Autumn Wind Assisted Living Community - Caldwell, ID

Nice facility but more expensive

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother. It was very nice here and seemed really fancy. The marketing director who gave us the tour was friendly and was very knowledgeable. All of the residents I saw seemed to be really happy. I unfortunately wasn’t told the price until the end and it was out of our budget. I would recommend this facility to other families but you need to be away that it is more expensive.

The Perfect Match For My Mom

My mom she likes the community and has been settling in well. She is happy with the meals, it is wonderful. She is surprise that the food is flavorful and not bland. She likes she is able to get half size portions when she chooses from the menu. They have activities available and she has tried a few but she tells me that is not for her. The staff are great and they check on her constantly. I would recommend the community to my family or friends if it was needed.

Autumn Wind Assisted Living - Caldwell

Don't believe everything the staff or administration tells you. They provide very poor care here. Honesty is NOT a core value they practice.

This seems to be a very nice place.

This seems to be a very nice place. We are impressed with the availability of social options, and like the fact that they even have a mens club. We have high hopes.

really pleased

We are really pleased Autumn Wind Assisted Living Community. Overall everything is great. I have no complaints. We are just really happy with this facility.

Bad place would not recommend!

My mother in law is living there currently. They let her sit for hours on time never answer her call lights for as long as an hour. She has dementia and for supposedly being the highest rated memory care facility they sure don't seem to know how to do that. We were assured of a lot of things and all they seem to be interested in is getting more money for not doing anything at all. They belittle their patients there. I even have a recorded call of them telling my mother in law to stop pressing her call light so much she doesn't need to do that. They keep upping our fees for services yet they have not increased the help they are charging for to her. Awful place I was [removed] into believing they would take good care of my mother in law. Never again would not recommend them for anything at all. [removed]

A Good, Safe Place

I was disappointed that they quickly elevated her level of care and it's so expensive. They seem to be very personable, every time I call they know who I am. I thought I was told in the beginning that they provide transportation to the doctor, but then I found out they charge for that service and I wasn't told that. Overall, I think it's a good, safe place.

We are very happy with it so far.

We are very happy with it so far. It is mostly clean, but I have had to mention the smell in the room before. The staff is really friendly. She says that they feed you plenty, her words. We have had meals with her a couple of times, the jello wasn't great, but overall it was pretty good, I would give it a four. Nicole has been wonderful to work with, she is really understanding and supportive of what the family wants.

Autumn staff and the facility are won...

Autumn staff and the facility are wonder full.

There are certainly areas of improvem...

There are certainly areas of improvement here. Everytime I visit my loved one, she's always just sitting there. She hasn't participated in any activities. Also, the Expressions eating area is pretty depressing, since they are separated from the rest of the residents. I think if they could get the memory care residents out of their rooms more often, they would really appreciate it. Also, they could use some improvement in making sure that the resident's hygiene is taken care of more often. Whenever we have questions as to why it's not, no one seems to know why. The facility is very nice, but for the price, we should be getting a lot more.

We are really happy with the place and the staff.

The food was good. They need to know their wi-fi password and it's only accessible in one location, we like to try to skype with family and we need the wi-fi for the computer, and we have to take him to a different part of the building for that. With dementia patients, they sometimes take each others stuff thinking it's theirs, and the staff is good about looking for it and trying to track it down. We are really happy with the place and the staff. Location was an important factor in making a decision and the number and variety of activities they have there. It was also sort of a busy place with people coming and going so it wasn't a sad kind of a place.

Quality Assisted Living Care and The Best Alzheimer's Care

My Mother In Law lived at Autumn Wind last summer before we lost her to Lymphoma, but she was so happy during her short time there. The staff was just precious to her and her kitty cat Polly Anna. One of the Caregivers took Polly to her farm house in the country after we lost Mom, because we didn't have anywhere else for Polly to go. They truly care and go the extra mile.
Also, my 94 year old Grandmother now resides at Autumn Wind and she just loves her daily gossip session with the ladies she sits with in the beautiful dining room. She has gained weight and looks great. Grandma was sure against leaving her own home, but has made the adjustment beautifully, it just took a time of transition and the attentive caregivers at Autumn Wind to help her.

Sounds like they have an excellent pr...

Sounds like they have an excellent program. Memory care set up in 3 smaller pods with a total of 36 beds.

Seemed very nice to work with and cal...

Seemed very nice to work with and called us any time there was a problem. Just very expensive.

Prestige Assisted Living at Autumn Wind has 53 Assisted Living apartments including Studios, One-bedroom, and Alcove Apartments. It also features 22 Private and Semi-Private Apartments in their award winning secure Expressions Memory Care, specializing in Alzheimer and Dementia Care. Autumn Wind is located in an area of newer homes mixed with small agricultural and farm use. It is near Caldwell Medical Clinics, a two Skilled Nursing Homes and West Valley Medical Center. This community offers an enhanced service package that is not offered by direct competitors. Autumn Wind is licensed to provide the highest level of care (Level III) allowed in Idaho outside the nursing home setting.