The staff actually cared about the residents.
They were friendly and helpful.

Pumphrey Family Compliments and Praise

Great Staff and the leadership is Top Shelf!! ([Name removed] feels like a sister to me. She responds to our every request promptly and effectively! SuperStar! When I thought all was lost for my Dad, [name removed] and her team came to our rescue.

Forever Grateful

We are so grateful to the staff at Esther's Place for the kind and compassionate care they provided to my father during his time there.

He had a seizure disorder, complicated by Parkinson's and needed a lot of assistance. He was always treated with dignity and respect.

We got to know [Name removed] and [Name removed] quite well during that time and can honestly say they are devoted to their patients and staff.

Forever grateful!

Esther's Place

Great place. Very dedicated staff.

Great place for the elderly that can no longer be in their homes, but still feels like home.

Warm, friendly, caring.

I have known the Owners of Esther's Place for over a year and toured their four AL homes, and they are knowledgeable, friendly, and consummate professionals. They truly care about the residents and their families, and have created a wonderful and respectful home-like environment for all.

Top notch affordable care

Beautiful home like atmosphere. Responsive staff and management . My friend was a client there for many years and had nothing to say but positive remarks . I would recommend this to anyone looking for a quality place for there love ones .

The staff and management have always been courteous, professional and responsive in all of my dealings with them.

Good carr

Staff are s very friendly, House is clean my aunt is well taken care of. Most people go to daycare. Price is reasonable. Nurses that own are very responsive

Esther’s Place Angels

My mother-in-law was a resident of Esther’s Place for about 5 1/2 years. I cannot say enough about the care she received there. She was in a different facility before that which was horrendous and we were so thankful to find such a wonderful place to live. We never had to worry about the care she received. The home was beautiful, always immaculate, and she received three home cooked meals a day, snacks.

Whenever my mother-in-law was admitted to the hospital and would be ready for discharge, they would always say, “Bring Ms. [Name removed] home. We can do more for her here than rehab. HOME was the key word. It truly was a home, not just a facility. We always called the staff the Esther Place Angels and they truly are.

Affordable and friendly! The owners were flexible and easy to talk to. They listened to my family when we if we had concerns and always answered our questions. The staff really cares. They held cookouts and parties for holidays. Personally, I would have liked to see more daily activities, but it's a small operation. Being small also comes with advantages like home cooked meals and more personal interaction.

Home away from home

I have had two family members utilize this facility. My great aunt went there when she needed care and she loved it. She was always happy and glad not to be alone. She was at Strathmore, My father was in a different one but the same management. Both houses were very much like home. The staff was very courteous and accommodating.

If you want a family member to be in a home like atmosphere at a reasonable cost, this is the place for you. I feel like large assisted livings feel like nursing homes. Esther's place feels like an extended family home.

This was a very stressful time for our family, and Esther's Place made it a lot easier. I am grateful and highly recommend this assisted living.

Suck

It suck i wouldn't send a [language removed] person there .it all bout the money these people's look like they die around here . It need to be close down .

A good experience!

My loved one is doing pretty good, he is still adjusting. When I go during lunch, it kind of seems like they always serve turkey sandwiches. It might be because I go the same day every week. The facility is clean and organized, and everyone there is friendly. It is on the smaller scale but it works out for my loved one.

Taking a break

Food was delicious and the day staff was very efficient, caring and a total delight to be around. During my time there it felt like home in many ways. The night person could be more patient and understanding with residents. My overall stay was enjoyable.

Don't go there

No activities for residents, the place smells like urine, they ask how much you have, then that becomes your price. Numerous times I went to see my mother she had not been showered for 3 days and cried the staff was mean to her. The staff smoked her cigarettes and put her in diapers even though she isn't incontinent. And no activities??? And they never gave me a copy of my contract or what I owe. Some nice "nurse run" facility. I think she's a bit to big for her britches and money hungry. My mom had marks on her arm from where the staff pushed her in the shower

The room that was suggested for my mom smelled like urine, the place in general seemed like a Minnie nursing home, did not seem like home.

Could Be Better

The place is located in a Victorian type house that's well maintained outside. The rocking chairs on the porch make it look homey. I was disappointed to find they have no activities at all for the residents. Each time we visited our brother, he was in bed, even when we came as early as 6:45 p.m. At no time, did we find residents engaged in activities or even socializing. It seems they feed the clients and put them in bed as soon as possible. Most of the time the place was fairly clean but on occasion there has been the strong stench of urine as we entered. The staff member with whom we interacted briefly was friendly.

Needs to engage residents more

They don't have any activities and that's what I don't like. I think that overall, it's satisfactory for the price and the services that are rendered. They don't have any regularly shceduled activities for their residents to participate in, they just have them sitting around watching TV and they don't engage their residents. They need to hae a structured activity program with things a couple of times a week to engage them more.
It was one of the palces that was recommended for our price range, we have 4 or 5 different facilities we looked at and of those choices we liked this one best. The management staff was very warms and friendly and it was more of a home environment instead of a nursing facility and that was more attractive to us.

I toured this facility and ...

I toured this facility and met Leslie Hardesty, who is a nurse. Looks like they provide good care, price was reasonable. Seem to be very good at the health care side. Okay old Victorian building, very clean, a bit cluttered. Bad neighborhood, near Northern Parkway, but they had ample parking in the back. Low rates. Also, pledged to be a 'lifecare community' said she had people that were bedridden and on feeding tubes. Semi private @ $3200/month. One month move in. Said doctor visits facility once a month. Did not presently have Phys Therapy for any resident. A few residents NOT elderly. Dementia residents with general community if not wondering.