The Chelsea at Forsgate - Monroe Township, NJ

The Chelsea at Forsgate - Monroe Township, NJ has yet not published prices.

• 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • On-site Nurse
  • Certified Dementia Practioner
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs

Highly Recommend

My Mother was in need of a Senior Living Facility and I contacted the Chelsea at Forsgate. The facility and the staff was wonderful, accommodating and answered all of my questions openly and honestly. I was even provided a tour on very short notice. What was impressive that on the day I was to tour the facility, the amount of residents sitting in the common area, reading, listening to music, talking - it was nice to see them socializing and not sitting in their rooms; unfortunately the location in Monroe was not convenient for my mother and our family but I am holding on to their Brochure in case our situation should change. This would be the First phone call I wold make.

Mom enjoyed every aspect of her time at Chelsea at Forsgate. The staff was caring, competent, compassionate and considerate of Mom’s wants and needs. Mom even loved the food and enjoyed sitting through both the early and late dining time each day.
Words cannot express how grateful I am to the Chelsea at Forsgate family for embracing Mom in everything that mattered and making every day worthwhile. 😊

Outstanding

Very friendly staff that wanna help . When I was there I saw a great activity going on that was a theme Casino day . Cleanliness was spot on .happy about my decision to bring my mom here . Happy smiles everyday I walk in a great place

Wish it was what I thought it was....

They were warm and sweet and friendly and listed all of their amenities and boasted just how lively and wonderful this place was. Petrified to make this next step for my parent, I felt this place was thriving and the answer to our prayers.

Sadly it was not. The staff is denfensive and moody the minute you have a problem. You can never get a hold of anyone as the aids and staff that take care of your loved one are not consistent. There are limited activities. The worst part- items missing, stealing, and staff members on their phones. While there are some lovely people, the charm and excitement to get my loved one was enough to sign the deal, and I haven’t seen any of that love since. There’s a lack of humanity that I’m not sure is a trait one can fix.

Such kindess & joy!!

My mother, [name removed] has been so pleased with the kindness and excellent job that the aides are doing. The aides are making sure mom takes her medication on time and promptly. When the aides bathe my mom, they are gentle and kind with mom. I want to recognize the staff at Chelsea Forsgate for their excellent care.

Home Away From Home

I am resident here at The Chelsea Forsgate and have been for over a year.
Staying at Forsgate is a little different from being at home, but very close to my home environment.
The staff is just like family members to me.
Staff will reach out and helps me with anything I need.
If you are considering a move for yourself or someone in your family I highly recommend Chelsea Forsgate.

Stay Away

This is a horrible facility. My Mom was not taken care of well at all. She had to be placed into a nursing home because of this god-awful place. She had 2 bad falls. At the hospital they found her malnourished and dehydrated. She had to have a feeding tube placed.
She had horrible edema in both her legs. The edema was so bad she has permanent tissue damage. One of the falls cut her leg so badly that the skin will never fully heal because of the tissue damage.
I can't say enough bad things about this place, please please stay away. They are truly only it for the money.

Wonderful, caring staff

My brother and I put our mother into the Chelsea at Forsgate and we are so glad we did. Our mom was in the Memory Care at Chelsea until the day she passed away.

The staff at Chelsea were wonderful! The nurses kept my brother and I informed about mom's care each step of the way, as her condition deteriorated. The staff and nurses were always available to us if we had any questions.

My brother went all different times to visit our mother, and he commented more than once, that he was very happy with the aides, and staff.

Toward the end of mom's life, we were very grateful to the Grace Hospice staff and their team.

Our experience was excellent, and we would recommend The Chelsea at Forsgate to anyone looking for a place for their loved one.

[Name removed]

To the entire staff of The Chelsea at Forsgate- May 2018

To the entire staff of The Chelsea at Forsgate Monroe Twp, NJ
May 18, 2018
Very early today my Uncle [Name removed] passed away. Also today he was buried. In the Jewish faith we bury the deceased quickly if possible. Everyone did what was necessary to ensure this happened efficiently and promptly.
I want to thank each and every team member because my uncle was happy at The Chelsea. At first, it was a big adjustment but he acclimated quickly due to the loving care and attention he got every day from every person there.
For me, it all started with [Name removed]. I interviewed many such facilities in Jackson, near my uncle's prior home and in Monroe, near my home. I chose The Chelsea not only because of its proximity, but because of [Name removed] and also [Name removed]. Both were very assuring and so I believed he would get the proper care; my conclusion proved sound.
Nurses [Name removed], [Name removed], and [Name removed]were wonderful. They kept me informed at all times. They called if there was an issue. They took great care of his needs. They welcomed me each time I visited. They were not just his nurses; they were his friends (and mine too). Dr. [Name removed]was wonderful. [Name removed]and the team downstairs in the Cottage were fabulous. I wish I could remember everyone's names. So many, all were terrific...Associates I can describe but cannot recall their names, for that I apologize. Everyone always made me feel welcome and provided care and concern for my uncle. He ate with the V.I.P.s and he truly felt he was just that- a VIP.
This morning when I went to his room at 6 AM to see him one last time, I was so impressed that 2 staff members who tended to him came to say their goodbyes. Clearly, though he has passed, he wasn't just another short term visitor. They treated him with care, respect, and with loving attentiveness even after he was gone.
The Grace hospice team was exceptional. [Name removed] and [Name removed] deserve huge kudos for the care they provided in his final days. Thanks as well to [Name removed], the social worker, and the Rabbi who came to offer prayers and blessings and give support to me and my family...
I suppose this is a love letter of sorts. I love every single person who made my Uncle's time at The Chelsea enjoyable. Yes enjoyable. He adored the staff. And he loved the food! He had Sloppy Joes for the first time and loved them! He also enjoyed festivities, especially the music.
Uncle [Name removed] was a loner for many years. But he was never lonely at The Chelsea. I will be forever grateful that you gave him joy these last few months. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and bless you all for the wonderful work you do. My family and I are so very appreciative...
- [Name removed]

Nasty place not worth staying

This place is the worst ever. Don't put your family member in there. It's nothing but a front just to get your money. I give this place a ZERO rating. Reaping with urine, food sucks, workers sitting around on cell phones, loud talking amongst t h.g themselves, patients not being properly watch. Male patients walking around trying to get in doors. Items missing from rooms. They are a bunch of money hogging staffers and rude liars about this place. Nothing they say is true. I suggest you look elsewhere their poor rating speaks volumes.

I am unfamiliar with the other Chelsea ALF but I can tell you that this location is poorly run. There is frequent turnover of administration as well as staff. My loved one has fallen several times over the past few months. Response time is 20-30 minutes each time. I find this unacceptable with regards to quality of care and it is atrocious for the price they charge these residents. We have had issues with missed showers, missing prescriptions and roaming residents stealing from my parent. Attitude is poor from the top all the way to the bottom. It is obvious by the way occupancy has doubled in the past 18 months that they are more worried about the bottom line than the well being of their residents. My loved one was in an ALF in a different state - very different and a very enjoyable experience. Do your homework before sending your loved one here.

Poor Rude Hell Hole

This facility has been renovated but what lies under beauty and decor is another story its what o call "plastic" "phony" there is two realities I actually toured the facility the marketer Cheryl was smiling yet her tone of voice and poor eye contact showed me she was not wanting to tour us she had no knowledge of the speciality care memory impaired unit which was nicely decorated due to holiday yet smell of urine overwhelming there was two workers sitting conversing to each other one had cell in hand few residents sitting alone no interaction a activity going on with group of 9 by bubbly older woman named regina who introduced herself Cheryl did not there was trash stuck in handrails on walls the nurse [removed] thin physically eating standing over med cart On tour of second floor I was introduced to the director of nurses who appeared irritated unfriendly in corridor I heard loud conversation by large sized african [removed] in wellness where she stated "im tired of these residents and their [removed]" She was talking to a young man I was sad to see how Chelsea a well known healthcare company had lowered standards but as I sat in lobby I did have insight by conversing with a resident who informed me the place was the pits and blamed administration stated she does nothing we have no rights well clearly id never put my mom here now

Located in Monroe Township, New Jersey, The Chelsea at Forsgate offers assisted living and memory care. We aim for our residents to maintain an active and independent lifestyle within a caring and supportive environment. We offer a Lifestyle program that encourages residents to get to know their peers through numerous discussion activities, clubs, and social gatherings. If staying in isn’t your loved one’s idea of a good time, we also offer weekly bus trips to shop and run errands, as well as dining outings to local restaurants and a monthly trip to Parx Casino. When not in scheduled programs, residents often enjoy relaxing in the window lined parlor, where you can often find a resident or guest tickling the ivories on our community piano.

Those with dementia or other memory impairments are welcome in the Country Cottage, a secure environment with 24 hour, specially trained staff and separate dining and activities.

Featuring a wellness team that can tend to all your loved one’s needs and a housekeeping and maintenance team that aims to keep our community in impeccable shape, you can be sure your loved one is leading a worry-free life at The Chelsea at Forsgate.