The Cottages of Emmett - Emmett, ID

Another clean & inviting facility, with lots of opportunities for seniors to enjoy their final years.

Good communicators

I did feel like they were very good communicators and good at setting up assistance for the residents when they needed it. There were two facilities that we used, and I feel like The Cottages was not the best of the two. We preferred the other facility although the Cottages was nice.

Visited and chose this Community. Liked the family feel and cost. Administration good to work with and the staff have also been nice.

The Next Best Place to Call Home

From the moment we stepped through the gate, we knew that the Cottages of Emmett was the right fit for our dad. Everything was clean and orderly, the other residents seemed genuinely happy, and the staff was welcoming and worked with us through a difficult transition.

Overall positive experience

They were helpful in getting us in while we were in a bit if a crisis. Staff is clean and neat. Administrator is a little difficult to visit with, but I think it is just that he isn't assertive. The only issue I out the cleanliness was a urine smell throughout the building. To me it was fairly strong. However, when my husband and mother-in-law visited later that day they did not notice it being very strong.

Cottages Review

The staff members at the Cottages are very warm and caring; however, some less mobile residents often receive very little interaction for other residents and staff. The activities director does her best with her limited house and tried hard to engage the residence. The manager, however, insists that residence are kept quiet. When family members have come to the Cottages to engage residents in activities that not only help residence to work on memory skills, the manager has complained, even though residence enjoy the experiences and dislike being told they cannot participate. Activities have included a young woman who came in to play music and to sing songs such as B.I.N.G.O. and other songs that triggered positive childhood memories. Another activity included residence playing board games and painting gourds. Each time residents were enjoying themselves Doris, the manager, complained and put a stop to it. Doris also that make arbitrary rules for individual residents that include how often and when a resident can have a phone call as well as how long the resident can talk. She also dictates what time residence have to be in bed and whether residence can leave the building or go outside and sit in the fenced and locked yard. Doris' military style of management serves no one but Doris and no family would want their elderly parents to be in a place where residence are dictated to and told they cannot participate in activities they enjoy.

Manager was very professional and per...

Manager was very professional and personable at the same time. My dad really liked the setting and she gave him good validation for what he was experiencing as a caregiver. Facility was very clean and uncluttered.