Avanti Senior Living at Vision Park - Shenandoah, TX

Beautiful Exterior

My mother's been living there since Spring 2017. The first 6 months or so were fine. Then staff began to quit. It's been floundering ever since. And this facility is less than 2 yrs old! The staff that has toughed it out are amazing. Love them, but they are spread very thin, and its not fair to them or the residents. Hate the management. My mom requires more care than the average resident. I don't really want to say more that may identify her. Management is bottom line oriented, and profit motivated. Probably the only AL facility that requires care givers to also prep and serve food. Management repeatedly refuses to hire dedicated wait and kitchen staff, which is crazy as for one, we're paying over 6K/month. Be open in your search to private care homes, they maybe old but your loved one will get more attention and it will more than likely cost less!

Loved it,loved it, loved it. Need to check out the one in Cypress to be near family.....

Beautiful,small community. The residents age in place so they don't move around as their level of care increases. Staff were friendly and engaging with residents.

Total Sham

Disgraceful service at a premium price! Don’t be fooled by the nice decorating, uniformed staff and a “green” kitchen. Staffing levels are so low it takes 20-30 minutes to be served lukewarm coffee and meager servings. I think they take advantage of the residents inability to hold management accountable for what they were promised when they were sold on the “luxury senior living”.

9/17/17 [Removed] & I met with Tiffany at V.P. - she showed us a studio & an 1 bdrm with a patio but couldn't give prices. 9/23/17 My aunt & I met with [Removed]at V.P. & my aunt preferred Avanti (A.P.) to Brookdale. She will check her finances to see if she can afford it.

Exceptionally caring staff and pristine facilities.

I recently placed my father at Avanti after visiting several elder care facilities in the area. I felt that Avanti was exceptional in all the areas listed above. I was especially impressed by the friendliness of the staff. They all really take their jobs seriously and believe in their work. The residents are well taken care of and they are happy to accommodate your requests and concerns for your loved one. It has been very difficult to make the decision to place my father in senior care but knowing that he is so well looked after has given me a lot of peace.

Care and Value

I am happy with the care here for my husband. The staff is very nice and helpful. The community is kept very clean. He is enjoying the variety of food. We would recommend this community to other families for care and good value.

Beautiful. I want to move in myself

Visited Avanti as a possible assisted living facility for my parents. Very warm feeling from all of the staff and residents. Beautiful, clean facility. If they had something available, this would be my choice. Also, they have a restaurant as opposed to a dining room with limited hours. Residents can go and eat at any time during the day and sit where they want. Most facilities do not offer this luxury.

I visited the community over the weekend for the Halloween event, we are new to the area and I was looking for a safe place to take my children for a fun activity. Little did I know I was visiting an assisted living community! I was blown away with how beautiful the place was and how their residents were so HAPPY! This is NOT a typical "old folks home". I wanted to get a room!! I will attend all of their events and I would recommend this place to anyone looking. I do not have a family member looking now, but when I do, THIS is where I will go!

These people are very nice and interested in caring for my mother. It is early but my mother seems very happy with accommodation and assistance she is receiving. It is new and designed for assisted living needs, not a converted accommodation. She is across the street from the HealthSouth Physical Therapy facility that will help improve her mobility and strength with time.