The Cottages of Nampa - Nampa, ID

The location was very friendly. My mom would like a little more of a private room setting.

My wife received great care here.

I brought my wife to Streamside and they were great when caring for her. They were there for her as fast as possible whenever she would press her emergency button. She originally started in assisted living within the same facility and when she needed to be moved, they took her to the memory care unit and fed her and helped her with her medicine. They were really good. They were compassionate towards her and helped her when she was finally unable to move on her own. They kept the facility very clean. They did a great job and I was very happy with them.

My mom's care

The care at this community is good. The staff is always kind and they do keep us informed on his progress. The menu seems to be appealing. We like that she is trying to participate with the others in more activities. I like knowing that she is getting the care that she needs from the staff who care. I would recommend this community for the good care and value for others.

Very Impressed

Our experience with The Cottages of Middleton was great. It was a difficult time for us having to move my mother in to community but her time there was a pleasant experience. The community itself is really spotless and beautiful. The Staff was more then accommodation and helpful to my mother and her needs. The residents there was always happy and smililing that is one of the reasons we decided on this place. The director there is just great she really with out her way to help us out and still continues to do so. We were very impressed with The Cottages of Middleton.

impressed with the facility

I was very impressed with the facility. They have been able to meet our services and needs. This facility has a 5 star rating.

Nampa Cottages worked well for us.

My experience with the Nampa Cottages was close to a year and a half ago and for that time I can give it 5 stars with no hesitation. My husband fell at Christmastime and was in the hospital with broken ribs and we really needed a place for him to go because with his injuries I was no long able to take care of him. I contaced "A Place for Mom" because we hadn't done anything yet thinking there wasn't a rush. They were great too, by the way. Very quickly I got a call from Kari Stennit, the manager of the Nampa Cottages. The location was convenient to me and it was small, which I knew would please my husband. She came to the hospital to see if we could work it all out. With her help we moved my husband in about a week after he fell - at at Christmas. Everyone was extremely kind and understanding of our situation. We got all the paperwork done quickly. The staff was very attentive and spent a lot of time with each patient. The meals were home made and though not always to the liking of each patient they seemed to be good and nourishing. You just can't, unfortunately, please everyone for food likes and dislikes. They did their best to make it feel like home. That is next to impossible considering each and every patient would rather have been in his or her own home. I was kept informed as to his health, what they were able to do. Kari contacted Hospice right away and that helped us a lot too. I saw menues, personal interaction, activities and could not have asked for a better solution to our needs. I only have personal knowledge of the Nampa Cottages, but have heard from others that all of the Cottages do a really good job in a very difficult situation. They take care of the family as well as the patient.

really friendly

I really like the person-ability of the people there. The staff is really friendly and the interact with the residents and the families in a real good way. I really can't think of anything they could do to improve. It has been a great experience and I would highly recommend The Cottages of Nampa .

Nice, clean, friendly. Pers...

Nice, clean, friendly. Personal bedrooms were small but adequate.Split floor plan 3 rooms on each wing. Each wing has a bathroom. No rooms with their own bathroom. Smoking outside not a problem - they will work with the resident.

Early Days yet

My husband has been in The Cottages of Nampa for only 6 days, but so far it seems to be ideal for our needs. They only care for dementia patients. They have room for 10, but at the present time only have 6 which means a lot of personal care. We are still going through the adjustment period and there are some ups and downs, but the house manager says that they are to be expected and they are trained to deal with them.

All of the personnel seems very qualified. So far I would certainly choose The Cottages over a larger facility every time. It's so much more personal. As the manager says "it is their home". No labeling clothing, their clothes are washed alone. They encourage personal items. The rooms can be decorated to please the patient. There is a cable TV connection in every room. The meals look and smell good. There is a nice sun porch with views of the Owyhee's and pastures since it is semi rural. Comfortable looking furniture.

All in all if a loved one has to be in an assisted care place, I don't think this can be beat.