Strake Place - Conroe, TX has yet not published prices.

Wonderful place. Small community. The staff seem very kind and caring. The few residents we saw and said hello to seemed very content and happy here. Apartments are spacious and clean. Great courtyard for events and bird watching. They have some really great activities here, such as going to movies, local playhouse and even Astros games sometimes. I think my mom would like it here. Close to The Woodlands too.

Not for us

I did not get a good feeling when I visited this community. We toured on a weekend day and the community did not seem very active. The owner I spoke to was nice. I just did not think this would be the right place for my loved ones.

Not the Best Fit

Nothing was wrong with the community but it seemed to be more of a nursing home, I did not want that atmosphere. They were very attentive and sent me a lot of information.

Awesome place great staff ! Very caring

A good visit

This looked like a nice community when we visited. This community is larger than what we were looking for. Mom's room would of been located at the far end of the building. The people we met were fabulous. They did want a fee up front that we were not able to provide.

Comfort for dad!!

My father is settling in and adjusting well. The staff has been very helpful. This is the facility that he chose, and he is happy with it. He likes the meals that they provide, and we have no complaints so far.

Not the right fit!

This community was very nice. It was really clean and the community had a nice set up. I did like the staff and they were very helpful and accommodating. The thing is that this community just did not work out for mom.

My father's needs

We toured this community for my father. They did not have anyone that would of been able to help lift my father in and out of his chair. We found this to be a issue at the time. We were not able to see if they had a good variety of meals. The staff was nice and helpful. The community. This was not going to be a good fit. We were at least happy to see that they had activities. Families might want to make sure that this nice community can take care of the needs of a loved one.

Not happy about food served. Can’t keep a good cook. Always looking for a “ Reason to Raise” rent. Exterior could use a cleaning or paint. High turnover on staff members. Kitchen does not look clean. Carpets could use replacing.

My mom lived here for two years. I have the highest regard for the care she received, from the management to the care workers. They were all wonderful.

A Tour I Had With The Community

This was a really nice and clean facility when I went to view it. The community was well kept and the environment was good. The personnel seemed good and I was able to talk with the residents. After touring, it seemed close to our budget but ended up not choosing them.

The staff were very friendly and kind!

The move to Strake Place was not a pleasant one. Our biggest concern is that the food was horrible. They did not serve meals with a balanced diet to the residents. The community was decently clean throughout. They need some work in the activities department. They don't have a variety to offer and only play bingo daily. There is a high school across the street and during football games it can be very loud for the residents who are trying to rest and sleep.

Enlivant Representative

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear about your poor food and noise experience. Will you please call our Senior VP at [removed] to further discuss your concerns?

Took A Tour!!

I showed up without an appointment to Strake Place and they still gave me a tour of the community. The staff that i got to meet during the tour was nice. The community was clean and organized. The guide was able to answer my questions. I would recommend a tour of the community.

Pleasantly surprised

I was skeptical coming in to tour, having read reviews from the past, but by the end, was very pleasantly surprised. Most rooms have recently been renovated, all the staff very pleasant and helpful. Now that our father had been there a couple of weeks, he's liking it better than our last place. This feels more like home. We are pleased.

Really Worth a Visit

My mom has lived at Strake Place for five years. Strake Place has much improved under Catherine's leadership during the past year and a half. The only comment we (mom and I) would like to offer at this time is that the meal plans need to be more geared toward southern cooking and preparation.

The activities are more geared now toward what the residents enjoy doing with a variety of interests and outings.

Review of Strake Place - Conroe, TX

My elderly father lives at Strake Place. My family, including my father, is completely happy with the Strake Place community. The administration and staff go above and beyond to meet my father's needs and well-being. They are flexible, compliant and provide many social outings/opportunities. I truly believe they "care" for their residents - emotionally and physically. I am a very happy daughter.

We are very happy with Strake Place. Our brother loves it there!

When care counts...

Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “Life is a journey, not a destination.” We find great truth in those simple words. Along life’s road we encounter people, places, and things that add or detract from our own life experiences. I write these lines remembering our first visit to Strake Place and our subsequent choice of Strake Place facility when it became necessary to find a good and loving place for our family member
We want to take this opportunity to praise the staff’s dedication to our loved ones care. Along with the loving support our mom received, each member of the staff chose to provide care to each member of the immediate family.
The kindness and care you provided at Strake Place cannot be measured in a monthly fee or a paycheck at the end of the week. Strake Place is a special place with special people. Anyone fortunate enough to reside there can rest assured of the professional staff and quality of care.

Fortunate to have found Strake Place.

Can only say good things about Strake Place, facility and staff. The staff is friendly and caring and make a concerted effort to make the residents feel special. Having lived in the same house for over 55 years, the changes facing our family member were daunting. The transition to assisted living was made easier by facility being pet friendly and our loved one being able to take his small dog with him to assisted living. The director, Katherine, goes way beyond what is required to help in any way she can. But the real proof is from what the resident thinks and when our family member was presented with a possible opportunity to go back home he said did not want to hurt anyone's feelings but "they treat me good here and I believe I'll stay."

Fortunate to have found Strake Place.

Going pretty well

Well things are going pretty well. They are getting settled in. They haven't been there very long. Everyone is hospice care making sure she is getting well adjusted and getting good care.

Nice looking place

We visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Strake Place seemed like a very nice place overall! The staff were friendly, and take very good care of both the residents and the facility! They are also capable of long term care.

Wonderful place!

I can't recommend this place highly enough! We toured quite a few communities during our search and Strake Place was absolutely the best one that we saw. The people here are great, the facility itself is clean and well kept, and they take wonderful care of the residents. I never found a single thing I could complain about!

Wonderful Staff

Can't say enough good things about Strake Place they were wonderful, caring and we like them very much, The facility was clean and the staff was caring and attentive. I would happily recommend them to anyone.

low level of care

The facility is beautiful! There is no offensive odors when you walk in. Mother in Law went for respite care from the hospital. She was suffering from dizziness and nausea. She was a fall risk and had to be put in wheelchair to be taken to the restroom. The aides were loving and kind. They were very attentive and compassionate and sweet. Mom was unable to sit up due to the dizziness. The nurses tried to force her to sit up and when she was unable they put her food on the table ten feet from her bed and told her if she wanted to eat she would have to get up and go to the table. They also refused to give mom her medications because she couldn't sit up. Mom went without four meals and four doses of medicine before found out and we could get her out. The head nurse told her "You WILL get up and go to the dining room." We put her there because she needed help we couldn't provide. We paid out of our own pocket and they spoke rudely and neglected her. If you are only in need of a little assistance Strake Place would be a great option. Don't put your loved one there if they need a higher level of care. They made us leave a day early and didn't refund us. Overall bad experience.

It was fine for a few years,

It was fine for a few years, there was a lot of management turnover. The staff were just wonderful, however, and held everything together even with the turnover. There were levels of care, and we didn't feel like we got what we were paying for. They are able to accommodate Alzheimer's, but were not specifically trained for it. All the residents seemed to be happy, and mom liked it, we just eventually needed more care. They were good about keeping us up to date on how she was doing, but it could sometimes be difficult to get in touch with someone if we were calling about a question that we had.

Very Caring

I have the highest regard for all the employees at Strake Place. They are fair. They are prompt. When you call them, they always come right away. They are very caring here

Strake Place is located in Conroe, Texas. We are halfway between Lake Conroe and Sam Houston National Forest. Both natural areas provide beautiful trails for our walking club as well as opportunities for picnics and bird watching. History enthusiasts will enjoy the nearby Lone Star Monument and Historical Flag Park as well as the Heritage Museum of Montgomery County.

We offer helpful personalized care in a homelike, inviting environment. Our knowledgeable staff includes a Registered Nurse, activities coordinator, compassionate caregivers and a dietician. We are available 24 hours a day to provide personal attention to each resident. We can meet a variety of needs including diabetes and other chronic disease management, medication assistance and help with other daily activities.

We invite you to join us to make new friends, pursue old interests and learn new hobbies; our popular activities include:

•Exercise classes
•Bingo
•Card and board games
•Musical entertainment
•Crafting and other types of art
•Gardening or relaxing in our spacious outdoor courtyard
•Daily inspirational gatherings
•Cooking groups
•Church services on site
•Scheduled group outings to for shopping, dining and other entertainment

Our building includes studio and one bedroom apartments with kitchenettes and microwaves. The apartments have ample closet and storage space as well as individually controlled heating and air conditioning. For your safety apartments are equipped with emergency call systems and safety bars in the bathroom. Common living areas including wide open spaces and sunny lounges that are perfect for chatting with friends over a game of cards. We also provide a library, hair salon, restaurant style dining room and a computer area. The entire community, including outdoors, is wheelchair and walker friendly.