Avalon Memory Care - Tuckerton - Houston, TX

Avalon Memory Care - Tuckerton - Houston, TX has yet not published prices.

• Female & Male Residents
  • Laundry services
  • Housekeeping provided
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • Special Diet Preparation
  • Secure Memory Unit
  • Free Assessment

Mom and her needs

Our Mom has been there for almost 1 year. She has had several problems they had to work through with her. She came from the hospital and would not get out of bed but after 48 hours with the staff there they had her out of bed, of course with their help. The staff is always there to help each and every one with their different needs. Mom is not always a happy person but she can't help it because of the disease. Always a smile and a friendly hello when you walk in the door.

Just not the right fit

I toured this place and it was nice and clean. The people seemed nice, It was a smaller community also. I just didn't feel like she was going to get engaged enough there. The price was much more that the budget was. But it's a nice community.

Jon Seib

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I wonder what time it was that you toured? After lunch oftentimes some of our residents will take a "siesta" making it seem as though this location is not as engaging. We do have a wonderful population of folk with a short term memory loss that you might not recognize they have a dementia until you speak with them for a bit. When my father started Avalon back in 1995 it was to provide a smaller less institutional setting. Unfortunately this setting does not always meet everyone's budget. Wish you the best.

Needed 24 hour Nursing Care

It is a beautiful new community. Absolutely wonderful tour. They were very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. At the time of my tour, they did not have 24-hour nursing care, and my dad needed a hoyer lift, so it was not the right fit for my dad. Did not provide 24 hours per day nursing care which my father required. Would have to hired physical therapy; not provided by this facility.

Jon Seib

I am sorry that our community seemingly was not able to meet your father's needs. We actually accommodate a hoyer lift and can provide many of the services that you described above. We do have doctors, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, occupational therapists, home health, mobile x-rays, wound care, all the way through hospice that can come into our locations to provide for these medical needs while we mainly assists with the custodial care and have for going on 23 years now all across the State of Texas into Missouri. Please reach back out if you have not been able to find appropriate placement and speak with me and I can clarify further. Wish you and your family the very best.

Mom enjoys this place!

Our Mom has had a wonderful experience at Avalon. The staff is very attentive and friendly. It is a "homey" atmosphere, very unlike most of the other facilities we looked at. We are very happy with our choice and would highly recommend you consider this location if your loved one needs a new home. [Removed].

Jon Seib

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. It means a lot. We certainly like to think that our smaller home-like environments with such a caring and compassionate staff is optimal for this population. Our last 22 years of experience ,when my father started Avalon Memory Care, has allowed us to create what we believe is best for our residents as well as the family members that we serve. If you ever need anything in the future do not hesitate to reach out.

Avalon is Home!!!

From Momonina:
I found Avalon for my Uncle in Dec of 2016...after weeks of searching. From the first day of his arrival to present day, he has been happy being there. He has not felt
abandoned or homesick...the staff are congenial and attentive. The administrator is always available and always informed of every facet of every resident in his care. I feel fortunate in having found Avalon for my

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so glad to have branched out to the Houston area to provide the best of care to those afflicted with a short term memory loss heading into our 23rd year. Our Director there is absolutely amazing and his presence sets the tone for the compassionate care provided at this home-like environment. Please let us know if there are any needs that you or your loved one may have in the future.

Avalon offers personalized care and services with a loving, people-oriented staff in our elegantly furnished homes located in single family residential neighborhoods throughout the Metroplex. Our residents feel at home in the comfort and convenience of a caring and nurturing environment. We offer greater independence, privacy, choices, and individuality than any other modem of care, and we really do enhance an individual’s self-esteem and dignity. We often gain control over incontinence difficulties and a higher quality of life is achieved. We eliminate the need for traditional institutional nursing home care. Our homes are designed to help residents live full, enriched, and comfortable lives with the assistance of our trained staff 24 hours a day.