Spring Hills Somerset - Somerset, NJ

Happy With Spring Hills

We moved our Mother her from another facility and we are so glad we did. The facility is bright and the grounds are lovely. The staff at Spring Hills is a group of very caring individuals. From the front desk receptionist to the dining staff, the nursing staff and the care givers you get an attitude of caring from each person. The facility is clean, the staff keeps everything top notch. Very happy with Spring Hills.

Dear Jackie,
Thank you for your 5 Star review! We appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Spring Hills is like Family

I consider Spring Hills at Somerset as my Mom’s second family. My mother has been a resident of Spring Hills for 10 years. Every staff member takes the time to get to know each resident and treats them as if they were their own family. My mother’s medical care provided by the nursing staff has been excellent. Her daily caregivers are compassionate, energetic, and patient. The housekeeping staff take pride in their work and are friendly and caring to the residents. The dining staff and chef create a restaurant experience and allow the residents to enjoy their meals in a relaxed and social setting. My mother looks forward to socializing with her friends at each meal. My experience with the business office has been nothing but positive. Overall, I would highly recommend Spring Hills at Somerset and are grateful for the care they have given my mother.

Dear Michelle,
Thank you for being part of our family. We appreciate the time you took to leave a review and share your positive experience. This is valuable feedback to help families make decisions for their loved one.

Top Notch Service

From our initial site visit to today, SpringHill staff has been welcoming, friendly, caring and attentive. Consistently! Managers, concierge, receptionist, wait staff, nurses and aides - everyone! They even worked extra hard to get Mom in the room she needed with only 2 days notice! We loved the one month trial period that helped us have time to evaluate the service and get acquainted with the costs of assisted living.

Friends who have visited agree with me that there isn't that "unpleasant smell" associated with such facilities!

Of course, some of the patients are lonely and not quite fully "present" but that is the nature of assisted living. I've been there every day (except for two days) since [date removed] at all different times of days and the care for Mom and her needs has been top notch.

I really appreciate the monthly visit from the dietitian and the willingness of the staff to adjust mom's care based on her changing needs. The nurses on site are always patient and kind when I have questions.

Mom loves having meals outside in the courtyard and we do that frequently now that the days are warmer. The wait staff is willing to bring her meals outside so we can do that. It sometimes takes a while to get waited on yet that makes sense, given the attention they give to each patient as a meal is chosen.

Both the clients and the staff seem positive and enjoy the experience. There are a good number of clients who are happy and look forward to greeting me everyday I visit Mom.

I warmly recommend SpringHills!

Dear Eunice Au,
Thank you for your enthusiastic review. We aspire to exceed the expectations of our residents and families. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

My brother is in a much better place!

My husband and I moved our brother-in-law to Spring Hills more than a year ago. Our experience of the service and care at this facility has been wonderful. People have gone out of their way to make my brother's experience a good one full of stimulation. He and his wife love the food and are the first ones to arrive in the dining hall (with white tablecloths and menus!) for each meal. We were very concerned that they were becoming isolated and at risk of falling when living on their own. Being a Spring Hills offers them a lot of daily interactions with other residents and staff, great trips to shops and to casinos and great entertainment. My brother often calls me to tell me about the musical entertainment they've offered the residents. I feel very assured that he is in an excellent place with many caring individuals.

Dear Sister-In-Law,
Thank you for sharing your initial concerns and experience. Positive reviews like this help families make decisions for themselves or their loved ones. We appreciate your support and feedback!

Springhills Somerset

My mother has been a resident of Spring Hills Somerset Assisted Living fot 18 months. I am very involved in her care and spent a great deal of time investigating assisted living facilities before deciding upon spring hills. My family and I are extremely happy that we made the decision to move Mom there. The care and services she has been provided while living there have been awesome! The full schedule of activities that are provided each day keeps my mom engaged and busy all day long. The entire staff: the concierge, nursing staff, caregivers, and activity leaders are extremely competent and attentive to the needs of the individual residents. As I frequently visit my mother at Spring Hills, I have witnessed first hand the positive and caring manner in which residents are treated. The compassionate care provided by the staff of this facility, and the respect and dignity with which residents are treated is truly exemplary!

Dear Barbara,
Thank you for your 5 Star review. We appreciate the time you took to leave such positive feedback!

Not everything is Colorful here!!

my first hand experience here was great - my mother in law had been against Assisted Living since forever but [name removed] made it so easy of a decision for her! she really personalized and sold the opportunity to live there! [name removed] was great even after we moved in she always stayed on top of my mother in law and was there to welcome us with any concern although everyone would tell her to refer any concerns to [name removed]. I appreciated [name removed] so much for doing that because my familiarity was with her and when she introduced me to Keila it was great because now I had two people I fully trusted. The problem was once she moved in! The place reeked and I know these things are unavoidable but when someone would call it would take FOREVER to get assistance. I witnessed it for my mother in law as well as for other residents. It was horrendous! I feel like [name removed] and [name removed] were the only reason I stayed so long but my husband had enough and he still complains!! Can you believe when I mentioned [name removed] name the Executive director [name removed] I believe had the audacity to lie and tell me she had moved up and was working somewhere else??? But to find out she was let go from Spring Hills! Absurd! Honesty is something I just cannot expect from the people here. My mother in law is constantly missing items and clothes from her room, the staff will come and reset her pendant then leave I witnessed this within seconds!! I appreciate [name removed] trying so hard to work with the staff but this place was just a one man showdown! The acitivities in this place was great i mean they have so much to do but a lot of it is just the same, it never changes. And they don't do that great of a job to really encourage the residents to enjoy themselves. When I mention leaving, I even got a sarcastic comment from the Director of Nursing saying well if i want to do that then i just should and shouldn't talk about it, just do it! Ridiculous! I have friends and families who have visited and gotten the same treatment and I have seen the Ombudsmen coming their to talk to different residents about Abuse which just confirms my suspicion about this not being a great facility!

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all reviews. Your concerns have been heard and we will share them with our new Executive Director.

A place that makes you feel welcome

The staff is very friendly and sincere. Everyone tries very hard to make the residents and their families feel comfortable. The place is very inviting and well appointed. I'm most impress with how bright and cheery it is, and no smell whatsoever of any medicinal or antiseptic products. Lots of places to sit and be social, or have some private time with family and friends.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate the time you took to leave such a kind review!

Springhills

the entertainment is great. [name removed] is great.
From what I used to see; there are GREAT care givers and soso ones. The food is also some is fantastic and some is sosos and some looking awful. Upstairs could use more caregivers. Some folks are now getting private aides for their loved ones to be sure of care.
[name removed] was the first person I ever met there and I adore her and how much she has helped. [name removed] was another great help.
I would say they need to hire some CNAs that really take their jobs seriously and want to help people and know their license is at stake.
I know it is very hard to keep everything up to par; Seniors get forgetful, some have memory problems, some get agitated, some need a lot of help. They try their best to keep the floors cleaned up for safety, keep the rooms clean.
But I feel they do need a larger staff that is trained in Senior attitudes and habits. It really takes a special caring person to work in any of these Assisted Livings and Nursing homes. Attitude is everything. Keila has it.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your support! We thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive review. Our team is truly dedicated to Caring with a Commitment to Quality!

Great place

My husband and I have been very happy with the care and social interaction Spring Hills has offered my brother. The staff goes above and beyond to be sure our brother’s needs are met. The meals are nicely balanced and delicious. I’m happy my brother has found a safe and stimulating place to reside.
Thank you.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your kindness. We appreciate the time you took to leave us such a positive review!

Excellent care and good value

Spring Hills provides exceptional care for your loved ones. The facility is modern, clean and the staff are friendly people who get to know both the residents and their families on a personal basis. The Dining facility is high quality with a vast menu to select from at every seating. You could eat there for weeks and not have the same thing twice.
My Dad had difficulty adjusting to Assisted Living so he spent almost two months in hospitals and a rehabilitation center before returning to Spring Hills. The front office people worked with my sister and I to accommodate his special needs which required his moving into the memory care unit. The nurses, aides and even the maintenance personnel made it all happen with minimal stress on my part.
Spring Hills has a variety of frequent and entertaining activities for the residents to participate in for their enjoyment. The list of Services is extensive including on-site physical therapy, medication management, laundry support, beauty parlor/barber shop and regular medical visits by doctors which can be much more convenient that transporting them off the Spring Hills grounds.
Assisted living is expensive, but after looking at a number of facilities I’ve found Spring Hills to be a really good value. They are not the cheapest, but they are certainly NOT among the most expensive either, and IMO really good care is not something you’re going to get from all of the lowest cost providers. If you’re considering lower cost providers - read their fine print. They will likely charge extra for medication management, bathing assistance, etc., where Spring Hills includes these type of services in their price.
Bottom Line - I highly recommend Spring Hills. If you’re looking for someplace to care for your loved you owe it to them to visit Spring Hills, and get a tour from one of their excellent front office staff.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for leaving us such a detailed review. We appreciate your time and your support!

the best assisted living around Somerset Location

Christina OLeary

Thank you so much! We appreciate your support!

MIL not happy with area, although we loved the facility. Some things like tracking the residents really appealed to me, as well as the medication delivery. I can't make her like the location, sorry.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your kind feedback. We do appreciate the time you took to leave a review. Transitions are not always easy. If there is anything else we can do, please contact our Family, Resident & Associate Concern Line at [removed].

Home away from home

As soon as I walked in to Spring Hills I knew this was (HOME) for my Aunt. She was at a nearby facility and it was like being in a hospital. I didn't want her to live like that. Spring Hills looks like an upscale hotel. The halls are wide with art work on the walls. The dinning room and Great room are so cherry and bright with large windows so you can see outdoors and the trees. You are handed a menu for breakfast , lunch and dinner and there are at least fifteen or more choices for each meal and if there is something not listed you can order it. The staff are friendly the facility is very clean. There are daily activities and outings, movies and a beautiful outdoor secure patio area. Once you walk in you will be impressed and know that your loved family member will be at home and safe. I decorated my Aunts room and hung her pictures, curtains and had her furniture so it would be like home and she said it was beautiful

Dear Wayne,
Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. We truly appreciate the time you took to leave such a positive review.

A good move

My parents like the food and they are able to get what they want. They offer different clubs including a cooking club. They also have activities such as arts and crafts. The staff are awesome. The activities director is in contact with us to make sure my parents are enjoying the activities and seeing what they can do to help them get acclimated. I would recommend this community.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive support. We appreciate it.

Just not a good fit

The community was nice and the staff did a great job with our tour all our questions were answered and it was nice and clean but we just didn't feel this community would be the best fit for my mother.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Mom in Law Well

This community is working out well for my mother in law. So far we are pleased with all they have done for us. She is safe, and in good hands overall. Everything is working out well for her in this community.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your positive review.

Really loved this facility and it's my first choice when it comes if and when my mother requires memory care.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your feedback.

Excellent care given to my mother-in-law.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive review.

My mother has been a resident at Spring Hills for the past 3 years. The staff and management are professional and caring for the elderly.
I could not have asked for a better place for my mother.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your feedback.

The staff at this facility need a course in caring my loved one who needs help with dressing toiletry etc. is left many a day wet and at the mercy of the staff. This shouldn’t happen to her anywhere.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. Your concern is important to us. Please contact our Family And Resident And Associate Concern Line at 1 (888) [removed] if you would like to discuss this further.

Spring hills was a great community for my mom, who suffers with dementia. They were a caring group of people who took very good care of my mom. [Removed] was fabulous! She is one of the most caring persons I know and she really knows her patients very well. I would definitely recommend this community to others.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your review.

Words cannot express how Spring Hills saved my family by accepting my dad. The first time courtney hugged me when I first walked into the facility. I knew this was the place for my dad. [Removed] is like no other. [Removed] is always right there with a smile, hug and comforting you when you need it and more! I can’t say enough about the staff they are the best! I thank all the wonderful staff at Spring Hills for taking care of my dad. I can put my head on my pillow at night and know he is in great hands. Mark you All!!

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate the time you took to leave a review!

Springhills A Caring Place

My love one has a better quality of life living at Springhills. The place is beautiful always clean, good food & the staff really care about the people they serve. Lots of enjoyable activities & wonderful staff.

[Removed]

Christina OLeary

Thank you for such a positive review.

Excellent facility. My Dad loves it there. The staff is wonderful. So friendly & helpful! My family & I are so glad we chose Spring Hills to watch over our father.

Spring Hills

They had a lot of sunny and nice common areas for the residents. Very friendly and engaging staff. All of the residents seemed content and cared for. We chose this living facility over the other two.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Everyone from the Director (Ms. A. Hill ) to the nurse, aides & administration staff are professional, courteous & caring. Whenever my mother has a problem or is confused, everyone treats her with respect and kindness, they also treat every situation with a sense of urgency and let my mom know that she is respected. She could not be in a better place.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your positive review.

I am so impressed with the Spring Hills community. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. From our initial tour to move in day, we have been aided by their expert advice & concern. They are so loving & caring. It is very clean, the residents well cared for. And did I mention the food is delicious? I could mention names, but I don’t want to forget anyone. What a wonderful community for seniors. God bless you. They work hard, all of them.

Christina OLeary

Thank you so much for your detailed review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Review of Spring Hills of Somerset

I chose Spring Hills of Somerset because their community is bright and inviting. Their Great Room is very cheerful and their Meals menu is larger than most others and changes weekly.

Courtney, the Community Relations Counselor, is so wonderful and helpful.

I know my mom will be happy there.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Review of Spring Hill in Somerset, NJ

Shawanna showed great care in coming to visit my father while he was at another facility for in-patient rehab. Shawanna's cheerful demeanor and personal attention truly uplifted my father's spirits and helped him to look forward to returning to Spring Hill.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate the time you took to write a review.

The people were very warm and friendly.

I only saw it on the initial visit, so that is the extent of my experience. The people were very warm and friendly. It was very clean. The other residents seemed to be alert and curious.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate it.

Clean, safe community

Clean, safe community for my mother; caring and friendly staff; Adrianne, the Community Relations Counselor is wonderful, caring and always available. Nurse Tawana has been a pleasure to talk with, and shows such care and concern for her patients, including my mom.

Thank you for your positive review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

All of the activities looks good but he does not participate. I would like to have better access to his caregiver. When I call I have to go through 15 people just to reach the caregiver.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all reviews. If you would like, please contact us [removed] to address this comment in more detail.

awesome

Spring Hills Somerset is awesome. The facility is clean. The staff is friendly. The value is good. I am very pleased with this facility overall.

Thank you for your positive review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Liked the different features offered

I only visited the property and I liked the different features they bring in which is the doctors and the services they offer.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your review. We strive to make life as easy as possible for our residents.

My sister is very happy

My sister is very happy at Spring Hills Somerset. She is happy with the food. Her room is getting together. She likes the people and the activities. She went out to lunch recently on an outing and plays bingo. They have some nice programs on Saturday afternoons. The staff is excellent. So far so good at this facility.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for the time you took to review our community. Reviews help us tell our associates what we are doing right and what we can improve on. We appreciate your feedback.

Review of Spring Hills Somerset - Somerset, NJ

Moved my mom from assisted living to memory care. Did an AMAZING JOB!!!!

Staff here is awesome!

Dear Walk,
Thank you for your enthusiastic feedback about our Spring Cottage Memory Care program. We truly appreciate your review.

Spring Hills - Somerset

Adrianne Hill could not be nicer to both me and my mother. Her help in transitioning my mom to Spring Hills has been wonderful! Thank you.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all reviews.

Spring Hills - Somerset

Overall the care is very good. Whenever I have a concern, I am received with appreciation to keep the standard of care above average. Knowing that the world is imperfect and there are times when mishaps occur, I always know that if I voice my concern it will be addressed and corrected.

Memory Care staff was incredible

The Memory Care unit upstairs in Spring Hill was just wonderful to my mother. I can not express how much care was given to her. The nurses and aids had so much patience and understanding and new how to handle every situation that came up. The experience really came through. I can not say enough about them. I would have to unfortunately add that the hospice care that Spring Hill recommended to us close to my mother's end was horrible though. If I had it to do over I would not use the hospice care that is provided there - Embracing Hospice. After my mother's passing, I asked to speak to the Manager there about the horrible care they provided and have not heard from them so that was also disappointing. So, Spring Hill is all thumbs up as far as nurses and aids, but stay away from the hospice care. They only got in the way and provided horrible care when we could have used them the most. They should be shut down - period.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your extremely positive review. Our teams strive to exceed the expectations of our residents and our families.

Very Pleasant

It is a really nice place to live here. The staff is very considerate and knows what their doing. They arent rude when you ask them questions when trying to get information on your loved one.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive feedback. We strive to exceed the expectations of our residents and family.

Review of Spring Hills -- Somerset in Somerset, NJ

Adrienne here at Spring Hills went above and beyond to make our mother Irene Perri feel welcome in her new home. We can't thank her enough!

Christina OLeary

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. Reviews like this inspire our team.

very nice

Spring Hills at Somerset is a very nice and clean facility with very nice and cooperative staff.

I do think there should be a little bit more nudging to help the residents get involved in the activities.

I also do think that if a resident is coming from another facility, they should get together with the people from the other facility to ask some questions to get to know some specifics about the residents needs and such.

On the whole I think it is a great place. My mother in law is very happy there. So far so good.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your review. All feedback is import to us as we are dedicated to Caring with a Commitment to Quality.

Review of Spring Hills in Somerset, NJ

Of all the place for my dad to spend his last year, I rate Spring Hills Assisted Living as top one. Not just a family, but friends, staff was a pleasure and courteous at all times. Adrienne was the best to listen and help me in ways that made me feel comfortable and care for and assisted when needed. She is number one.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for the time you took to write this positive review. We appreciate your feedback.

Review of Spring Hills in Somerset, NJ

Best of 4 facilities we visited. Very pleasant, clean, warm environment. Staff friendly and very accommodating. Food very good. Counselor Adraine Hill is extremely helpful. Gave us excellent advice and made us feel very comfortable. Made a difficult life transition for my mom a very pleasant experience.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Middle Stages Alzheimer's and Loves Conversation and Activity

My loved one has been at the Spring Hills Somerset Memory Care Unit for about eight months. My loved one is in the middle stages Alzheimer's and receives good care at the facility. My loved one is still very verbal and enjoys much conversation and activities and has many friends at the memory care unit. He enjoys weekly travel to local activity programming in the community. We have had a few problems related to care assessment and other resident interactions. However, I call and/or speak to the staff directly when visiting and fully describing the problem and usually immediately or within a few days the problem has been addressed and resolved and/or corrective procedures in place to minimize future problem of the same nature. The staff has been most helpful and eager to resolve any problems.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for the time you took to write this review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

We would like to take this opportunity to expree our sincere gratitude and appreciation, to you and your staff, for the care you provided to our mother, Jane, while she lived at Spring Hills, for more than five years.

During that time Kumarie Baksh was, for the most part, her primary care giver. We want to express our gratitude to her and commend her for the care, patience, and her positive approach in providing both care and companionship to our mother.

Once again, thank you for all your help while our mother was in your care.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your feedback as it inspires us to exceed your expectations!

Looked nice, but would only accept as memory care

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this place looked nice overall, but unfortunately it was not somewhere we were able to consider as an option. They considered her a fall risk, and would not accept her in anywhere but their memory care unit, which is not somewhere we thought she could be happy.

Christina OLeary

We appreciate your feedback. All reviews are important to us. If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach back out to the Executive Director of the community.

Terrific Community

The leadership at Spring Hills Somerset is second to none. You can tell they have a sense of family and my Grandmother is extremely happy with our choice.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your positive review as we continue to be the premiere healthcare provider in the communities we serve.

I would definitely recommend this place!

My loved one is doing great here, and it has made me feel so much better! The people are warm and kind, and I love how her living arrangement feels more like a home than an "institution". She's eating well, and the staff have been very good to her.

They do have some room for improvment, but who doesn't? I've had what I feel are some less than friendly interactions with the staff, and we had to call in some help on one occasion for a problem we think they should have noticed before we did.

Overall we're very happy with it, though!

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your review.

High care level offerings in assisted...

High care level offerings in assisted living; solid Medicaid transition policy.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your review.

High care level offerings in assisted...

High care level offerings in assisted living; solid Medicaid transition policy

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. your positive review is appreciated.

very quiet, residents not very engage...

very quiet, residents not very engaged with one another, neat and clean, residents do own laundry, committees of residents to make meal choices, etc., friendly employees - color coded attire, large studio was very spacious

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your feedback. All reviews are important to us as we aspire to exceed your expectations. If you would like to discuss this further, please reach out to the Executive Director of the Community.

really nice, staff is great, lots of ...

really nice, staff is great, lots of activities.

Christina OLeary

Thank you for your positive feedback. We truly appreciate your review.

At Spring Hills Somerset, we are committed to making healthy living the foundation of every aspect of life. From dining that truly satisfies, to fitness that invigorates and motivates, down to the smaller details, such as our use of safe, non-toxic cleaning products in each assisted living community, our dedication to enhancing the lives of our residents with a holistic health care approach guides every decision we make. Spring Hills Signature Touches distinguish our senior living communities, and help make each day for our residents more pleasurable and fulfilling to Intrigue the Mind, Move the Body and Inspire the Spirit.

Spring Hills Somerset offers assisted living and memory care carefully designed for our residents’ needs. The community features bright and cheery private and apartment suites that are equipped with private baths, kitchenettes and individually controlled thermostats. Residents at Spring Hills Somerset enjoy three delectable, nutritionally balanced meals each day, served in a fine dining atmosphere that is the envy of other senior communities. Our meticulous housekeeping personnel provide laundry, linens and housekeeping service, giving you time to relax and enjoy life.

The community is located in Franklin Township (Somerset). The location is highly attractive, representing many areas of single family and multi-family home dwellings, but at the same time one is never more than a few minutes from bucolic views. The historic Delaware and Raritan Canal passes through much of the town, and it affords fishing, canoeing and other activities all year-long. There are several excellent Somerset County golf courses in the township and a number of notable historic sites and commissions dedicated to preserving a rich history that began in the 17th century when Dutch settlers arrived. The Dutch Reformed Church is well established in the community as well as many other religious affiliations representing a myriad of cultures.