The Hearth at Southbury - Southbury, CT

Kindness and Caring at The Hearth at Southbury

My mother is a centenarian who has been at The Hearth
for five plus years. I have been very impressed with the care and kindness of the staff at all levels. The nursing care is excellent and the aides who help her throughout the day and night are friendly and respectful. She has benefited from activities that provide mental and physical stimulation.
They are very good about alerting me to any concerns and in finding solutions for any problems that develop.

The Hearth

Grateful Daughter, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! We always strive to provide top quality service to every guest, and are pleased to hear that you are enjoying your experience here at The Hearth at Southbury!

Review of The Hearth At Southbury

Fantastic care, interview from [name removed] was extremely helpful looking forward to my wife living here.

The Hearth

Hi there, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! Thank you so much again for your feedback! We hope you have a great day!

Review of The Hearth At Southbury

We have both been so impressed with the staff we have met at the hearth while deciding on a new living facility! [name removed] has been so pleasant and very informative. She is a very n ice person. [name removed] (in the dining room) made us feel so welcome. [name removed] shared very valuable information about the hearth.

The Hearth

Hello, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at The Hearth at Southbury. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

Review of The Hearth At Southbury

They were so helpful. The community is very clean and my uncle is looking forward to moving. The process was made easy as they walked through each step with us.

The Hearth

Hello, thank you for sharing your positive experience! If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

Review of Hearth of Southbury

I will be moving to the Hearth at Southbury. The people there have been very helpful and have taken the time to meet with me and explain everything. I am looking forward to the the help that will be able to provide to me. I know I will feel safe at the hearth.

The Hearth

Hi, we're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at The Hearth at Southbury. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

Review of The Hearth at Southbury - Southbury, CT

I enjoy everything, great food, lots going on all the time, great location so I can go for walks outside, I feel safe and most of all everyone is so friendly.

The Hearth

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at The Hearth at Southbury. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

Review of The Hearth at Southbury - Southbury, CT

We love it! Mom was joining in activities the day we came to sign her lease. We were welcomed with such hospitality from everyone. We know mom is going to be safe and live a social life at The Hearth At Southbury .

The Hearth

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at The Hearth at Southbury. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Review of The Hearth at Southbury - Southbury, CT

We needed to move mom quickly and had heard from our attorney and people in town that The Hearth At Southbury was a special place; and boy were they right [Removed] were so helpful we are looking forward to mom’s move.

The Hearth

Wow, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you. Thank you!

I looked at several communities and felt The Hearth at Southbury felt like home from the moment I walked in the front door. [Removed] was the most informative of all the people we met with and seemed so sincere. The other residents all were friendly and a few invited me to see their homes. I am looking forward to moving to my new home.

The Hearth

Hi, we are so happy to read such a great review about The Hearth at Southbury! We sincerely thank you for the positive review, and look forward to seeing you!

The facility is well maintained. Staff is professional, compassionate and attentive.
The location in the center of town is perfect while providing privacy and a country atmosphere.

Thank you for your positive review!

I like that there are things going on all the time and I can socialize with others. The food is very good. I’m happy living here at The Hearth at Southbury.

The Hearth

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad you are happy living at The Hearth.

[Removed] was so helpful! I love living here.

Fabulous place!

Thank you for your positive review!

Outstanding! Fully informed and transparent. Friendly and courteous. Perfecto!

The Hearth

Dear Jess, Thank you for taking time to provide us with a review and feedback. We are very happy to hear that you had such a positive experience with The Hearth at Southbury!

Beautiful community and very friendly environment.I look forward to my mother.living out her elder years here knowing she has everything.She needs right here.This brings great peace of mind to myself and the rest of her family

The Hearth

Dear Susan, thank you for your great review and positive feedback. We look forward to providing your mother with the highest quality of care. We know that she will thrive with our Live More philosophy and are excited that you all are now a part of the Hearth family! Let me know if there is anything that I can ever do for your mom or your family. Thanks again, Mary Wehrberger, Executive Director

COZY & INVITING-ASST/INDEPENDENT LIVING FACILITY.IT HAS EVERYTHING MY MOTHER WILL NEED TO LEAD &SAFE,COMFORTABLE LIFE FEELS LIKE A NICE CRUISE SHIP WITH ALL THE AMENITIES.RESIDENTS SEEM HAPPY & ACTIVE.STAFF IS SO HELPFUL & NICE.I'M EXCITED FOR MOM TO LIVE THERE

The Hearth

Thank you for your feedback and great review of our community. We are so happy to have your mother living with us and will strive to always provide her with the highest quality of care! We truly hope that she will live more each and every day while she is a part of our family. Thanks again, Mary Wehrberger, Executive Director

Review of The Hearth At Southbury - Southbury, Ct

The Hearth at Southbury is a lovely place; very comfortable.

Frank,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience with us with us here at The Hearth at Southbury! We are lucky to have you as part of our Hearth family!
Executive Director

I was nervous about make the move but from the first day i knew i made the right decision.the hearth gives me the help i need but the independence i want as well.everyone is so nice and helpful.I love living here.

Hello Susan,
Executive Director

Excellent care and excellent service all is good!!.

The Hearth

Kip, Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you have had such a positive experience with us with us here at The Hearth at Southbury! We strive to offer the very best in lifestyles and care.
Executive Director

Find me safe.Excellent people working here.The senior and make those working as friends.

The Hearth

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with us here at The Hearth at Southbury!
Sincerely,
Mary Wehrberger
Executive Director

I love that I can have my independence and know that my husband harry is being so well taken care of.The staff is so nice and the care is superior.

Marie,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience with us with us here at The Hearth at Southbury! We are very lucky to have you and your husband as part of our Hearth family!
Executive Director

Southberry is a great community.Particularly for the elderly.Because of large retirement village(Heritage)and the several assisted living and nursing homes there aremany health related and other services which cater to the elderly.Have lived here 24 and feel very fortunate to have southberry those many years age

Dear Frederic,
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you have had such a positive experience with us with us here at The Hearth at Southbury!

Fun in my golden years

Since I've been here I have been happy. I don't get lonely but if I did I would just go find a friend. Three meals a day in the dining room gives me the right amount of socialization.

The Hearth

Hello Pearl! Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you have had such a positive experience with us with us here at The Hearth at Southbury! We are very lucky to have you as part of our Hearth family!

Mom's Very Satisfied

Mom's been at the Hearth (Assisted Living) for 2+ months and we've been very pleased. It's an ideal size for her needs: it's in one building with 3 floors (95-100 units, I think) and big enough to have the staffing while small enough to be surprisingly personal. The food is really good and they serve 3 full meals. The atmosphere is friendly, clean and quiet. They have 24-hour nursing care and staff that really do get to know the residents. There are daily activities, including exercise, games, crafts and even a happy hour. A private dining room and two "country kitchens" (with appliances for BYO) are available for family get-togethers.
There are regularly scheduled trips for shopping, medical, etc. and 1-2 special outings/month.
We have not required their med management or assistance-with-daily-living services, but they are available at extra cost.
Being in a community setting always means some compromises, but we have found the management and staff to be approachable, involved and willing to help.
Every situation is unique, but for our needs and preferences, this is proving to be a very good choice.

The Hearth

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you have had such a positive experience with us with us here at The Hearth at Southbury! Thanks Again, Mary Wehrberger, Executive Director

Gives dementia patients some flexibility in their activity level

Beautiful facility, clean, safe, recently renovated, friendly and helpful staff, A/L residents seemed happy and well cared for...noticed lots of smiles and pleasant conversations in the hallways and at supper, among residents and between residents/staff. Executive Director has been there seven years, so there seems to be some measure of consistency. The main thing that piqued my interest was when they told me that high-functioning residents in the memory care program (called "keepsake village") and those with early to mid-stage dementias could get involved with the many assisted living activities, giving them a broader variety of options and more mental stimulation for that set of residents than I've seen available at many similar facilities. I didn't spend much time in the memory care unit, but they seem to prefer keeping residents in A/L as long as possible, maintaining a higher degree of independence, etc.

The Hearth

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you have had such a positive experience with us with us here at The Hearth at Southbury! Sincerely, Mary Wehrberger, Executive Director

Very Expensive Memory Care

The Hearth was not suitable for my mother because they didn't offer an intermediate level of memory care. It was very extensive memory care and we didn't feel that she was getting that much out of it. I would not recommend The Hearth for anyone who has Alzheimer's because they're really very unequipped to handle it outside of their memory care unit which is very expensive.

The Hearth

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with us. We strive to offer the very best in lifestyles and care here at The Hearth at Southbury through our Live More Philosophy and Mosher Gardens Method for Keepsake Village residents. Please give me a call any time to further discuss your thoughts and concerns.
Sincerely,
Executive Director

Definitely in the running.

Definitely in the running.