Avalon House on High Street - Falls Church, VA

So far so good!

Our experience has only been a brief one, but so far things seem to be going very well at Avalon House! My loved one has settled in well, and seems to be doing much better than the location she was in previously. She's always clean and seems happy here. I do think they could do a bitter better when it comes to activities, but overall it is a very nice place!

Great place for my father

It is a wonderful place for my father. They cater to his needs and make him a part of their family.

So far, wonderfully pleased!

We are only one week in, but I am so happy with Avalon House and A Place for Mom. You were there at a time I was so in need! The neighborhood is beautiful, the home seems like a happy place, the caregivers are like the house mothers. We feel very good about the decision. I have met some of the other family members there visiting and they all have very positive comments. Sharon is very good at keeping in touch and letting me know things I need to know about. I am really very relieved and happy, and while Mom doesn't know where she is anyway, I know she feels like she's at home. Thanks

I'm very impressed.

They are a great community. They are a small home with only about eight rooms. My loved one's condition has improved since she has been there. They have PT and they bring musicians and entertainment. They keep it clean and the staff is very friendly. They are a great value, they are very responsive. She is enjoying the food, and what I have been impressed with is they tailor her meal schedule to her preference. They usually do the bigger meal at lunch, and she prefers it in the evening. I really liked the room that was available, and the house was so nice. They have a whole medical team on-call. I'm very impressed.

I'm a big fan of Avalon

it seems like the place was adequately cleaned, compared to sunrise, the smell was much fresher, it's always a challenge, but I think it's very good. I thought they were very friendly, very nice, I could'nt find fault with them, the care seemed fine. We weren't there much, so it's hard to really say, my mother didn't say anything, she was extremely involved with dementia and Alzheimer's but she never looked like she was mistreated or injured or ill-kept. We should have gone to Avalon much earlier because not only did it smell better but it was a much more pleasant atmosphere and kind of a more intimate one. It was a house, a good sized rambler, with a yard and the rooms were very nice, pleanty of things you needed and other people around and they have different levels apparently depending on what level you're functioning at. My mom was at the level with where they weren't speaking much but had we gone earlier to Avalon house is would have been better than sunrise and considerably less expensive.

Room available was nice

Room available was nice

Avalon House on High Street is an assisted living facility located in Falls Church, Virginia. At Avalon House we recognize the importance of balancing a warm, homelike environment with comprehensive medical care. When your loved one is no longer able to live at home, the decision to seek out an assisted living facility can be a highly emotional one. In order to feel comfortable with this transition, it is important to feel confident that you have chose a facility that will offer kind, compassionate care that honors the dignity of each resident. You will also want to ensure that the senior care incorporates adequate medical monitoring by trained professionals. At Avalon House on High Street we do just that. Our senior citizens can enjoy the comfort of having a beloved pet, as we welcome cats. They will also enjoy daily activities specially catered to their changing needs, the ability to socialize with others, and nutritious meals and snacks prepared to fulfill their dietary needs. Our comprehensive medical care includes visits from speech, occupational, and physical therapists, and podiatrists. The staff includes highly specialized nurses with a passion for caring for the elderly, and an on-call doctor in case of medical emergencies. When the time comes for hospice care, this service is available, too. Avalon House on High Street recognizes each resident as a unique individual. We provide specialized care with a human touch. Your loved one deserves nothing less.