Brighton Gardens of Middletown - Middletown, NJ

The main complaint my mother has repeatedly told me is the food. Outside of that we have been pleased with our choice.

Overall happy with Brighton Gardens

The staff at Brighton Gardens is very caring and most are very helpful, which is extremely important, especially when your loved one has to go into Memory Care. The nursing staff is very good as well. They keep me well informed of what is happening with my loved one. They have an MD come in once a week and a nurse practitioner that also comes in once a week. They also have a pediatrist that comes in every other week. They take vitals (weight, BP, pulse, etc) once a month so that they can proactively spot any health changes. They are also able to do certain ultrasounds right at the facility too. This type of care is key because it means that we don't have to take her out to an unfamiliar place and wait for a long period of time. The facility itself is very nice, very bright and inviting and very clean. The rooms are small but functional. The food in the memory care unit is good but I wish there more choices. I also wish they would spend a little more time feeding the residents things that they really like.

Overall, I am very happy with Brighton Gardens. I do have a couple of things that I wish would be better. First, the administrator doesn't return calls most of the time. You have to call back several times before you get a return call. Second, I wish there were more aids in the memory care unit. They have the limit required by the state but let's face it, that is just not enough. The aids they have do a great job but it's hard for them with such a limited staff. I wish there were more activities for the people in memory care. They do have a great activities director, but again, with limited people it's hard to do a lot of things to engage each individual. The activities director also doesn't allow the TV on during the day, which I can understand but if people are going to just sit around with nothing to do then at least let them watch some TV. The other thing that really bugs me (and most of the family of the people in the memory care unit) is that they can't keep track of who's clothes are who's, even though we put name tags into the clothes. I don't understand why this is so difficult but every time I visit my loved one she either has someone else's clothes on or I see her clothes on someone else. Finally, if your loved has to leave the facility to go to the hospital, for example, they still charge you for the nursing care and medication care for the first 3 days they are gone. The excuse I got was that they plan nurses for a certain number of people. I find it very hard to believe that 1 person not being at the facility is going to make that much difference in the nursing schedule. In the case of my loved one, who is at the highest level of daily care, this meant about $500 that I had to pay even though she was not receiving the care.

Nice place compared to others

Very caring staff. Rooms are a nice size with bigger closets than some of the other places I toured. It is clean and updated.

I visited and was met by [name removed], who was very nice. Alison then answered all my questions and took me on a tour of the facility. I thought the place was wonderful. It was very clean and the clients that I saw seemed happy and well cared for, enjoying games, doing physical therapy or just enjoying company. Very nice community.

Of the facilities, we toured by [Removed] the best from a facility, staff and activities POV.

Very cozy and intimate atmosphere

My mother-in-law wasn't crazy about going into assisted living to begin with.The staff is really trying to get her involved in activities she interested in and are very supportive. The housekeeping comes in daily to empty trash cans and clean up and monthly for deep cleaning. We had lunch while visiting and the food was very good.My mother-in-law is an excellent cook and she likes the food too.We choose this community because of it's intimate, cozy atmosphere. We could picture her there and it is decorated in the style she likes. We felt it was better suited for her and it wouldn't be overwhelming.

Care for a loved one

I like this community for the care of my grandmother. The staff is very kind and helpful. The meals could use some small improvements. She is active with the other residents and that is good to know she is enjoying the activities that are offered. The community is clean and well maintained. I would recommend the care of this community to other families.

Good tour

My tour of this community was a nice one. Everyone was very friendly, and welcoming. The community looked great, and very well maintained.

The level of care is extraordinary!!

I would highly recommend this community. They keep the community very clean and well maintained. My mother in law always says the food is good and they take good care of me. She is doing better since moving into this community. The doctors there have helped with her Alzheimer's. I would like to see the staff use the residents names more often when interacting with them.

Good care

My mom is happy here at this community. The staff is friendly and helpful. They do offer activities. The food is very good and a variety. We would recommend this community to others.

Nice but too many elderly sitting and waiting for help after lunch. Got me a little spooked.

Mom Is Well Here

So far everything working out pretty for my mother here at this community. I know she is safe and being cared for well. They have a very helpful staff, they have been great to work with. They do a good job with the cleanliness, everything is very well maintained. It has been a good experience and I would recommend this community.

Pretty Patient Staff

My experience with this community has been okay so far. My parents are safe and overall I'am comfortable with the care they are providing them. There are times when I have to ask the staff to do a better job with their personal care. It is a nice and clean facility, they do a pretty good job with the cleanliness. They have been pretty patient with my parents. There are activities offered for the residents.

Mobility

When we went there to visit on time I saw all these people moving around, wheeling up here and moving down there. The mobility that the residents had was amazing. They all seemed happy to be there.

Very friendly care staff!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Brighton Gardens! It's a nice looking place, and the staff is friendly and caring! The care managers here make you feel like they really want to take care of you, it doesn't feel like you're imposing on them or bothering them. They're very personable, accommodating, and giving. We're really enjoying it here!

Active place with good staff

I toured this facility with Greg. He was a very knowledgable in regards to my questions. I saw a broad variety of patients. Some very old or disabled with walkers and wheelchairs. Some were younger, speedy and active. The dining options were much better than some of the places my mother has been to. There was a lot going on when I walked through. Some people were playing cards and others were out on a shopping trip. I did my tour without my wife. When the director of the place called the next day it was perfect timing. My wife had a list of questions I didn't think to ask and Kelly answered them all. We feel very comfortable in choosing Brighton Gardens when my mom decides to move.

Very expensive but very accommodating

It's Very expensive. You don't get much bang for your buck. Other than that, its very clean. They have very friendly staff. The Food is good. They are very accommodating. Everything has been going pretty good.

Awesome!

My Mom was welcomed into the Brighton Gardens of Middletown Assisted Living facility just 2 short months ago. It was here that she received the absolute best care any daughter could ever want for a loved one. Every single person that I encountered had a smile always and treated my Mother with compassion, patience and sensitivity. As her health failed they made sure she had additional hospice care and finally 24 hour hospice care, by their wonderful partners, Embracing HospiceCare. The CNA's and RN's at Brighton Gardens are second to none. I say this, not without prior experience with which to compare. She lived for 7 years in independent living and began her journey into rehab, respite care and hospital stays at which point we decided that a smaller, homier environment would be a better choice. I never expected that the Brighton Gardens team would embrace a newbie so lovingly. They made an effort to get to know my Mom, her likes, dislikes and routine so that they could provide her with the highest level of care.
As my mother failed into 24 hour care the Care Managers, CNA's, and RN's continued to provide loving, gentle care to Mom.
If you are looking for an environment for a loved one to spend the last leg of their journey, I would highly suggest meeting with the folks at Brighton Gardens. I am 100% sure they will not let you down. Thank you everyone at Brighton Gardens for your support and love during a most stressful and sad time! I am forever grateful.

Nice place, overall. Billing system could use improvement.

In terms of the cleanliness of the community and the friendliness of the staff I think they do an excellent job at Brighton Gardens of Middletown. However, there are a few ways I think they could improve. I feel they are a little lacking in terms of activities. My biggest issue with them is their billing system, it could be much more straightforward.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously. We’d like to learn more about your experience. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com so that we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

A big disappointment!!

I had such high hopes for this place but it turned out to be a very huge disappointment. I saw 3 executive directors come and go in less than a year. That should have told me something. There seems to be a big disconnect from the top down administration and they seem to only care about making more money and ripping off the poor residents. You get this great sales pitch and a low price when you come in and then BANG! Every month the bill comes and the price keeps increasing!! When I would call to question it, I was told my mother's needs changed. In a month!! This went on for almost a year till I felt that it was time to take her out and I'm very happy that I did. No one from the administrative staff ever reached out to me to discuss other options. There was such a lack of caring at the top levels. Administration needs to be more sensitive to the needs of the residents and their families. We are struggling with parents with different levels of Alzheimer's and to have to deal with cold, inconsiderate staff who only worry about the almighty dollar is disheartening and sad!

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information (At) SunriseSeniorLiving (Dot) com with further details and your contact information so we can address. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

unlimited resources I would recommend but it is very costly said over all I would give it a 3 star... the cleanliness of property was good There's a high 1st bill the value of the facility is decent, a lot of people stop working there, mom was not getting showers the 1st couple of weeks..now getting 1 shower a week due to what mom said.

My experiance

Staff seems very caring and patient. Solicitous of my mothers needs and cheerfully willing to assist as needed.

Beautiful, friendly community

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Just like their title suggests, Brighton Gardens is a bright, beautiful community! The staff seem like very caring people, and they have all sorts of activities for the residents. I also liked that all of the rooms were wheelchair friendly. I can't think of a negative thing to say about the place, I'm sure they'd do a great job looking after my loved one.

A great place to live.

My 90 year old mother took to this community so well. She loves the companionship from the other residents, the friendliness from the staff and the assistance she receives each day. The staff is very attentive and it helped her fall into the routine very easily. She feel safe and comfortable and that's makes me and my siblings satisfied and very at ease.

my mom loves living there

My mom loves the activities..the friendliness and the comfort of her room

nice place, but not for us

The sales pitch we received at Brighton Gardens of Middletown was kind of unpleasantly aggressive and I felt that there was a bit of a bait and switch. That and the fact that it was a very large place contributed to our decision to take mom elsewhere. We ended up putting her in a smaller place where we felt she could receive the sort of attention she needs.

Brighton Gardens of Middletown seems like a nice place and I am sure it works out great for many, but it turned out not to be for us and we did not like the sales pitch.

Friendly- Clean - FUN

I took my Mother here for a 30 day respite because I was going on vacation. She was very hesitant and sad at first, by the first week she was smiling and felt happy that everyone on the staff knew her name. I would recommend Brighton Gardens to anyone looking for a place for their Mom or Dad.

Brighton Gardens of Middleton is real...

Brighton Gardens of Middleton is really great. We checked out a couple other places before choosing this one, but this one seemed to have everything right. The staff is so nice, very upbeat, and compassionate. They are very easy to work with, and very easy to reach someone when we need to. The food is very good. They have a lot of food choices, even wine and beer is an option. Overall I'm happy with the service they provide to my father.

Nice place!

Everything has gone very well so far! My loved one really seem to enjoy it here! It's a nice looking, clean, and well kept community. The staff are all very friendly, and seem to be very attentive to the needs of the residents.

I really liked this facilit...

I really liked this facility, they say there is a special but than you have a community fee and than if the community fee is negotiated than the special don't apply and since there are 2 other tiers of costs I really loved it but need to think of my mom's funds

They are very clean, and they groomed him well and he was always clean.

There is one thing I would like to see improved, it's their activities. They herd everyone into a small room and they sit around and unless you can do bingo, or play certain board games, it's not very stimulating. For them to have some more active, activities, I think would be nice. The food would be about a 3.5 or a 4. The sales people were very nice. They are very clean, and they groomed him well and he was always clean.

I liked the way the staff interacted with the residents.

It was a nice facility. It's just off the highway and not tucked away enough for me. I liked the way the staff interacted with the residents. I took a ride down the elevator with the cat, that was interesting.

Very pleased!

Very accommodating in terms of seeking our commitment, provided 4 pieces of beautiful furniture for the unit even though their units are typically unfurnished. They were also very accommodating with my schedule, they were very good about working with me even though I am out of state. However, we negotiated one price that was supposed to last a year, but the price already went up, currently negotiating with them. The price problems seem to be from the corporate end, not with the staff of this facility.

The staff is very friendly and helpfu...

The staff is very friendly and helpful. My parents have nothing but praise for their new home.

No complaints

We chose Brighton Gardens because my siblings and I all liked it. We found the staff to be very friendly, it's close to where I live so I can visist frequently. I have not tried it but have heard the food is fine. I would recommend Brighton Gardens to others.

Brighton Gardens provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family. Frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.