Christina Place - Franklin, IN

Christina Place - Franklin, IN has yet not published prices.

Appears to be a very warm and caring community. Residents seemed happy and there was a lot of interaction between staff and residents. Hallways nice and wide, the rooms were a little small but they look very functional.

Christina Place

I toured Christina Place looking for places for my loved one. I did like the Facility, and thought it was really nice. However, it’s too far away from me, and I was hoping for something close. I wanted to be able to visit often, and this did not suit us.

I would recommend taking a look at this community.

The staff I met at this community were nice and friendly. This community was not as nice as some of the other community we looked at. This community offers complimentary transportation.

Get it right!

This has been a tough transition for my friend. She has not got out of bed due to the community not having the proper lift for her. The staff is good about checking in on her though. She has also caught pneumonia since being in here so it makes it hard to eat. The community is clean and the people all seem very happy being there.

Nice Friendly Community

We had a good tour of this community. The community looked nice and well-kept. Everyone was very kind and friendly to us. The staff was courteous. It was a good experience. Location was a big factor when considering where to move my mother in law too. This community was far for us to travel too, but it is a nice place.

Don't feel they're doing all that was promised. Only been a month, so maybe still working out the kinks...
They are very gracious in that they are really trying to work with Dads budget

Wonderful place

Every staff member that I have come in contact with has been helpful, caring and eager to make my mom welcome and comfortable, from the director to the maintence man. The facility is clean and all of the residents seem well looked after. This move for my 92 year old mother has been an easier adjustment for her than I imagined thanks to everyone at Christina Place. She especially enjoyed the family dinner where she laughed as I had not seen her do in several years.

What a Pleasant Surprise

I recently helped a family member move into your facility. Christina Place has totally changed my perception of assisted living. I was first amazed that there was absolutely no odor as one normally expects in these type facilities. we were greeting with a very pleasant clean smell. The place is just immaculate and the bonus is the outstanding , attentive caring staff. Very impressive. I will definitely recommend Christina Place to others.

Christina Place has a lot of positive things going for it

My parents have only just recently moved into Christina Place and we are all still getting adjusted to the change. But I came for a visit and stayed the weekend with them. The place is clean, well kept, and smells nice, (not like a nursing home). The staff is friendly, helpful and readily available. They have a large well used gathering area, and the conversations seemed lively in the dining room during meals. I was very pleased to see that my parents were given a chair exercise routine to do everyday, even more pleased to see that they were doing the exercises faithfully after breakfast. I met the manager on the weekend and saw her interacting with the residents quite a bit. I like the closed square design of the building with an open courtyard in the middle. My Mom does not need memory care, but she does tend to get lost easily. At least she will only take the long way home if she takes off in the wrong direction after meals.
The only thing I can see at this point that can use some improvement is the food. Getting the food out to so many people before it gets cold must be challenging, but it tastes better when it's hot. There must be some way to serve a garden salad without it getting soggy and limp from the dressing. I wish there could be a little more variety in the choices. I didn't realize what picky eaters my parents have become, must be a function of age. I'm sure that as people get to know them they will come to know what they like and just bring that coffee to the table or whatever it is they like.
As I said in the beginning, my parents have just moved in, so I think it will take awhile for them to adjust. Moving is extremely stressful for older people. We want them to stay at Christina Place for the rest of their lives

certainly room for improvement

They have dropped my mother a couple of times in the shower. That is bad. She says that they have also not been very responsive to the calls that she has made. She sits in her room quite often, and they come over and tell her what is going on, but they could certainly do more to encourage her to get engaged. I think that they are understaffed. The food is not that good either.

The nurses are good and very caring, and the facility is very clean and well kept, but there are certainly many areas where they need to improve.

The staff was so friendly that they even moved me here. I do not have any family nearby, so Rhonda provided a Christina Place moving crew for me. They have really made me feel like part of the family!

Best place for my mom.

We have been so pleased with moving mom to Christina Place. They were so helpful with helping us with the VA program. The staff already feels like family after a few months. It was the best choice for Mom.

So far things are going pretty well.

So far things are going pretty well. It's a clean place, and the staff is friendly. We don't have any concerns over how responsive or attentive they are. The activities are adequate, and we haven't heard any complaints about the food. We really liked the location that worked out good for us.

Living with Alzheimers

Mom was needing more supervised care after five years in an assisted living facility near us that was did not have nurses full time. I was becoming overwhelmed with the responsibility of helping to care for her now as her Alzheimer's was progressing. As I searched for a new place both facilities that seemed most appropriate were owned by the same company. We choose Christina Place after a visit together. Mom was great about the move and joined right in on the activities even as we moved her. The staff are caring and interested in helping Mom live a active and fulfilled life.

Don was very impressed with...

Don was very impressed with the facility and with Rhonda... Price was deceiving at first...starts at $80/day does not including nursing services.

Very helpful staff and a be...

Very helpful staff and a beautiful facility! When I need to move my Mother this will be one of the top choices.