Balfour Cherrywood Village - Louisville, CO

Balfour Cherrywood Village is the perfect home for my parents

My parents, both in their 80s and with Alzheimer’s/dementia, are residents of Balfour Cherrywood Village. They have lived there very happily for over one year. There room is bright and spacious and always neat and clean. The staff is outstanding. From the front desk to the activity leaders to the care team my parents are treated with respect and kindness. They love their home and their Balfour Cherrywood Village community.

Great care and very nice facility - $$$$ - hopefully get what you pay for.

safe place

I feel my mother is very safe there. she enjoys the activities so that's a big part of our comfort level. She has Alzheimer's so she's declining but I feel she is very safe here.

Wonderful community and a great match.

This is a very structured environment, this works best for our loved one. They go and round people up for activities to encourage participation. The pricing is quite competitive and it's all inclusive, there aren't a lot of added charges. I felt very disconnected from the community at first, but they took that feedback and instituted a meet and greet and put in place a support group. They take very good care of the residents but not necessarily the family. The continuum of care is good and the majority of the population are at the same place she is physically and mentally, so it was a good match.

Warm welcome for Mom

Mom has been there less than a week but already feels comfortable and at home. The staff made the transition easy and gave her a warm welcome. I think she will be content there.

Balfour Cherrywood Village is among a new generation of communities specifically designed to incorporate recent advances in the understanding and care of residents with memory loss. It is all about our commitment to the individual—treating each resident with the deference, dignity and attention he or she deserves.

Our approach is based on validation therapy rather than reality orientation. This means we tap into the strengths of our residents’ long term memory, their life histories and individual talents, instead of their weaker short term memory. This way, we meet our residents in their world and in their time. It’s most effective in helping individuals with Alzheimer’s and dementia build friendships and gives them a real sense of purpose and joy.