Avalon House on Oakview Drive - McLean, VA

pretty good

We had delivered a piece of equipment to the facility and I realized it was not acceptable to have it there. I do wish I would have known this prior to moving the patient in. Other that that everything at Avalon House On Oakview Drive has been pretty good.

Pretty good facility overall

Avalon House has been a good fit for us. As far as activities, they don't really have any since it's a memory care facility, but I seem to remember something about a gal coming and playing music. Everyone there really seems to really care about who's living there, and it's a small facility with a really good ratio of residents to caretakers.

Wonderful, homey environment, with full age in place

It's really nice, they're wonderful, it's wonderful. My only problem is my husbands not sleeping at night and they haven't said so far, but I don't know if they'll be able to keep him because their business model doesn't work where they can take care of someone who has gained a significant gait instability and restlessness at night. Right now we're working on trying to find medications that will help him sleep at night, they would provide one on one services but that would cost more and I would'nt be able to affored it. In the Northern Virginia area, it's not that expensive and it's really nice.
I like the fact that it's small, that they give people personal attention, it's more like a family than an institution, I felt he would like it here more and it seems like he is. Another thing I like is they take them through age in place completely. You pay the same daily amount and you know what your risk exposure is.