A good experience!

My loved one is doing pretty good, he is still adjusting. When I go during lunch, it kind of seems like they always serve turkey sandwiches. It might be because I go the same day every week. The facility is clean and organized, and everyone there is friendly. It is on the smaller scale but it works out for my loved one.

Taking a break

Food was delicious and the day staff was very efficient, caring and a total delight to be around. During my time there it felt like home in many ways. The night person could be more patient and understanding with residents. My overall stay was enjoyable.

Don't go there

No activities for residents, the place smells like urine, they ask how much you have, then that becomes your price. Numerous times I went to see my mother she had not been showered for 3 days and cried the staff was mean to her. The staff smoked her cigarettes and put her in diapers even though she isn't incontinent. And no activities??? And they never gave me a copy of my contract or what I owe. Some nice "nurse run" facility. I think she's a bit to big for her britches and money hungry. My mom had marks on her arm from where the staff pushed her in the shower

The room that was suggested for my mom smelled like urine, the place in general seemed like a Minnie nursing home, did not seem like home.

Could Be Better

The place is located in a Victorian type house that's well maintained outside. The rocking chairs on the porch make it look homey. I was disappointed to find they have no activities at all for the residents. Each time we visited our brother, he was in bed, even when we came as early as 6:45 p.m. At no time, did we find residents engaged in activities or even socializing. It seems they feed the clients and put them in bed as soon as possible. Most of the time the place was fairly clean but on occasion there has been the strong stench of urine as we entered. The staff member with whom we interacted briefly was friendly.

Needs to engage residents more

They don't have any activities and that's what I don't like. I think that overall, it's satisfactory for the price and the services that are rendered. They don't have any regularly shceduled activities for their residents to participate in, they just have them sitting around watching TV and they don't engage their residents. They need to hae a structured activity program with things a couple of times a week to engage them more.
It was one of the palces that was recommended for our price range, we have 4 or 5 different facilities we looked at and of those choices we liked this one best. The management staff was very warms and friendly and it was more of a home environment instead of a nursing facility and that was more attractive to us.

I toured this facility and ...

I toured this facility and met Leslie Hardesty, who is a nurse. Looks like they provide good care, price was reasonable. Seem to be very good at the health care side. Okay old Victorian building, very clean, a bit cluttered. Bad neighborhood, near Northern Parkway, but they had ample parking in the back. Low rates. Also, pledged to be a 'lifecare community' said she had people that were bedridden and on feeding tubes. Semi private @ $3200/month. One month move in. Said doctor visits facility once a month. Did not presently have Phys Therapy for any resident. A few residents NOT elderly. Dementia residents with general community if not wondering.