Dougherty Ferry Assisted Living and Memory Care - Valley Park, MO

This community is absolutely gorgeous with generous room sizes and such a caring staff. I spoke to three residents during my tour and each one confirmed that they love it there. A personal testimonial is worth a 1,000 words. This has moved into first place for us.

The facility was very clean and smelled good. The layout is very open. The rooms were spacious.

A Brand New Community

We loved them and were going to move my loved one but the parking situation was going to inconvenient for non-residents. We liked that it was new and decorated so beautifully. They were so new I had a feeling my loved one was hesitating and not comfortable.

Our Visit

The community was pretty nice and the guy who did the tour was nice and helpful. I saw him interact well with the residents by first name basis.

Home away from Home

We have been very happy with the care my mother is receiving at the Dougherty Ferry Assisted Living and Memory Care. She suffers from dementia and is in the Memory Center here. The administrative staff is very pleasant to work with, they listen to our feedback with kindness, they are accommodating with requests made for our loved one in their care, and they are always open to suggestions we might have to better serve their residents. The care giving staff is equally as pleasant to work with. They are always happy and smiling while they work. They are quick to learn the habits of each of their residents and understanding how best to care for each individual. They are loving and patient with my mother, no matter what kind of mood she is in. The staff keeps the facility clean and looking nice and welcoming to everyone. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone!

Thanks, Mom Loves It!!

Could not be happier with Dougherty Ferry Assisted Living for my mother. She moved in [Removed] and is so much happier there than she was at home by herself. She has made many friends there, enjoys the food, and loves the staff. They all know the residents and do a great job of keeping the family updated as needed. Thanks for all you do!!

Samantha McCue

Reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. We're happy to hear that your mother is enjoying her stay with us! We always strive to provide top quality care to every resident, and are pleased to hear that your mother's experience is reflecting this!

Father's care

I am very happy knowing that my father is getting great care in this community. The staff are always caring and helpful. We have enjoyed the menu of the meals. The community is clean and offers a nice environment. The activities are helpful for him to partici[ate. We would recommend the care to other families for the good value and excellent care.

Very Lively!

Dougherty Ferry Assisted Living and Memory Care has a great atmosphere! Very lively! It was a very nice and clean community that we toured. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We chose another community because we needed a larger living space for my dad, but I really wanted him to live here. I definitely would recommend this community based on what we saw.

Samantha McCue

Hi, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Dougherty Ferry Assisted Living and Memory Care! While we wish you had chosen our community, we are happy to hear we've earned your recommendation! Thank you again for the great review!

Good, Kind Community

We had a very nice tour of this community. Everything went well, and everyone was friendly. The community looked good, and the staff was informative.

Responsive Staff!!

My parents have recently moved into this community and I have no complaints of how things are going for them. Although they have a bit of a hard time adjusting to there new living environment the staff have been very helpful as well as accommodating to there needs. They all seemed to be very skilled in there job and know exactly what they are doing. My mom got the apartment that she was wanting that is spacious and has two bedrooms. The only thing they say could use some improvements is the meals they provide. They need more variety and more of a selection to choose from.

Care for mom

I like this community for the great care that is received from the night staff. We like that they are always attentive. The community is clean and maintained inside and the outside. The menu is very good and I like knowing that she is happy with the menu. The activities have been wonderful for her to be able to be active with the other residents. We would recommend the care and value of this care for other families.

A short tour for care

I toured this community for care for my mom. I was able to talk with the staff who were nice and friendly. The community was not what we were wanting for the care for my mom. I suggest that families take a c tour for the care and the cost of a loved one.

All is Well for my Aunt

My aunt is doing well here at this community. The community is nice, and well maintained. The staff is great, and very helpful. The experience has as been a good one. She is safe, and in good hands. This is a community I would recommend.

A fairly new complex (not yet open one year). Beautiful, but expensive. Two things I found odd: (1) The only community I've visited that put first names and initials only on residences, claiming it would be a HIPAA violation to post full names; stacking washers and dryers in units, even though they provide laundry service. That seemed like an expensive and unnecessary "perk."

mom care

A lot of really good things. Very kind caregivers. Food and cleanliness very good. Rooms and environment great! Would like a little more motivation from caregivers to have my mom more engaged so she doesn't sleep so much. And also other physical activities/excerise for those who are less mobile but to keep their strength. overall very thoughtful environment and people who work there seem to really care.

Very Happy with this Community

My experience with this community has been good. My father is currently in rehab, but once he gets better he will be returning to this community. I know he is safe and being care for well here. The staff is great, they do a good job caring for him and his needs. I'am very happy with all they have done for us. This is a community I would recommend, it is a very nice place.

Friendly Staff

I have been very pleased with the overall community, the staff are very friendly and are very good about being attentive to my mothers needs. They have had good communication with me about my mothers progress and have kept me informed with any updates or changes. I would recommend this place to anyone looking into an assisted living for there loved one.

Exceeded Our Expectations!!

This community has impressed us in so many ways, we are very happy with our choice. The staff is fantastic, they helped my mother adjust to the new environment very quickly. She is making a lot of new friends! The place is always kept very clean, the maintenance does her laundry at least 3 times a week. The place is minutes away from our home we could pretty much walk there. Her room is a very good size, the other day 6 of us went to visit her and we all fit comfortably. They have a beauty shop where the ladies can get their nails and hair done. The place has a large area for events such as birthday parties.

Top quality Place!!

The community is a new build the amenities are all new. The staff is very friendly and the maintenance is doing a very good job. They provide a variety of activities for the residents to interact and make friends with each other. The room my loved one is in is perfect for her, it has a large bathroom, her own kitchen and plenty of space for all of her belongings. I am very happy with our decision to move her here.

It Was A Short Stay

My mom and dad are not there anymore. It will not fit the needs for them. They were able to provide to make them comfortable.

My Thought Of The Tour!

This is a very nice community. The people I met during my tour were nice. I would live here. This community was just a little to far away for us.

Pleased

My Mom and Dad moved in August.
They are very pleased with the staff and the care that they receive. I was very pleased when I was searching for a place for them with the professional but friendly attitudes of the staff. Overall, we are pleased with this facility.
My parents wish there were more activities, but I think this will come as the staff and the residents work together on this.

Great place.

My brother, father and I toured 6 facilities to find a place for my folks. Dougherty Ferry Assisted Living was the nicest, cleanest and had the most courteous staff of the 6 places. Their fees were in line with the other places but they don't charge for the second resident which saved anywhere from $500 to $800 per month. During the move we all ate lunch and dinner in the dining room. Everything we had was very good. My folks have been there about 2 weeks and like their new home. They have not had the opportunity to try all of the activities but have liked the activities they have done. The most impressive thing I found about the facility is the entire staff. The staff is awesome. Overall we are very happy with the choice we made.

Feels like a resort!

Dougherty Ferry Assisted Living and Memory Care is a beautiful community. The staff are wonderful at communicating with the family. We are very pleased with the attention that dad is receiving. They have a variety of meal options that dad is enjoying thoroughly. My dad is enjoying the opportunities he gets to interact with others. Everyone with A Place for Mom has been friendly and helpful!

I Toured Here

I took a thorough tour of the community. The tour guide gave a good tour and I thought it worked out very well. It seemed like a very good place for suitable care.

Moving to Dougherty was a great decision!!

Mom is doing better since moving into this community. The staff are great and are very attentive to the residents. They go out of their way to make sure the residents are happy. She goes out on outings and enjoys some of the other activities available. The community is very clean and I would recommend it.

Welcome to Dougherty Ferry Assisted Living & Memory Care, a new retirement community with 96 senior apartments located in St. Louis, MO, one mile south of Des Peres Hospital. Here you or your loved one will receive help with daily living and any needed support for dementia—along with chef-prepared meals, concierge services, and a full slate of social and wellness activities.