Bethany Senior Assisted Living - Skokie, IL

Bethany

I looked at many care facilities before choosing one for my mother's. I have never regretted my decision. My mother is well taken care of and very happy at Bethany.
Daniel keeps the family well informed on their family members status. He really cares. I liked him from the minute I met him and most of all I trust him and the staff to take care of my mother. I didn't 't feel that way about the other facilities that I visited.

Small Scale, Loving, Competent Care....At Last!

Bethany Senior Assisted Living is a care environment like no other in Chicago. It is not an institution. It is a family home and the difference is night and day. The Maruntel Family heralds from Southern Europe, and in this part of the world, seniors are considered gems. Deep within their cultural heritage is a knowing that as a person advances in years, they must be treated with every respect. They are seen as the keepers of wisdom and are greatly valued and honored. Extending this heritage to the United States, the Maruntels have established a small number of traditional family houses in the near north suburbs of Chicago, where they care for seniors in a nurturing home environment. Care is conducted in a three bedroom family home. Meals are cooked in the kitchen, and the days are passed in a quiet fashion, consistent with the rhythms of normal home life.

But Bethany offers much more. The caregivers are all Certified Nursing Assistants, as credentialed by the Illinois Department of Public Health. They are trained and certified in the care of people with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Residents do no need to undergo the stress of travelling to doctors appointments. The doctor comes to the house to make house calls. And if a more serious medical emergency arises, the caregivers transport the residents to the nearby hospital to manage their care and release back to the house.

During the day, the residents are lovingly cared for. Tender bathing. Much conversation and engagement. Outings to the park, or shopping. Daily exercise done indoors. Your loved one will become a part of the Maruntel family, and you can rest knowing that new connections will be formed and that your parent will be loved. You can count on your parent being introduced to the children of the caregivers, and that the environment will be multigenerational and feel balanced. This is where Bethany Senior Living truly distinguishes itself as different than an institutional care environment.

Don’t look for a large fancy sign, or a company that is traded on the New York Stock Exchange with Bethany Senior Assisted Living. Driving by the care facility you would only see a suburban home and would not be aware of the phenomenal work being done inside. Don’t look for large common rooms, or festively decorated dining rooms. That is not what Bethany is about. What Bethany is about is small scale, loving, competent care.

We just love them

Bethany House Senior living is the perfect fit for Mom. Our family has recieved all we were expecting from Bethany and really a whole lot more. After dealing with previous placements for Mom that let us down, having Mom at Bethany with such a fine group of energetic, warm and caring individuals who really do pamper her and give her all the help she needs is such a welcome relief. A truly amazing almost miraculous turn of events. Thank you Bethany House!!

A Care Model to Believe In

My siblings and I looked for almost two years to find the best care environment for my mom, who suffers with anxiety, depression, dementia, and physical health challenges. She cannot take care of herself, even though she believes that she can. The caring and skilled family team at Bethany Senior Assisted Living have taken on the daily challenges that my mom presents and they are succeeding on all fronts. Nutritious home cooked food, medication management, tender help with bathing and personal care issues, attention to physical activity and exercise, and caregiving help when she has to go to the hospital. The doctors that my mom needs come to the house, she doesn't have to worry about going to a strange office. I have shared my experiences with the Bethany House caregivers with my co-workers, who are nurses and health care professionals, and they are amazed, and say that when it's time for them to receive help when they are older, they want to be in a residential home setting just like the one that my mom lives in. Our family is so blessed to have found this place for my mom to live and be cared for. We have peace and comfort as a family again, knowing that my mom is in such capable hands. They have my strongest recommendation and my gratitude each and every day that they take care of my mom.

What an excellent community and such ...

What an excellent community and such a loving environment, we have not seen mom so happy and clean, in such a long time. This private residential care home, we would highly recommend to bring your loved ones to. We cannot tell you enough about the superb care she receives. We love them!

Fabulous place and really liked it. P...

Fabulous place and really liked it. Possible to get mom in but must supplement her payment in independent living with meds. I feel mom's mental condition may need more assistance.

We at Bethany Assisted Living, are a residential home who welcomes all those who need a home of care.

Our staff is professional and honest to those who need a warm, secure, and loving environment to dwell in.

Our newly remodeled home is filled with all the furnishings inside and outside.

We will be honored to help anyone who is in need.