Avalon House on Woodacre Drive - McLean, VA

Husband is Well

My husband is doing well since his move to this community. It is a lovely community with kind people. They do a great job with keeping everything well-kept. They are taking very good care of him, and his needs. It has been a lovely experience, and we are pleased.

Feels like home!

Avalon House is very clean and well kept. The staff takes really good care of my mom and she is very comfortable here. The staff is very warm and make my mom feel loved. My mom enjoys the food and the staff keeps up on her meals.

Very Caring Staff

The staff is very caring and it’s a very good environment for family members. The food seems good food. My mom likes the variety. The outside grounds are very nice. There is enough parking. The only issue that I have is that the residents they have are all very limited and advanced in their diseases. My loved one is active still, so she can be a little lonely.

Avoid unless only minimal care needed

Probably ok for Alzheimer's residents, but was not a friendly place for my mother that was bedridden. Staff treated her as an annoyance without any warmth.