Autumn Leaves of Windward - Alpharetta, GA

Autumn Leaves of Windward - Alpharetta, GA has yet not published prices.

As Good As It Gets

My wife has been a resident of Autumn Leaves of Windward for approximately 15 months. We made this move after unsatisfactory experiences at two other local facilities. The third time was a charm! A few of the many reasons for our appreciation of Autumn Leaves: (1) It is exclusively a memory care facility and is designed and staffed accordingly. (2) Engaging residents with appropriate activities is a high priority. (3) Management and staff are specialized, empathetic and responsive. (4) The facility is beautiful and obviously designed by experienced practitioners. I could go on, but I hope my point is clear. I believe my wife is living in the best conditions possible. I wish I could care for her at home, but I can't. Autumn Leaves of Windward is the next best thing.

Beautiful and Fresh

My husband is slowly transitioning in here, and the staff has been very good at working with him. He is not used to having others help him so that has been something we have been working on with him. All the staff seems to care about their residents and the community has a very nice set-up and I like that it is one level. There is a nice secured courtyard even a small golf/putting green, plus they keep the residents busy during the day. The menu choices are good and my husband's room is very nice and they keep it very clean.

Autumn Leaves -- care for my dad and peace of mind for me

The need for a memory care home for my dad arose quite suddenly. The factors of importance in the search for a provider were: (1) Memory care is the focus and the sole service of the provider; it is not a sideline activity. (2)
A private room and a private bathroom are available. (3)
The facility is nearby, allowing for frequent visits. (4) The monthly charges are all inclusive; they are not divided into separate rent and level of care fees.

After an online research of more than a dozen nearby facilities, I visited Autumn Leaves and one other provider. The tour of Autumn Leaves instilled a positive feeling, and there was no need to look further.

That positive outlook continues now that my dad is a resident there. While his memory capabilities continue to decline, he seems more stimulated and physically stronger than when he arrived. He seems to have settled in and is content there.

The staff are friendly and patient. I have watched them give personal attention to every resident, including my dad. He is receiving much better care there than I was able to provide at home. He, his clothing, and his room and bathroom always are clean when I visit and conduct a personal inspection.

I found the monthly costs to be higher than those advertised by some of the other providers. Because of the quality of care my dad is receiving, however, I am satisfied with the costs.

My dad has been visited by a nurse practitioner. Not all medical services are available in-house, however. I have been told, for example, that visits by a dentist are not yet available. Hopefully that situation will change.

Not Quite What I Expected for the Apartments

I was trying to get a 2 bedroom for my parents and the community didn't fit them for the room they had available. The tour was very suitable and professional from their staff. The were on time for the appointment.