Avalon Memory Care - Saint Louis, MO

Avalon Memory Care - Saint Louis, MO has yet not published prices.

They rejected my stepdad on move in day

My experience with the facility wasn’t that great. The whole place is just beautiful and gorgeous. I was tickled to [Removed] that my stepfather was going to stay here. It’s a very small house with a tightknit community. Everything was just so excellent. The kitchen was all open so everyone can see the chefs cooking. They had a small courtyard to go out and walk on. There were tables, chairs, big screen TVs, and couched in the main room to socialize. It’s a brand new building with pretty art and décor. But I was devastated when it came time to move him in. Two days before moving in, a nurse came to the hospital and assessed him and gave us the go ahead. When we arrived, she came in again to assess him and check his blood pressure. She immediately said that we need to take him back to the hospital and that he couldn’t stay at this facility. When we got to the hospital, the emergency room doctors said his blood pressure was of no concern. We called the nurse and she beat around the bush and said she decided that the facility wouldn’t be able to care for him. I guess he was more incapacitated than they thought. A few days later they tried to get my mom to sign papers for who knows what. He was only there for a few minutes! I was just shocked about this whole thing. They should really be more careful in assessing their residents beforehand. The facility says they are a dementia and Alzheimer’s care facility but I guess it’s to a certain point. It’s more of an independent assisted living facility in my eyes. Based off of my experience, I would not recommend this facility.