Morningside House At Satyr Hill - Parkville, MD

Helpful staff. Unfortunately, too expensive for us. Their companion room with shared bathroom is $3400/mo plus personal care will be $4000/mo + up.

No independent living. Assisted living only. St. Ursula's Church brings celebrates mass at facility on Thursdays. Facility does not provide transportation to Sunday mass. I politely ended inquiry here because Mom had to give up her daily mass when we took away the car, I don't think she can give up her Sabbath too.

SLC Midwest

We appreciate your feedback, and were sorry to hear that your visit at Morningside House of Satyr Hill was not a five-star experience. We practice an open-door policy, and would love to hear any additional thoughts or comments you may have. Please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thanks!

This place had a more homey feel, as my Mom stated. The grounds are nice too. The staff seemed friendly and accommodating.

SLC Midwest

Thanks so much for sharing your experience; we appreciate your feedback!

Second favorite on final list. Good variety of options and large storage space. Very friendly staff and pleasant place.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your feedback! Our goal is to provide the best possible experience for our residents and families, so if you have any additional questions, please reach out to our Executive Director. Thanks!

Great assisted living option!

The tour of Morningside was positive and the staff was helpful.We decided another option because my parents were looking for more independent living.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Clean. All staff are friendly, helpful and accessible.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review! Please feel free to reach out to us with additional input, as our goal is to be a 5 star community!

Doing as Good as Can be Expected

So far it has been a pretty good experience for my father since his move to this community. He is doing as well as can be expected. They have a good staff, and they are caring for him well overall. I mean no place is perfect, but this is a very nice community. I would recommend it.

Tour for care

I toured this community for the care for my mom. It did not have the feeling that we were looking for. They charge a one time fee for upkeep. They have the additional cost that we were not aware of. I recommend other families tour this community to make sure that they are informed of the cost for the care of a loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank your for taking the time to write a review; we truly appreciate your feedback! We strive to provide very clear information about fees and services and will use your input in our efforts to communicate clearly. If you have additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to the Executive Director.

Very nice place

Our experience with Morningside House at Satyr Hill has been a very good one. It's a nice looking place, the people are friendly, and they take good care of the residents. I would recommend them.

Good Professionalism!

I would have to say that this place is very professional and a terrific place to be. The programs that they offer are wonderful and my loved one is really into them. The only thing that caught my eye and nose was this really bad smell of urine. However, I did here that they had just been taken over by new management so maybe this will be handled.

Very good care

The is a nice community that is very clean and appealing. The staff is very nice and helpful . They have great activities to stay active. I would highly recommend it for others seeking good care for a family member.

SLC Midwest

We thank you for your feedback on our Community. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. We invite you to contact us to learn more about how we can better serve your loved one by calling Chris Richmond at [removed], or email [removed].

The staff is very friendly and they take good care of my Mom.

Very friendly staff

Mom Enjoys The Bingo

The care and everything else is going very well for my mom and she is always looking forward to nickle Bingo nights. The community is a clean and maintained place. She likes the meals and get second helpings if she likes. They offer activities but my mom likes bingo the best.

Many Activities Offered

This community was one of my top picks. It is a very nice community. From what I saw it a very nice, well maintained community. The staff was kind and helpful. There have great rates that fit right in our budget. They have many activities available for the residents. It was a good tour, I enjoyed it.

Pros and Cons of Morningside House at Satyr Hill

In general we find Morningside House at Satyr Hill a very friendly, appropriate and accommodating facility suitable to our father's needs. The pleasant environment has been conducive to his comfortable two year experience as a resident. He has thrived and seems so far to have had a positive experience.
Any issues that have arisen have been expediently addressed by the staff.
At this time our biggest concern is the occasional uncleanliness of his apartment and his unmade bed. Laundry issues have also been a concern due to lost pieces of clothing, bedding, towels, etc. In addition, unidentified laundry has been found among his items. As a result, we have assumed the responsibility of doing his laundry. We are disappointed that there has not been any reduction to his monthly fees since our intervention.
We have also noticed when we have visited on Sundays and sat with Dad in the Sunroom that it has been, at times, very untidy. It is our opinion that housekeeping could be improved throughout the facility and maintained more consistently.
Most importantly, Dad is very happy and content living at Morningside which in turn gives us peace of mind.

Dad's adjusting well.

Dad seems to be happy here. He likes the food and the entertainment. They are placing him in a chair in the lobby more often which he prefers since the wheelchair pillow is fairly hard. His skin looks great, no breakdown or bedsores. I feel he actually looks healthier since he has been there. He seems to like everyone there. It's taking him a little time to adjust but I feel that's normal. He can be very demanding at times but that's nothing new. Overall, I am happy with the way things are going. Keep up the good work.

We are happy with Morningside over all. There is some areas that could use improvement. House keeping staff in residents rooms . Bags are never put in trash cans. Sometimes beds needs to be changed and isn't . I find dirty gloves behind dresser or under bed . Staff comunacation is horrible between aides and family . It seems know one knows anything or doesn't try to find out . Allot of times we have know idea who there aide is or don't see them . I think a notebook or something in residents room with maybe some kind of notes back and forth between aides and families . Family members might be able to give aides or staff important info to help . We feel like we are in the dark sometimes

Katie Byrd

Thank you for letting us know. We will do our best to address your concerns. We appreciate your input and suggestions.

Warm and friendly

we really love being able to see mom in the family portal photos! The staff are always helpful and friendly.

Took a tour.

The Morningside House At Satyr Hill is a beautiful community. It is a great community and is well laid out. The community has an assortment of things to do to keep active. The community was just too far from the family.

Hugs that make a difference!

The nurses, aides and staff at Morningside House Satyr Hill have made my dad´s days happy. Since my mother´s death in 2014 dad has been very lonely. The affection he has received at Morningside House has helped him tremendously. When dad and I walk down the hall he greets every worker he sees with ¨Hi, honey¨and in return he is greeted with a hug that just brightens his day. Dad told me just the other day when we were on our way back to Morningside from a visit to my house that he is happy there because of the kindness that is shown to him. Many thanks to all at Morningside House Satyr Hill! You guys know how to do it right! You truly make a difference!

Started As Respite, Now Permanent Resident

What started as a short respite turned into a permanent move-in. My dad has become more active and is barely in his room now! The staff have helped encourage him and they interact very well with the residents. They have many activities to do all hours of the day. The care is very great, there is no complaints.

Very nice place!

Our experience with Morningside House has been a very positive one, so far! They do an excellent job with their memory care program. They really go out of their way to make sure Mom stays active and socially engaged, and I like they'll check on anyone who doesn't show up to meals or activities. It's a very nice place, overall!

Highly recommended

The staff was extraordinarily kind and helpful and caring.

Caring

A genuinely caring atmosphere

We are pretty happy with them.

We are pretty happy with them. They are very nice, and they are treating her well. We haven't had any issues with billing so far. They were very accommodating with making the adjustments and things like that. The food is hit and miss, but they always have alternatives, and ice cream. Things have been pretty smooth so far.

Nice place, could use more activities

So far things have gone well with Morningside House at Satyr Hill. It's a nice looking community, and the staff seem friendly and professional. However, my loved one has been having a bit of trouble socially. He says the population is on the older side, and the activities aren't quite what he was hoping for.

Something to think about.

The food leaves a lot to be desired. The dining room manager is surly and has an excuse for everything. It doesn't appear that the resident's ideas are listened to. Good stuff like coconut shrimp. donuts, pastries, etc have all but disappeared from the menu. There used to be someone cleaning the common area and hallways daily, but that has disappeared. Concierges are very friendly. Used to bring snacks to room, now residents have to make their way down to the first floor for them. No way to get coffee or hot tea except at mealtimes. Inquiries about conditions are usually met with disbelief or the assumption that the resident is old and doesn't know what they are talking about.
Needs to have surprise visits and for the bigwigs to eat the slop they serve the residents. Things would improve for sure.

Nice place, overall

We're pleased with how things have gone so far at Morningside House at Satyr Hill! It's a clean, well kept community, and the staff do a great job looking after the residents. They're friendly, attentive, and communicative. They're great about staying on top of care needs and keeping us in the loop about how our loved ones are doing.

A New Home For My Parents

From the very first contact I had with Beth, the staff at Morningside House was friendly, helpful, and supportive. I was out of state when I began my search for a facility for my parents so everything was being done through e-mail and phone. My parents are now settled in their new home and are both very happy. They enjoy the good food and the conscientious caring of the nurses and aides. I am confident that they will be well taken care of.

It's a good place I am happy with it.

The food could be a little better, they get plenty of it, but they get a lot of stringy stuff, they get snap peas instead of green beans sometimes, and that is a stringy shell. They are pretty attentive and it's a pretty good place. I don't really have any complaints, there are little things that could be improved but nothing I can point out at the moment. They have been accommodating. It's a good place I am happy with it.

Needs more offsite activities.

My mom moved in about 2 months ago and is doing very well there. What I liked most about Cedar Hill was the onsite physical therapy that was offered, the way they handled medication distribution at the correct times and amounts. I rated activities a 3 because I was a disappointed in the offsite activities they provided. It would be nice if there was an activity once a week, but there is only a bus that comes twice a month.

Good job overall, but very expensive

My loved one lived here for a time, and the care they provided was excellent. It's a nice looking place, and the staff were all very friendly and professional. However, it is also very expensive and it just wasn't a permanent option for our loved one.

Very nice facility. Met wit...

Very nice facility. Met with Katie and she was very nice. It was too far for the visiting we will be doing. Cost was also higher than Rocks Spring Village.

small rooms, pull cords in ...

small rooms, pull cords in rooms. Pricey for what they have to offer.

Really liked the facility and staff. ...

Really liked the facility and staff. Loved the individual room set up, yet had a neighbor close by with the other room in the same unit. Atmosphere was very home-like and friendly.

Nice facility. Staff was friendly. ...

Nice facility. Staff was friendly. The dementia unit is located on two separate floors. The second floor does not offer an outdoor space. However the first floor does. Facility not as bright and cheerful as some of the others.

I was very impressed. The staff were ...

I was very impressed. The staff were nice and there were plenty of them.The discussion and tour lasted an hour-longer than most, which is a good thing. Residents seemed like they were active. Cost is a factor.

For elegant assisted living, Morningside House at Satyr Hill in Parkville, Maryland, features a comfortable environment nestled near one of the nation's premiere cities: Baltimore. With ready access to a host of amenities, Morningside House at Satyr Hill offers a comfortable and independent living situation for the senior in your life. It's all about community, and Parkville offers an abundance of amenities that guarantees a quality of life that can't be beat.

Living at Morningside House at Satyr Hill in Parkville, MD

Morningside House is situated at 8800 Old Harford Road and was built in 1999 on the site of a former plant nursery. It got a new face with renovated upgrades in 2013. Today, residents have a range of housing options to fit their lifestyle. Studios, companion apartments, and traditional bedrooms are available.

Morningside House features open and comfortable floor plans that allow residents to socialize with visitors, family members, and fellow neighbors. Additionally, residents can enjoy a day at the spa or get gussied up at the barbershop and beauty salon before taking a stroll along a beautifully maintained walking path for a breath of fresh air.

The caring and dedicated staff includes a licensed 24/7 nursing team, which means our residents and their family members can rest easy knowing that all their needs are being met in a secure environment. Emergency call response and security are available for those with dementia. Whether residents want to jump in and enjoy an array of fun filled activities or just sit and watch their favorite television show with their new friends, they can easily find someone to socialize with.

Living in Parkville, Maryland

Residents in Parkville, Maryland, are 20 miles from downtown Baltimore, which offers a small town feel with big city amenities. Conveniently located, Parkville features a Walkability score of 51, which means many errands are within a short walking distance. Parkville senior residents are well served by a mature healthcare system and a transportation network that is readily available.

Medical Care

An array of medical facilities and senior living facilities dot the landscape of Parkville. The national average is 210 physicians per 100,000 people, but Parkville enjoys an enviable 348 doctors per 100,000 people. The nearby Good Samaritan Hospital is available for residents in need of medical care. Other facilities include:

- Nursing Homes: Perring Parkway Center and Cromwell Center.
- Home Health Center: Bayada Nurses.
- Dialysis Facility: Harford Road Dialysis Center.

Transportation Network

Getting from Point A to Point B is easy in Parkville. Served by the Maryland Transportation Administration, public transportation is available via municipal buses, light rail, and no fewer than three Amtrak stations within a scant 20 miles of Morningside House at Satyr Hill. Additionally, for regional, national, or international travel, the greater Baltimore area is served by Baltimore-Washington International Airport.

Entertainment in Parkville, Maryland

All the cultural and entertainment activities of Baltimore are waiting for Morningside House at Satyr Hill residents, but there are many senior activities closer to home. For example, the Parkville Senior Center, located at 8601 Harford Road, offers numerous activities for active seniors, including:

- Classes
- Leisure activities
- Special events
- Day trips
- Community meals

Given its excellent location, Morningside House at Satyr Hill is at the center an active lifestyle for area seniors. This makes Morningside House at Satyr Hill the ideal assisted living facility for the senior in your life.