Brookdale The Woodlands - The Woodlands, TX

“Our team makes every new face feel welcome and comfortable in their new home.” Brookdale Place The Woodlands is conveniently located in the picturesque Grogan's Mill area of The Woodlands, just minutes from state-of-the-art medical care, shopping and entertainment. With seasonal landscaping that looks lovely year-round, the community is surrounded by pine trees and natural forest settings.

Brookdale Place features a beauty parlor, library, spa, fitness room, hobby room, tea room, outdoor walking areas and landscaped grounds. Our spacious apartment homes offer bay windows, fire safety system and a choice of floor plans. With elegant restaurant-style dining, we offer a menu that changes daily, along with delicious entrée choices.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch services for residents. With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones. Popular activities include the Red Hatter’s afternoon tea, yoga, tai chi, monthly birthday celebrations, line dancing, scenic drives and karaoke.

From our modern amenities and advanced services to small gestures and little courtesies that speak volumes, Brookdale Place stands apart --- the next generation in assisted living and memory care. Help with everyday tasks can make a big difference in the quality of your life. It’s comforting to know that you can continue to live life to the fullest at Brookdale Place The Woodlandse – with a full spectrum of supportive, wellness and memory care services.

Our innovative memory care neighborhood is designed to create pleasant days in what can seem like a confusing world. We offer your loved one a calm and predictable lifestyle by focusing on each resident as the center of the care process --- honoring their unique life experiences and personality through individually tailored programs and personalized attention.

This community was my runner up

This is a smaller community than other places I had toured while looking for a place for my Father. If we would have brought him here, he would have had his own room and I didn’t want that. The staff wouldn’t have known what he was doing in his room. I don't think they would've noticed the small things like if my Dad needed a shower, if he wasn't drinking water, or if he became incontinent. He needs more structure than what they would be able to provide. The staff members seemed very good and they knew all of the resident’s names. They truly understood what was going on with the residents. The only thing I didn’t like is that there wasn’t a good ratio of staff versus residents. There’s no way they could be aware of when everyone needed help going to the bathroom. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Great Experience

The staff at Brookdale The Woodlands took amazing care of my mother in law for the last 8 months of her life. We will be forever grateful for the level of care and compassion that she received. We never had to worry that she was being [Removed] or mistreated. The staff went out of their way to make her happy and comfortable.

A nice tour

We really liked this community when we toured it and the people we met were nice. This is a multi level community and we were looking for a one floor community.

$4300 f 1bd, $3800 f studio less $1000 thru Sept. includes all utilities including cable except phone. studio does not have LR

Mom's Choice for care

I like this community for the great care that is received. The staff is always caring and friendly. They have a nice variety of meals that are served. They do have activities for the residents who are able to participate. My mom wanted this community and we would recommend the care and the value to other families for good care for a loved one.

Comfort and Care

We toured this community. The staff was nice caring and able to answer the questions that we had on the care that would be given. We did like the menu of the meals. This community does have a lot of nice activities. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Our Tour Went Well

This is a nice community, and our tour of it went well. The staff was kind, and informative. Our questions were answered. The community looked good, everything was clean from what we saw. It was a nice experience, but I felt my mother needed more care then they were able to provide.

Husband is Comfortable at This Community

Overall my husband is doing pretty well since his move to this community. I do like the administration at this community, they have been great to work with. Like at any other community, you have really good care gives, and ones that could be better. He is happy, and comfortable. Everything is working out pretty well, and I would recommend this community.

Part Memory Care

On my visit I got to see the community. I saw part of a Memory Care that was separate from the others. It was a big community and I thought it would be too big.

So far, so good...

Thins are going okay. I don't have anything to compare my experience to. From what I have seen, everyone seems to be friendly and the facility is clean.

Pretty Nice Tour

This is a pretty nice community, and our tour of it went pretty well. The community was well maintained from what we saw. The staff was kind, and friendly to my family, and myself. The experience went well, but we found a another community that suited our needs better.

Luxury community !!

I had made the decision after taking the tour of this community that this place was the perfect fit for my dad. Its truly a luxury place with lots of great features and amenities available to all of the residents. They have a great activity program as well as a meal plan that they provide in there facility. The administration has been wonderful at taking the time to work with me and my dad on making arrangements to get him moved in. We are looking forward to what the future has for him.

Assuring staff and homey community.

We found Brookdale The Woodlands per recommendation from A Place for Mom. They put me on the right path and the process would have been much more difficult without their guidance. We are very pleased with everything. The way they react with her is so supportive. The community is smaller and has a homey atmosphere. She was in a sunrise community in New Jersey so we felt that the transition to Brookdale would be smoother because they are similar communities.

Not the Right for Us, But A Fine Community

This is a fine community, and my tour of it was a good one. The community was well-kept, and looked good. The staff was kind, and friendly. The experience was a good one. I did find a community that I felt suited my mother needed better, but my tour of it went well.

My tour

This looked like a nice and clean community when I visited. The people I met were nice. The rooms were a little smaller than the community we chose.

Tour Went Well, No Issues

I had no issues with this community during my tour of it. The looked nice, everything looked clean and well-kept. The staff was friendly, and kind to my family and I. Everything went well. This is a pretty nice community with kind people.

Perfect place for my mother!!

I have been very impressed with how everything is going at this community, I could have not asked for a better experience for my mother. The key thing here is how well the staff treat her, they act if she was a family member. They all do a wonderful job at interacting with all of the residents and really putting there heart in there job. Another plus is they have a great chef on staff that serves delicious, healthy, and well balanced meals all throughout the week. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for five star service for there loved one.

The right place

I knew it from the first visit that this would be Home for my mom. I was so impressed at how the staff interacted with the residents and once I took my mom for a visit, they welcomed her and treated her as if they had known her for years. The food is actually very good with a very wide selection of meals that are nutritious. My mom likes the restaurant-style meals and interacts with other residents. The activities are endless and they encourage those less social residents to participate. Of course, a few kinks along the way but no process is always perfect. I can rest knowing my mom is so well taken care of.

Doing a good job!

I really do enjoy the staff here. They are nice and really friendly. The community is always kept clean and neat. The food is okay and my loved one does not have any complaints. The also provide a lot of activities for the residents to participate in. My only complaint is with the nursing staff in that they made a couple of errors in regard to my loved ones medications but when brought to their attention were
eager and quick to fix the problem

Dinning room service is great !!

The dinning room experience has been wonderful, the servers have really taken the time to get to know my mom and have provided her with excellent service. I would say they need improvement in the cleanliness of the bedrooms. I noticed two roaches the other day on my mothers floor as well as trash throughout the room. The staff will often forget to turn on her oxygen tank during the day which is a major health issue.

Needs Updating!!

On our tour the staff was really friendly and the amenities they offered seemed okay. The building was very old and the walls needed painting. The smell was a little off and I could just tell there was a lot of improvement and updating that needed to happen.

Nice Community Tour

On my tour I saw a good atmosphere and the staff were good too. It looks like a clean and well kept community. After talking with the residents and getting pricing, I felt this was not a fit.

It has been a wonderful experience!

Mom is doing much better since the move to the community Brookdale The Woodlands! The staff have done a great job administering her medications as required and her health has improved. The community is very well kept and clean throughout. They offer a variety of activities. Most recently mom has enjoyed participating in playing bingo. I couldn't have done it without A Place for Mom!

Nice community!

Dad is doing well with the transition to Brookdale The Woodlands. The staff have been very friendly and helpful with the move. The staff can be a little slow to get the ball rolling on repairs and maintenance issues. They offer a variety of activities that the residents can partake and enjoy. Dad has not liked the food offered but they do offer a variety for the residents.

Great Tour!!

The tour guide was knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. I got to see some interaction between the staff and the residents and it was wonderful. The residents looked happy while engaging in activities. The community was clean and the staff was wonderful. I would recommend a tour of the community.

Nice Community!!

Brookdale The Woodlands Community is nice, plenty of activities, clean and friendly. No complaints.

Pass this crooked establishment by look elswhere

The worse place for your loved one!
My sisters put my mom in this facility, the overall staff are extremely rude. Since there is sibling rivalry they will not allow me to.even step foot on the property. They refuse to show me paperwork stating I cannot visit my mom . I call and they will not give my mom my message! Against the law I say keeping my mom from seeing her daughter! My mom has said this is my home she is allowed but the staff has never talked to me only the sisters who are liars. Just speaking its very unfair that place is pathetic and a joke! So please look elsewere, they are there just to get a paycheck! Very rude, crude, and horrible! Please look elsewhere!

Worst care in the Woodlands

The worst facility I have ever experienced Before u put your love one here check with the police and the state. [removed] A high employee turn over. I pulled the emergency chord and it took 45 min for someone to come. Be careful what they sell u is not what u get.

So far I think it's working out well.

So far I think it's working out well. I don't think there is much that needs to be improved. She seems to like the food. The billing seems to be smooth, as far as I know. I think just like all of these places, they are a little understaffed. Overall it seems to be going okay.

Beware of pricing tactics.

Beware of the pricing at Brookdale, The Woodlands, TX. The initial monthly rate was appealing but once the "Total Peace of Mind personal care charges" were added in, the monthly rate almost doubled. Total Peace of Mind personal care means every service needed would be individually priced (as in ala carte) vs putting the resident under a group pricing.This was suppose to be less expensive. After literally less than 10 minutes of assessing our Mom, the nurse at Brookdale determined she would need quite alot of their "Total Peace of Mind personal care" assistance, once she moved in.The odd thing was, she currently was in need of very little personal care assistance. When I inquired as to why all the extra personal care assistance charges were included in the monthly charges, the nurse stated that I had requested it. I explained to her (again), I needed prices on certain personal care assistance seperate from the current assistant needs, so I could plan on future rates when needed. The nurse changed her story & said "the case manager at the hospital (Mom was currently in) said she would need those services." After speaking with the case manager at the hospital, who denied saying such a thing & getting the major price increase, we chose another community. We were concerned, if there were discrepancies with the nurse prior to moving in, we would not feel comfortable leaving our Mother under their nurses care. The new community placed Mom at the very lowest care assistance & she is happy & healthy & that is priceless!

urgent point made

My Mother was brought over with Mechanical Diet. I see repeatedly where they bring her food and it is not prepared this way which is a very serious choking hazard. This is due to swallowing problems from a stroke.

Look Below the Surface

Chronically short-staffed; meals service very often delayed. Public areas are clean and decorated - resident rooms not so much. Laundry service is iffy; do not take anything you care about and label everything. There was one particularly mean care aide, but she was finally fired. My mom needed lifting and changing; sometimes the aides were rather rough with her. She had chronic UTI's and sores on her lower legs from scraping the Hoyer lift. It was close to home - visited 4-5 times per week to keep an eye on things. Company refused to refund a $500 pet deposit paid before residency, even though she never brought the pet onto the premises. After she died at the facility, the Brookdale Corp. charged an extra week of rent and refused to refund the balance of a whole month's payment for more than 60 days. Don't get me wrong - there are a couple employees who are truly excellent, but for $5,000 - $6,000 per month, you can probably do better.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns. Please contact us at familyconnection[at]brookdale[dot][com] to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

It's like one big happy family

I would recommend it to anyone I know that has a loved one that needs assisted living. I felt like family before I even moved my mom in. Everyone was very nice. Every time I come up here I am always checking out things. I seen how others acted with the residents. Everything worked great. They were very helpful. They know the residents and their habits. It's like one big happy family. I'm very impressed.

Do not recommend!

Very disappointed. The supposed "nurses" cannot get the meds right, they couldn't even enter the list into the computer correctly which resulted in my loved one NOT getting her high blood pressure pill for many days. Not acceptable! She also has had several UTI's and the first one took 9 days to get antibiotics from the supposed "Doctor on call" who is very illusive and shows up about once a month. The second infection required us to physically remove her from the facility and take her to a private doctor to get assistance.
The caretakers, except one or two, obviously do not like their jobs as they routinely complain and fuss at the patient for asking for help during the night.
I have not seen the Director since we moved them in, nobody seems to care whether you are adequately cared for or not.
We are currently seeking to move them to another facility. I understand some residents need a lot of attention, however you are paying for this service, it honestly should be provided.

I liked it and the people were fine

We looked at a lot of different places. This was one of the ones we toured and considered. I liked all of the communities I visited, the people were all fine, and this was no exception. I just don't think this is the right fit for us, my loved ones don't want to leave their home.

So far this is the one that fits our needs best.

We toured here as we were looking into options. So far this is the one that fits our needs best. Both in terms of care needs, as well as in terms of budget.

Wonderful place just a litt...

Wonderful place just a little short on parking. Really nice place in The Woodlands but a little expensive for my mom. High community fee!

Very nice community!

My loved one was only here for a few months, but I thought they did an excellent job with his care during his stay! The facility itself was nice looking, the meals were good, and the staff were all very friendly and professional. He actually improved enough while living here that he was able to come home!

met w/monica; staff to pati...

met w/monica; staff to patient ratio not good, several patients sitting out by front door, little participation in activity, memory care only 2 staff people, numerous people in bed at 3 pm few playing bingo, many sitting in open area waiting for doors to open..depressing visit to memory care.

Could Not Be More Pleased

A very friendly caring staff. Has a good homey feel and everyone looks happy and well cared for. I could not be more pleased with the level of care my loved one is receiving. The rooms are nice and the facility is quite attractive. Great location and I hear the food is pretty good!

Extremely disappointed in t...

Extremely disappointed in this property. Jane and Linda were very nice, but the price was not reflected in what we saw. The residents appear sad or lost in thought. Didn't observe any activities going on. Did not have a good feeling there.

My rating above is for the Memory Care Unit

The Terrace at The Woodlands has a 3 story assisted living facility as well as a one story memory care unit called Clarebridge. I would give the assisted living part a 5 across the board. I visited other places that may have taken residents to more places but for the price [$3,800] it is better than more expensive assisted living facilities I saw. For someone who is not a flight risk the assisted living here is really excellent. Other people told me The Terrace "was the best." Absolutely excellent. I toured another facility called Autumn Leaves that left a very negative impression. You really have to shop around when looking for a care facility. All the places I saw were clean but at Autumn Leaves every resident I saw was immobile and it was a relatively expensive property. I am really thankful to have learned the value of choosing an assisted living facility with a memory care unit. My loved one needed to move to memory care sooner than expected and it is critical to make the transition as easy as possible when dealing with a person with dementia. The memory care unit is attached to the assisted living facility and they are decorated the same which I really liked. On the assisted living side resident can go in and out as they please but the memory care has residents on lockdown, and rightfully so. My one concern with the memory care is in my estimation the night staff is under experienced. They do the laundry for residents and on an "incineration" heat setting. I've resorted to doing my loved one's laundry to avoid blankets, socks, or sweaters that will be destroyed by their laundry's heat settings. My advice for moving anyone into memory care is to not take anything valuable or that you care about to the memory care unit. It's fine for assisted living, but could get scooped up with the daily linens and accidentally destroyed. I've noticed the day shift is good about bathing and changing clothes, but if left to the night staff my loved one will remain in the same dirty clothes. Overall the nursing staff is good, the nurse in charge of the unit is very good. I have not experienced other memory care units close up, there were some I toured that I would not consider. The Terrace recently changed their meal program, they have 3 shifts in which the residents get their meals. The ones that need assistance go first, which makes the food cold for other residents. I have heard some grumbling about the new system from residents. I am not sure exactly what I should be expecting, I know that they are very good at some things and some people are better than others. $5600 a month is not untoward considering I saw places that were $6500 to $7000 a month, but still I wonder where it is all going especially when I have to request clean towels. Also, caregivers keep changing the temperature in my loved one's room. I have to adjust it every time I visit, my loved one is cold and wears more sweaters than they do all winter long. But overall, I'd give the memory care unit four stars. There is room for improvement, this is a learning process for me. I would suggest to others to really shop around, I used A Place For Mom and they were excellent. I went on several tours, had several free meals at the facilities. I took my loved ones to the two places I narrowed the choices down to. We participated in the overnight stay option to further evaluate and find the best fit.

Clean, personnel happy, involved, and...

Clean, personnel happy, involved, and look like they really care about each person. Tour was great, rooms very nice. Created a program for Moma to come any days of the week and stay the day.

very nice ,3 stories .can have pets v...

very nice ,3 stories .can have pets very clean

Nice facility. I didn't see many of t...

Nice facility. I didn't see many of the residents around.

Very nice facility. Staff was pleasa...

Very nice facility. Staff was pleasant. Possible location. Right size.

I had a good visit with director. The...

I had a good visit with director. The facility was very nice and the staff very friendly. I was impressed with the calm and friendly atmosphere.

Very nice! Took my mom for a tour.

Very nice! Took my mom for a tour.