Barrington of Fort Thomas - Fort Thomas, KY

Not a good fit!!

As soon as we walked into the Barrington of Fort Thomas, I realized it would not be a good place for my father. The place itself was no good, the staff was all very nice, but it was just not a place where I would put my father.

I am basing this review not on a visit, unfortunately, but on being left hanging. I called the contact and gave a date and time to visit. He said he would call back the next day to confirm. That was over two weeks ago. I never got a call back. The other facilities I've been in touch with have returned phone calls and emails immediately.

Comfortable place and nice apartments. Lovely location.

The people are very friendly and helpful. They really try hard to make your first few weeks enjoyable. It is hard for the new resident to adjust to a new life style. Dad has had a hard time adjusting but it has only been a month. The food is delicious and having a happy hour has been nice. It is very convenient to our home and so we can visit easily and often. Overall it has been wonderful. It is expensive but not horrible compared to others in the area.

Highly Recommend!

My mother is doing wonderful at Barrington of Fort Thomas. I highly recommend them. The overall total experience has been good. The food is a 3 or 4. The price is right.

I would absolutely recommend Barrington!

Dad has been there for a short time now and he is doing great! Everyone has been nice and friendly and the staff are very accommodating! Dad has participated in some activities since moving in although he can't do it all. Barrington throws parties in the dining room area which he enjoys and really likes the food.

They love it so far.

They love it so far. They say the food is great! We have been very happy with it. It's working out well.

We really like it. I think they get a five.

We really like it. I think they get a five. The food is fine, he seems to like it. They were very comparable in price, and even less than some others we looked at.

The staff was very friendly and the facility was very clean. Administration provided us complimentary lunch with a variety of choices. Mom and I enjoyed lunch but I thought portions were small. However, when I asked for more chips I was provided additional. The facility was clean. Kevin the administrator was very thorough in addressing our questions and concerns. Mom and I were impressed with the flexibility of services and costs. We were delighted with the size of the apartments and they included washer/dryers unlike other communities we had
visited. Pricing is comparable to other facilities we had visited. Grounds and facility appeared to be well kept. However, mom is limited to the size of apartment for she wants to remain on the ground floor to avoid the use of stairs and elevator. Mom and I were happy to hear we did not have to put a deposit or financial review to be considered for residency.

great place for what they are

It turned out in the end that my brother needed some more special one on one nursing attention than what Barrington of Fort Thomas provided. I am sure the care services are great for what they are, and they did treat him very well and were very good at what they did, they just needed more attention than what they were licensed for and able to give.

simply excellent!

The people there at Barrington of Fort Thomas are simply excellent. They are heads over the other places we have had experience with. The food is simply excellent. They stay on top of all of dads needs, making sure he gets his meds on time every time, and tending to any other needs as they arise. It has been a truly wonderful experience and we are very thankful for Barrington of Fort Thomas!

My mom was a patient for a few hours starting in the afternoon. At 5:45 AM the next morning she had a stroke and was taken by ambulance to St. Elizabeth.

They never called to let me know.

The hospital called me at 10:20 AM, almost 5 hours later. They said someone "tried" to contact me, so I checked for missed calls at home, work and on my cell. No calls from them.

They did make sure her Medicare was charged for a full day.

Needless to say, I will never recommend this facility. I am going to contact Medicare and let them know what happened and see if we can dispute the one-day charge.

A Wonderful Home

I'm so happy that we chose The Barrington for my grandmother. She has become calmer and happier since moving here, and this place has become her home. The residents are kind and supportive, and she quickly made friends. The staff clearly love what they do. They are all so patient and kind. The Barrington is a wonderful place,

My family's overall experience was ve...

My family's overall experience was very positive regarding the above facility. The new nursing manager was especially attentive to my mother's issues.

I liked it

I liked it

This is my favorite. Memory care was ...

This is my favorite. Memory care was in a separate facillity, but right next door. It seemed like more of an atmosphere of independence than assisted living, even though the care options were there. Beautiful apartments; very spacious

Perfect place for Dad, close to all o...

Perfect place for Dad, close to all of us. only one meal is included in price.

The Ft. Thomas Campus of Living is comprised of the Barrington of Ft. Thomas, an Independent and Assisted Living community, and Highlandspring, a Transitional Care center. Nestled next to the Campbell County Public Library and Good Shepherd Pelletier Church, the campus has a peaceful location that’s close to so much in the well-established Ft. Thomas community.

Independent and Assisted Living – Barrington of Ft. Thomas At the Barrington of Ft. Thomas, you have a choice of studio, one bedroom or two bedroom apartments. All apartments come equipped with washer and dryer, cable TV, weekly housekeeping, and our Elcombe Security Link System (this state-of-the-art phone system provides a link with our Resident Care Coordinators for your health and security). And most apartments have a balcony or patio.

Venture out from your apartment and take advantage of the formal dining room (with master chef), fitness center, beauty/barber shop, sundry store, and activity center.

What if you need an extra pair of hands? A little help fastening buttons or tying shoes? Someone to steady you as you step in the shower? A person to keep all those pills from getting confused? With Assisted Living at the Barrington, you have that extra pair of hands, and a smile to go with them. And it all happens within the comfort of your spacious apartment – and if you require more assistance, you won't have to move, you'll stay in your apartment and receive the increased care you need.

So don’t let the need for assistance take over your life. Our Barrington caregivers make those frustrations go away, so that you can get back to doing the things you enjoy.

You’ll find life at the Barrington – whether you are independent, or need assistance – is active and involved.