We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Dentist Available
When the obligation of taking care of a beloved family member's health arises, it is important to ensure that the proper measures and steps are being taken. One of the most important decisions one has to make in their adult lives is to decide on how to take care of their elderly parents. Parents deserve the highest quality of care and treatment, and Blue Hills Rest Home fully provides those services, plus more. Blue Hills Rest Home is a well reputable senior home that greatly specializes in treating each of their residents as family. It has been built in a country atmosphere to provide the residents with a regular feeling of being in the middle of nature's aura of calm and peace. The great views of nature enable the residents to relax and enjoy the scenery, while receiving the most attentive care that one can receive. The staff team is available for special needs and requests for 24 hours a day, and will also monitor every resident for every hour of the day and night. The residents of Blue Hills Rest Home are provided with the options of residing in private or semi-private rooms that have been set up for men, women, and married couples. Some of the extra benefits that are included in the care are: rehabilitation therapy sessions, pharmacy services, recreational programs, church services, beautician and barber services, and plenty of other opportunities to take advantage of.
Independence, Missouri is the fifth largest city in Missouri and is about 11 miles from Kansas City. The moderate size town has a population of 117,255. It is located in Jackson County and is the county's seat. Independence, which was named after the Declaration of Independence, has a rich history in politics and faith. The city was the hometown of President Harry S. Truman and First Lady Bess Truman and is home to many Latter Day Saints factions.
Independence is spread across 78 miles of Missouri land and combines big city convenience with a small town atmosphere.
- Walkability score in Independence is 26, however; in some rural areas such as Zip code 64058 restaurants and shopping are several minutes away giving this area a walk score of 0, almost all errands would be car dependent.
- The average age in Independence is 39.4 years with 43.5 percent being between the age of 45 and 65 or older.
- Average weather information: Average high temperature is 64.7, and the average low 44.2, annual rainfall is 43.62 inches, mostly between May and September. Snowfall averages are about 14 inches.
Even though walkability is not high in this area, public transportation is available in Independence, with options that include bus and train services that cater to senior citizens. Taxi cabs are also available.
- Buses: IndeAccess+ is available for any person age 60 or greater and for people with disabilities. The bus travels throughout the city of Independence, offering curb-to-curb service. The Kansas City Area Transportation Authority, or KCATA, runs a shuttle bus from Kansas City to the Independence City Hall.
- Trains: Amtrak runs between Kansas City and Independence and offers seniors a 15 percent discount on travel.
- Taxis: Taxi Independence and Budget Taxi are two taxi companies serving the city of Independence.
Health and Safety
Knowing that hospitals and healthcare are close is important to seniors and their loved ones.
- Hospitals: Centerpoint Medical Center and Truman Medical Centers
- Safety Score: Independence ranks 20th in the State of Missouri safest city list with a safety score of 61.94 percent
Sports and Leisure
Independence offers a wide variety of fun and relaxing activities for seniors, making it easy for them to stay active, healthy, and fulfilled.
- Golf courses: Independence has two public golf courses open to both residents and visitors, including Drum Farm and Winterstone
- Senior Citizens Centers: The Palmer Center is a center for ages 60 years of age and older they focus helping seniors remain active and encouraged with holiday gatherings, social activities, travel and health and nutrition guidance.
- Bowling: Diamond Bowl
Shopping and Entertainment
Shopping and other activities in Independence will keep anyone busy and on the go. With many unique shops and eating establishment, no one will ever be bored.
- Grocery Shopping: Costco, Cosentino's Sunfresh
- Clothing stores: include Independence Center is a mall that houses 150 shops, including a plethora of fine dining. Independence Square contains many mom and pop specialty shops, as well as places to dine and enjoy entertainment.
- Restaurants: Denny's, A Little BBQ Joint, Big Boy Drive-In, Baskin Robbins Ice Cream or pick from McDonald's, Taco Bell, Hardee's or Kentucky Fried Chicken for a quick bite to eat.
- Movie Theaters and Theaters: Powerhouse Theatre, and AMC Independence Commons 20
- Libraries: Midwest Genealogy Center, Merrill J. Mattes Research Library, Truman Library Research Center, at the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum, Jackson County Historical Society Archives & Research Library.
- Attractions and Events: Santa-Cali-Gon Days is an annual Labor Day festival held in Independence, Vaile Strawberry Festival, the Independence Heritage Festival, Harry S. Truman's former courtroom and office and the Enchanted Forest
- Parks: Adventure Oasis Water Park offers swimming programs and water exercises. People ages 65 and over can receive a discount. Water Fall Park, George Owens Nature Park great place for fishing, hiking and visiting the butterfly garden.
Independence has a rich heritage rooted in many different faiths. Independent Religious Heritage sites bring the story and history of the various churches in town.
- Churches: Immanuel Baptist Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Unity Church of Independence, St Mark's Catholic Church, and of course, the oldest churches in Independence, which is the First Presbyterian Church, which dates back to the early 1800s.