Sonoma House Assisted Living LLC - Carrollton, TX

A place for mom

This was a nice tour for the care for my mom. The staff stated that they would be the good community for her to adjust to. The community is clean and maintained with a nice atmosphere. They had a good menu of meals that appeared to me good. This community was too far for us to get to mom. We would recommend this community for families to tour for the care of a loved one.

Sonoma House Assisted Living is great!

We are so happy about our decision to have Sonoma care for our mom. The staff is great and the amenities are wonderful.

A Great Tour

It was nice to see a very nice community, It could have been a better place because it was more small. It was close enough but financially they were asking for than our budget. i would recommend them and knowing a resident here who has a god experience is nice too.

Similar to my first choice...

My tour of the Sonoma House Assisted Living went well, the place was very nice and clean. All of the staff were very friendly and I loved the layout, it felt very home like. The reason why chose a different community is because I wanted one that was strictly memory care, this one had assisted living as well as memory care. Other than that, it was a top choice for me.

The Change Is In Progress

Overall it has been good for my dad but he is still transitioning into the senior environment. The staff have been giving enthusiastic talks with my dad to attempt a try with the activities and outings. Most of the staff are welcoming and they help my dad get comfortable. The food is okay, my dad is use to home cooked meals.

I Liked This Place

I liked the way this community was set up. I saw more interaction than other communities. I felt the staff did a very good job keeping the community clean. If the price was better, not quite high, I think I would of end up here instead.

I have a church friend who lives at Sonoma House and I always enjoy visiting there. The community feels like a neighborhood, and the employees are always welcoming when you walk in. I know that my friend has really enjoyed living there.

Horror House

If I could give this facility no stars I would, It is a great concept and looks inviting but this is a house of horrors! The following happened to my mother the first and only month she was there. [removed], the ED and [name removed] are not in this business for your family member.

Issues that have occurred at Sonoma House Assisted living my mother who does NOT have dementia or Alzheimer’s.

[removed]

My mother was there a month and her room was never cleaned.

They rarely have activities, although they list them on a board.

The activity director quit two weeks into our stay and had not been replaced when we left.

They provided my mother with a wheelchair and the brakes did not work causing 2 falls.

My mother was taken to the bathroom and then helped to stand at the sink to brush her teeth. The caretaker left her standing there and she cannot stand for more than a minute on her own. The walker was too far away for her to reach it and she had to yell for help. Fortunately, someone came before she fell.

My mother has peripheral neuropathy, which causes her skin to burn and itch. Any clothes that are remotely tight are painful for her to wear. I made SH very aware about this before we moved her in. I was told that she could wear appropriate, nice terry cloth or velour robes to eat in the dining room, considering her medical condition. That person no longer works there. After that person left, the ED said my mother must dress for every meal or she could not come to the table. My mother does not have the strength to get dressed and undressed three times a day. In addition, it is painful to wear those types of clothes. They were going to start charging me $7.50 for each meal they brought to her room.

The ED would not allow me to talk to other residents or their families.

The caretakers are responsible for all the residents, cooking and cleaning (but they only clean the common areas). These other responsibilities take away from the care they should be giving to the residents. They are allowed two 15 unpaid minute breaks and on their 30-miunute unpaid lunch break they are not allowed to leave the campus. There should be a designated cook and housekeeper. The caretakers are so busy cooking and cleaning that they cannot give the care needed to the residents.

My mother needed to go the doctor and she was refused transportation.

I approached the ED about these issues and never received a formal response.

After expressing my concerns, I received a termination letter that they were evicting my mother.

Veta Redmond

Sonoma House welcomes feedback from residents, their families and staff to better provide care for our residents. We regularly receive positive feedback and likewise benefit from constructive comments. However, a recent posting on this site by a daughter of a resident that lived at Sonoma House for just one month crossed the line. The daughter's posting contained factual misstatements and libelous accusations that reveal her malicious intent to slander Sonoma House, its staff and its ownership. Despite numerous meetings, phone calls, and even a boundary memo for the daughter, she told me she was moving her Mother after living in our community for just one month and started this smear campaign. The Texas State licensing authority then investigated her complaints and found no substantiation. While we regret any confusion the posting has caused, I am available to discuss this situation at any time. Sonoma House will continue to be committed to providing quality person centered care in a not-for-profit setting.
James A. Stroud
President
Sonoma House Assisted Living & Alzheimer's Care
[removed]

made a good a choice

At Somona House Assisted Living LLC the only thing I am dismayed at is it has taken them a long time to get me the paperwork necessary to get his VA assistance. Other than that we like this facility and he likes it too. We really feel like we made a good a choice.

Loved the concept. Loved the staff. Pricing was within budget. The only drawback might be the distance from my house. Plan on showing this location to my mom.

Sonoma House has done a great job of taking care of my Mother. She has been made to feel welcome and loved. The home setting is perfect and the level of care is excellent. I Highly recommend Sonoma House for your loved one.

Wonderful concept. Residents looked happy and engaged. Home-like atmosphere, friendly staff and well managed. However, it is far away so will have to factor this into my decision. Very nice.

Very impressed so far!

Our loved one has not been here long, but so far I'd give them top marks across the board! Our primary concern is that she be surrounded by good people and have easy access to good meals. We like the smaller group home concept as we feel it will be more comfortable and easy to manage for her. The larger places might be too much for her at this point in her life. It's a nice looking place with very friendly people, we feel like it is the right place for her and somewhere she'll be able to feel at home.

Welcome to a place that feels like home.
Sonoma House feels like home.

For seniors who want special care, Sonoma House feels like home. A place where they are known by name. Treated with respect. Loved like family. And have more freedoms, not more restrictions.

From our smaller size to our family-like atmosphere, Sonoma House creates a true home for your loved ones. One that their current residence and larger facilities cannot duplicate.

Sonoma House offers assisted living, Alzheimer's and memory care in a person-centered setting in which each residence houses just 16 seniors. This close-knit environment allows residents to forge closer bonds with each other and our staff - and empowers us to provide superior care and more personal attention.