to survey the satisfaction of residents and family members related to all services and care. These surveys indicate that there is a high level of satisfaction among our residents and families. Brightview White Marsh did experience some turnover of the senior team in 2016 due to promotions and several retirements of associates who worked for up to 15 years at our company.

Providing residents with choice is the cornerstone of Brightview’s care philosophy. We deliver care with residents rather than doing everything for residents to promote and maintain autonomy and individuality. We have simply found that residents want to be involved in their care in order to maintain a level of independence. That said, if a resident does not want to participate in care, associates are trained to take the lead.

We certainly don’t want odors to be pervasive in the community so steps are taken to clean and wipe down all surfaces. Resident apartment homes are cleaned weekly, and trash is removed daily from all apartment homes and more frequently, as needed. If incontinence is an issue, we work with the resident to structure a cleaning and laundry regime that keeps odors under control.

The experience you describe is concerning to us, and we would like to hear more details. Please call the Regional Director of Operations, Eileen Adams, at [removed].

Helped make the transition from rehab to their facility seamless. Accommodations are beautiful. The staff works at making my parent feel special and comfortable. They fully understand the transition it takes on the part of the client and the family.

Brightview Senior Living

Hello! Thank you for sharing your positive rating and feedback. Our associates listen, quite unusual in today's world. They get to know residents - their interests, their hobbies, their likes and dislikes. Special bonds form quickly between residents and associates.

Impressive First Visit

My first visit and I was impressed. Have seen several. met with sales director who proved she truly cared about the folks that lived there and learning about my situation. Will be visiting again with my mom.

Well maintained community!!

The staff was knowledgeable and very informative about there community. My loved one and I noticed how involved in activities and happy the residents where during our tour. I was very pleased with our visit and would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

I Liked The Tour

I was able to stop by for a quick visit and the experience was good. It seemed like a nice decorated place and clean community. The guide was able to give me answer about the community and overall i liked it but based on the money it was not right for us.

I Enjoyed The Tour

I thought this was another good choice for my dad but they did not have respite. I liked the facility is was similar to another community I liked. The tour guide was informative and followed up later.

I would have to give 5 stars to Brightview and all the staff.The food I tried twice once by myself and once with mom very tasty! and the service staff was very efficient.The place is well maintain and very caring staff.

Staff very friendly.

Cant say enough...

I met with Michelle and was overwhelmed after getting recent updates about my father's health from rehab. She took the time to listen to my concerns. I loved the Community and picked a room for my dad that day! still working on his move but I am thrilled for that day to arrive!

A Nice Place

My aunt's experience with Brightview has been a good one so far. I do have some concerns regarding some things, but I will be discussing this with the staff. The place is pretty clean for the most part but I do wish they would come and clean my aunt's room more often. Staff has been nice and helpful for the most part, some are better then others. They do offer nice activities for residents my aunt hasn't be able to partake yet. As far as the food my aunt does wish they would offer a more of a variety for her. Overall this is a nice place to consider with you starting thinking about senior living for your loved one.

Review of Brightview White Marsh - Nottingham, MD

thought the home was very nice. So far one of the nicest. Michelle was very informative.

Brightveiw is an excellent community. The memory care unit was very nice. Only 26 residents. Quality of food and service was very good. Michelle McQuillan was very good at her job and showed that she as well as all staff we met really cared about the residence there. Again mom was not ready for memory care but would have not done well in there assisted living setting.

Outstanding Care

I feel that my mother is getting outstanding care. The staff is attentive and they make residents feel like they are part of a family. I appreciate a place for mom. They were a great help. The facility is very clean. There are no odors. The residents seem happy and comfortable. The care takers are great. The have a great range of activities. I am happy that my mother enjoys her time here. We are very pleased.

Problems but a good choice

First, let me say that we're glad that we selected Brightview. That said we have experienced some disappointments since arriving.

We didn't go into assisted living believing that it would be perfect. There have been issues and most were minor and quickly resolved but the most annoying and serious problem, which should be easily resolved, remains. There is very limited follow up with the family once problems are identified. The senior staff was more supportive before final selection of Brightview than they are now.

Overall the facility is open, clean, and bright: the staff members are friendly; and the food is good. We might have done better but for the money, it was a good choice.

I was impressed by the facility and the staff. From my initial contact through the settling in period the senior staff were attentive and responsive. The two issues we expected to hear about from Mom (the quality of the food and the responsiveness of the staff)have not been a problem. The food is great (the family had the first dinner and lunch with her) and the staff responsiveness before settling in was great. Still to be proven is how they respond now that she's settled in.

Welcoming!

I stopped by this community for a professional meeting with the sales team. I was blown away but the welcome I recieved. sales director took the time to show me the community and introduce me to her team. Every member i met was happy to stop and speak with me. It was a great experience and i tell others what passion i felt. dedication and care felt throughout.

Nice Community

Recently visited this Community. Was welcomed like they had been expecting me! Friendly and great experience. Met with sales director, who was great. showed community, even with renovations and it was beautiful. felt the passion of sales director for her community. entire staff was great, as we walked around. would recommend to anyone looking for a Community.

Beautiful Community!

Had a great visit to this Community. Michelle took the time to make us feel welcome and at home. Staff was friendly and were laughing with the residents they were with. We are excited to move forward with this move and never thought we would use the word "excited"! Will absolutley recommend this community, a must see.

Impressed

My tour was with Michelle. She was great. Answered all my questions and showed me a couple of rooms/apartments. I was so impressed the next day I gave them a check for the deposit on an apartment for my mother-in-law. I now feel as if the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders.

Nice community but cost prohibitive

The cost of this community was about 20-25% higher compared to others. The cost was prohibitive, but the community was very nice. The way they distributed medications was very thorough. I also liked that there isn’t just one main thing on their menu, but instead there are about three to four. Another thing that didn’t work was there is no onsite physical therapy.

Very friendly caring staff....

Very friendly caring staff. Many of the residents were out of their rooms and very social.

Awful Experience

Brightview was awful. We passes residents that the guide who was showing us around just totally ignored. They were residents that needed assistance and she ignored the to show us around, like we were the priority. The cleanliness of the place was not great either. The carpets were hideous. We walked in and she took us up to the floor where mom would have been and it was just...we were out there in 10 minutes. I would not consider them.

Good location near my house...

Good location near my house. Looked and smelled clean. Private rooms well kept. Up to level 3 care (Dementia section). Studio room nice size but cost is $4900. Four levels of care.

great...but

people and staff were great thoughtfull and helpful however once my Dad passed we never so much as got a card of condolence.

8/2 Spoke w/Michelle NO OP...

8/2 Spoke w/Michelle NO OPENINGS, Respite depends on availability. All inclusive pricing. Round the clock nurses, Care designed to each individual, meals, laundry, activities, transportation, etc. Don't care for the unavailability.

Cost starts @ 3300 p...

Cost starts @ 3300 plus care. Dad was referred by chem nurse whos mom is currently there for $4000 per month. Dad seemed excited about this one. He is close by and it is a newer building.

Very nice facility - not a residentia...

Very nice facility - not a residential home setting. Best Places to Work award. 'This is the one community, as of yet, that can likely do a quick respite stay, but not sure of long-term payment options.'

Most expensive but the nicest place I...

Most expensive but the nicest place I've seen, only had one room available on the corner so it was mid priced

Most expensive but the nicest place s...

Most expensive but the nicest place so far

Nice place, just not appropiate for t...

Nice place, just not appropiate for the level of care that we need.

Very enjoyable visit. My mother was ...

Very enjoyable visit. My mother was very impressed with this facility. Didn't have a chance to discuss financials but hope to explore further.

Saw Bright view, very nice but also ...

Saw Bright view, very nice but also a little big, maybe not for us.

Once again a lovely place: welcomi...

Once again a lovely place: welcoming, bright and cheery. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Great place but they don't take medic...

Great place but they don't take medicaid waiver

Conveniently located near Bel Air Road in Baltimore County, Maryland, Brightview White Marsh features the best in Assisted Living as well as award-winning Alzheimer's Care in the secure Wellspring Village neighborhood. This warm, friendly community is highly regarded for exceptional quality of care and strong circle of family support.

As soon as you drive into Brightview White Marsh, you’ll see why it is the area’s premier assisted living community. Beautiful grounds, including vegetable, fruit and flower gardens, are just one of the many amenities that empower residents to live to their full potential.

Services and amenities include delicious meals served restaurant-style, housekeeping, scheduled transportation, and flat linen laundry service. A Plan of Care is developed for each resident’s unique needs. And attentive, well-trained staff is always there to provide a helping hand with everything from bathing to managing medications. Registered nurses are on site daily and available around the clock.

Plentiful activities suit a wide array of interests with lots of opportunities for enjoying the area’s attractions and community amenities. Catch up with friends for conversation or current events. Get with the beat at music socials. Drop by the creative arts center, gift shop, or full-service salon. The day is yours to enjoy.

For those with Alzheimer’s and memory limitations, the secure Wellspring Village features carefully designed apartments and living spaces that offer helpful cues for accomplishing everyday tasks. With a full-time Program Director and all-inclusive pricing, Brightview White Marsh adds up to a great value.

Brightview White Marsh serves Parkville, Dundalk, Nottingham, Perry Hall, Rosedale, White Marsh and the surrounding area.