Sunrise of Des Peres - Des Peres, MO

[removed], the sales director was great and informative and the facility is very nice. We plan on trying to get mom into this facility soon.

Good Fit

I helped my friend get in this community. And I love how personable the staff is everyone knows him and his wants and needs. It is always clean and kept up. The quality of the food is good and he cleans his plate every time. He is getting his value worth. They try to engage him to join the daily activities. I would recommend this community.

Sunrise of Des Peres

So far, our experience has been rather frustrating at Sunrise. The community is very understaffed, and my loved one often has to wait 30 minutes or more to have someone help him get out of bed or to the bathroom. I’ve talked with the management about this, and I feel they are trying, but it still is an issue. I know that the staff does try, and many of them are very nice. However, my loved one generally feels that he is not receiving respect. The food is good here, and there are a lot of options available. That is something they’re doing right. They also had a really nice program for Veteran’s Day. However, they really don’t have much going on by way of activities. Overall, this community is very expensive, and while I know they do try, there are still many issues that need improved here.

Sunrise Senior Living

Good Afternoon - Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience thus far at our community. We take your comments very seriously and would like to speak with you further. Please do consider emailing information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com with your contact information so that we can reach out to you to learn more. Thank you. - The Sunrise Team

No Problems With This Community

I do feel comfortable with my fathers move to this community. He is safe, and in good hands. They are taking good care of him, and his needs. I have no complaints about this community. It is working out well for my father, and I'am satisfied.

Financially Not a Good Fit

On the tour I got to see that the community was nice but it would have been a little more expensive for us. They use a point system for extra care a resident may need and add that to the flat rate. One would not know how much they will be paying until they move in.

I was very happy with this tour. The staff was nice and caring. We liked that the community is clean and the menu is very appealing with the healthy choice. They offer a lot of activities. This was a great tour, but we wanted this community to be closer to home. We would recommend other to see this community for the care and value for a loved one.

Mom's Happy Home

This is a great community for care for my mom. We like the staff and the assistance for my mom. I liked that the staff called and said that they really wanted to take care of my mom for her needs. I like knowing that she likes the menu of the healthy meals. They offer her to be involved in the activities that are helpful. I am happy to know that she likes being here. We would recommend the care and value of this community to other families.

Welcoming community

Sunrise of Des Peres was such a welcoming community! It was a nice and clean community that we toured. The staff was very friendly and professional and answered all of our questions. Their parking is not great, but plenty of handicapped parking places. We chose another community for our current needs.

All is Well

My husband is doing great with his move to this community. All is well, and I'am comfortable with his move to this facility.

Changes in the community

Care plan has not been followed consistently. Turnover in staff since February has affected effective care and overall rating of the facility

Activity staff are phenomenal, but they've had to reduce outside entertainment, I can assume due to community not being full.

Difficulty with communication and follow-thru.

They Are Providing Great Services

It's been a great fit for my grandmother. They are a great organization. The staff are helping her with her dementia and she is getting what she needs. I would recommend this community.

In Laws are Happy at this Community

My in laws is pleased with their move to this community. This is a nice community, and we are comfortable with their move here. We know they are in good hands, and safe. The staff here is great. They have been helpful, and kind when we come to visit. The community is well-kept, they do a good job with the cleanliness. There are nice meals, and good activities available for the residents. It has been a good experience overall at this community, and I would recommend it.

Way too pricey

My brother toured this community with my parents. He said it was very nice but very expensive.

Good Tour Overall, Bad Location for Us

My wife, and I toured this community for my mother in law, and her needs. The tour was nice overall. The staff was friendly, and nice. We were impressed with the management. It was a good experience, but bottom line it came down to location. We did find another community that suited our needs better, but our tour of this one went well.

I took a tour!

I did not like the fact that when I went to tour, I waited for a long time in the lobby before the tour guide got to me. The rooms were quite small for the price. Also, it did not have many of the amenities you would expect for the price.

Beautiful, but expensive. They did have double rooms which you could share with someone -- two bedrooms with a common living area -- but the bathroom was shared, also. I would have preferred separate bathrooms. The best part of this community: a dog and a cat that belong to the facility and have freedom to roam. Didn't meet the cat, but meeting Molly the beagle was a highlight of my day. She loved being petted and rolled over for a belly rub.

My parent lived here briefly. I won't get into the details why my parent needed care. Suffice it to say things got complicated after a hospital stay. We had a very bad experience here. I based my decision on reviews and a personal tour. The day after I signed the papers I regretted it . Do not recommend, especially if parent cannot speak up or defend themselves (ie, any level of dementia or confusion). I was there almost every day once I learned the truth. Some good staff that may mean well. Overall my parent declined rapidly once in their care. Confusion over meds. Politics. House dr is convenient but a quack. Dining staff not sticking to dietary care plan. So much for diabetes. Out of control. The director of nursing actually called me and yelled at me! Probably because I was paying attention. I was local and could drop in regularly. what!? We paid for highest level of care. Once we activated hospice via an external agency we were able to improve level to some degree but sunrise staff refused to cooperate with our hospice group of choice. I believe sunrise was upset we didn't choose their "preferred" hospice vendor. The in house dr refused to authorize hospice meds. My dying parent was in pain. Hospice group tried to help. More politics. Once I made the decision to move my parent home, it was essentially too late, they declined too rapidly. Don't be fooled. I did have opportunity to talk to other residents. They seemed alarmed regarding certain issues they had observed. They were afraid to speak up. I contacted state ombudsmen program but I didn't get my courage up to pursue issues. I was too afraid of retribution while my parent was still there. Sadly my parent passed away before I was able to move them back home. Beware. Do your homework and then some. Maybe opt for respite care to try it out.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

We Liked The Community

The care and experience has been going well for my dad. He will be going home with us soon. The staff have done a good job and we like them, they are good people. I would recommend the community to other who need the same service.

The staff are fantastic at Sunrise of Des Peres!!!

There have been a few ups and downs since mom moved into the community but she seems to be settling in nicely. She will be moving from assisted living to the memory care unit and the staff are great in both areas. She seems to like the food. This was the nicest community I visited in the area. They offer a lot of activities and they even have sing alongs for the residents.

Taking Good Care Of My Mother

They are taking very good care of my mother here, I'am pleased with all they have done for us. My mother has been here for a while, and everything has worked out great. She is now in the memory care unit of the facility, she content there. The staff is great, they know here habits and how to deal with her. The facility is nice and clean. I know she is safe and receiving great care. I would recommend this facility.

She is happy there

Things are going very well. We are really happy with it. It is a nice place for her. The only thing that we were disappointed with was the price. We were hoping to find something that was considerably less. That probably has to do with her level of care. The food is good and she is happy there. Maybe having other choices would have been nice as far as A Place For Mom referring us. All three choices provided were Sunrise, but it is a lovely place.

Staff are great!

We have been satisfied with Sunrise. The atmosphere of the common area is homey. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to say hello.

My dad is in the memory care unit. It can be challenging to care for residents that have memory issues and personality changes. They really strive to handle them with a smile and a kind word.

I would name names, but everyone on the memory floor deserves kudos for the hard job and kind attitude they show my dad.

Thanks

So far so good

So far so good at Sunrise of Des Peres. I have a few minor complaints. My mother is incontinent and the staff had some issues keeping up with it. It was her bed mainly and her wash. I told them to change the sheets as often as they need to. Overall we like it there. We think it's a good place for mom. All in all we are happy. It is a good location. The staff is a 5 + on friendliness. The quality is good for the price. They do switch staff and some are really good and some are not so good. They offer a lot of good activities. We do think mom has some hearing issues and doesn't socialize as much because of that. Next week we plan on taking her in to possibly get some hearing aids. Overall I would say for the most part things are going really well here.

Peace of mind at last

at fiist it was very difficult for my loved as she wanted to be at home but that is not always the best for them if the live alone, my loved one has no siblings left nor had any children but as time went on and Sunrise got to know her better and her needs ,she has done better than home care that she had in the past as they are allways there and we had 2 home care services and when it would snow or someone could not make it to take care of her as she lived alone i would get a call that they were trying to get someone there as she cannot function buy herself.That is not happening now and I hope we can continue to keep her there for the rest of her days .God willing.Her cargivers seem to be right on what she needs and she is warming up to them. They make sure she gets her meds and sees the Dr.and blood work with out having to take her out as it is very difficult to take her anywhere.a worry off my mind .

A great place for our father.

I'm so glad we found Sunrise of Des Peres for my father. It is a beautiful place, as well as, comfortable and inviting.
The care is excellent, too. The staff are knowledgeable, kind, caring and friendly. My family and I couldn't be more pleased.

Sunrise of Des Peres offered superior care.

My father was only at Sunrise a short time before he passed away. He had previously been at another nursing home, which had announced that we would be charged $900 more per month for him to be in their new Alzheimers' wing. The treatment was no better for the extra $$, so we looked for an alternative, and settled on Sunrise of Des Peres. For the same cost, the care he received, the staffing, the food, and the facility itself were so much superior that I was kicking myself for not moving sooner. When he entered hospice, their care of our family as well as of my dad was incredibly kind and compassionate. I would recommend them to anyone.

Everything Is Fine

The Staff is very friendly, and very, very receptive. The activities that they provide, seem to be pretty well attended. They have an activities coordinator that is just out of this world and everyone of the staff are very good about dealing with the residents. The staff is very good about attending to her

Friendly Staff

They could have better meals faster and getting mail updated as to the way it is delivered.

A Bunch of negatitive

I feel that this place was not what I had expect. When I was told of all the many benefits I would receive as part of my plan, were very false. When I signed the contract I was told I would have my very own personal care attendant whom I would meet with every week and would be in charge of my health care. Well, I have never
heard of or obtained any information as to who this was .Also when I move in my move in was about $6,000 per month and then instantly the next month the bill was tripled , costing me almost sixteen thousand the following couple months, but I still have yet to find out why it was so high. making it well over 16,000.This was not any kind of experience I wanted to be apart of, so at thus point I have searched out my other options and have decided l relocate away from here. This place is a scam . Very mad and unhappy with overall experience.

I am very glad we found this place.

We were looking for somewhere with memory care available and we found them. They have everything we were looking, this place is for a very highly intelligent person with many degrees. The staff was very kind and positive.

happy overall, a few areas for improvement

Overall we are happy with our experience at Sunrise of Des Peres (especially relative to places we have tried before), but there definitely are a few areas where they could improve.

I do feel like their communication to me is a bit lacking. They are very friendly, but they do not keep me informed of things that are going on. I have to make repeated calls and really chase down people and dig a lot to get some information.

Part of these issues seem to stem from the fact that they might be a bit understaffed. Communication and a few other issues we have had seem to come from this, and it creates an extra inconvenience and strain, especially considering the money that we are spending.

Again, we are happy overall, but I just wish the communication were better and more proactive.

I would recommend this one.

We looked at two different Sunrise locations, and this was far superior to the one in Chesterfield. That one seemed very unorganized, but based on what I saw, I would recommend this one.

Quality Service

The move in could have been smoother. It took three or four days and six people to move her into a studio apartment. My mother in-law is not settling well, but overall rating for the Sunrise of Des Peres would be four stars, and the services are fine. other than the move in portion, everything seems to be fine.

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. Things have gone well. I don't really have any concerns or complaints about them. It's clean and the staff is friendly. I am happy with it.

On the whole it's kept very nice.

On the whole it's kept very nice. The care was very good, very kind and attentive. He was treated well there. But they weren't necessarily very responsive, there were some falls. They don't seem to care for the food.

Nice looked place, but seemed understaffed

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a beautiful facility, very clean and well kept. However, the care didn't seem quite as good as other communities we saw in the area. They seemed understaffed, especially in the evenings.

They are very, very good. They are doing exactly what mother needs.

They are very, very good. They are doing exactly what mother needs. They have good intermediate care, and one on one. They have the nurse in charge, but the caregiver just takes care of her section, she has lots of follow through.

Love Sunrise, feel like it ...

Love Sunrise, feel like it would be perfect but we are concerned about the price.

Very Satisfied with choosing Sunrise for my Mother.

My sister and I are happy with the care that our Mother is getting at Sunrise. My Mother has also told us that she is happy there. We know that she is getting her meds and getting meals each day. And in the winter we know that
she is safe and warm even if we can't get to her because of the roads.
All of the staff has been very helpful whenever we have talked to them and they have seen to issues that may have concerned us. I especially like the concept of "aging in place" because I don't want to have to relocate my Mother again because she needs more.

Warm and Supportive

I can't think of any improvements needed! What really set them apart from the others was the facility itself. It's really more of a comfortable environment. They say that they are based on a social focus, rather than a medical focus. This helps them create a very warm and comfortable atmosphere. Everything down to the carpeting, decorations and the furniture is comfortable and "home-like". It's just more like being at home. Also, the dining is flexible when it comes to needs and schedule. Each floor has it's own kitchen and dining area where the residents can sit and eat and watch TV if they'd like! They are just very warm and supportive, and we are very happy with this choice!

Very nice, but expensive

I had loved ones who stayed in this facility, and from what I saw it looked like they did a good job. It was a very nice looking place, the staff were friendly and they always kept it very clean. My biggest issue was the cost, it is VERY expensive, even for the quality.

Happy Place

I just loved it. I almost went with them but after I filled out the paperwork and gave the deposit and everything it was like how do you protect them from falling at night? They’re not allowed to put bars on their beds and there are really no sensors or anything built in so for my mom there was a high likely hood of falling. I'd have to stay there during the night. It was really a nice place though. It really looked like a happy place to be but even though you have good care and activities and all these lovely things, it's not what my mom needs. She needs really constant supervision and interaction.

Good first impression

Sunrise was able to provide a more home like type setting rather the institutionalized feeling. We are currently working out some kinks but are pleased as of now.

Clean and Friendly

I choose “Sunrise” because of how clean the community was and how friendly the people are. The food is good to haven’t had any complaints.

Nursing Home with Memory Floor Socia...

Nursing Home with Memory Floor Social Model - Designated caregiver consistency Suites/Studio Apt. Suites - all divided by walls and separate entry door Basic rate $184/day suite $216 Studio (cable ($20)

A beautiful place and a bit bigger th...

A beautiful place and a bit bigger than the Sunrise in Chesterfield. The director is wonderful and very enthuastic showing me around. It is closer to my home and I will be able to visit Dad more often. It is a perfect place and I am sure Dad will feel more home there.

Took a tour. Mom was very impressed.

Took a tour. Mom was very impressed.

Wonderful facility but pricing is high.

Wonderful facility but pricing is high.

Beautiful facility, way to expensive ...

Beautiful facility, way to expensive for us for what you get. Toured this facility very difficult to find if you are not familiar with the area.

If you’re looking for an assisted living option other than the traditional nursing home, Sunrise of Des Peres is a great choice. We offer a range of individualized assistance and care—from light support to care that addresses more complex needs—in a setting that feels like home.

Guided by our Principles of Service, Sunrise affords families peace-of-mind by providing today’s seniors with a range of personal assisted living services, from assistance with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, and dressing to medication monitoring. Our residents maintain the same privacy in their new home as they enjoyed in their own home. Our resident-centered approach to senior care is designed to maintain independence and dignity, yet is balanced with the comfort and security that comes from knowing experienced help is close at hand.